• ps2

this devil may cry wanna be does exactly that; except this one looks so good its a joy to watch as well as play.

you get to play a serious badass muscle bound sparta-type that has these whip-like swords as weapons. the swords have a huge number of unlockable moves to them and when you first start playing it looks so good and kicks so much *blam* that it's obvious the torture is on its way.
    there are bossfights just about right off in the first level, which is a refreshing change from the normal 'wait until your finger is about mashed out before taking on the big boys' design.
    i have to admit that firstly there is no camera control which sucks in certain conditions however the design isnt flawed, you just have to move in order to see correctly.
    also there is some serious button mashing thats fun to do BUT when it comes to the on screen kill minigame *in order to kill a foe you must hit whatever button is assigned over the foes head repeatedly with extreme rapidity* i found myself having to switch hands for the controller so i could actually hit the button fast enough to make a kill. while that seems like a serious pain in the *blam*, its actually kind of neat because our "hero" *whos actually an *blam** has different moves for everything that he kills so you never get the same move twice unless youre killing the same type of enemy.
    new enemies are always popping up and they are tough, mean and quick.
    the game is gorgeous, the controls are tight and right on, the powerups are bought by orb collecting so in the great number of weapons that you can get you must decide which weapons will be the choice to powerup and each weapon can unlock a different piece of the game for later on *IE: theres a number of different modes to play under when you begin and playing each one will unlock things when youre done playing the game which means replay value is near endless*.
    theres also no need to wait for new weapons as they give them to you for completing tasks at the end of each level, which is nice.
    theres a multitude of hiddens in this game.
    if you enjoy romping on a slaying spree with a really cool charector buy this game immedietly. its a hell of a lot of fun and i dont even like straight slash and hack.

Holder of the Triforce of Wisdom

Edited once, last by code (May 7, 2006 at 7:34 PM).