todays darwin awards

• continuing with todays theme of "all things stupid" i give to you this weeks darwin awards. who should win the stuffed bear for the dumbest? well....paris is still alive!

darwin case #1:
    A rolling stone isn't the only thing that collects no moss. Three Vietnam men scavenging for scrap metal found an unexploded 500 pound bomb perched atop a hill, and decided to rely on a little help from Sir Isaac Newton to retrieve it. As they attempted to roll the bomb down the hillside, it detonated, leaving a four meter wide crater and sending all three of the entrepreneurs to a face to face meeting with their deceased hero.

case #2:
    Benjamin Franklin is said to have flown a kite in a lightning storm, to discover whether lightning is the same as electricity. However, there are certain precautions one must take to avoid electrocution.
    Kennon, 26, recently replicated the conditions of Franklin's experiment, sans precautions, while flying a kite for his niece. The string was too short, so he attached a length of thin copper wire...
    The copper wire made contact with a high tension line, sending a bolt of "artificial lightning" down the wire.

*here it comes!!!*.....
    Kennon's father told the media his son should have known better, as he's an electrician.

and from 2000, an tale to inspire us all, this one lived!
    (2000, England) This tale proves that crime does pay, if you're fishing for elective surgery to go along with your stolen goods.
    A 24-year-old supermarket shoplifter stuffed a pair of live lobsters in his pants and sprinted for the door, but he never had a chance. The violated crustaceans brought the thief to his knees in front of startled cashiers when they fastened their powerful claws around his delicate parts.
    Doctors were able to remove the animals with pliers. They say the thief will fully recover -- except for one small detail. "It was a do-it-yourself vasectomy." This man's daring supermarket exploits make him one of the few Darwin Award winners to live to tell the tale.
    The supermarket manager declined to press charges, saying the culprit has already "gone through enough pain (to) learn his lesson."

do you have any stories about stupid people?
    i once had a friend that asked me how to get the remaining pringles out from the bottom of the can because his hand was to big to fit inside.
    another friend asked me what was in a gin and tonic *incidentally, i had asked a bartender to make me one and HE didnt know what was in it either *but he was a native of mexico and could barely speak english so i let it slide asking for a beer instead*, and telling her this story brought said comment. yes, i was surrounded that day by the stupid of the world. someone should have shot me on the spot*
    david lee roth, front man for the original band van halen once said in an interview in a Dont Do Drugs teen magazine; "I used to have a drug problem, but now I've got the money". :lol

so tell me your stupid people stories! i know you have them!!

Holder of the Triforce of Wisdom