• Official Post

Anyone else a big fan of this show. I watched it every day after school that there was an episode on Toonami on Cartoon Network back in the early 2000s

I just started buying the BluRay remastered editions (i read that they had the American Faulconer music on them). I just bought the first two seasons roughly 74 episodes. Maybe next Thursday I will get two more, thre are 9 in total.

• Official Post

I lied, I just bought Season 3 today. I will buy 3 more on payday. Uber excited.

Also noone wants to voice their opinions on DBZ?

• I lied, I just bought Season 3 today. I will buy 3 more on payday. Uber excited.

Also noone wants to voice their opinions on DBZ?

I would be replying to this thread about DBZ, but I'm still currently watching the original Dragon Ball series. I like going in order for stuff like that. :p

*insert something witty here*

• Official Post

You have never watched Dragon Ball Z? It is only the highest grossing anime of all time.

It literally just got restarted by the original creator to save the Japanese economy.

My childhood was dbz filled.

• Official Post

I really liked Dragonball, so I followed dragonball Z religiously, even though for the Latin American dub, they used to restart each saga to make time to keep on dubbing the next ones. I remember I cried when [SPOILER="not really an spoiler by now, but to protect TIO"]Freezar killed Krillin[/SPOILER] because I remembered from dragonball that

"blocked in case TIO hasn't reached this part"

once a person is killed she/he can only be revived once and well, he already had been revived before in dragonball

That's pretty cool you're filling your collection.
    Anyone remember "the last 5 minutes" of Namek? :lol:

• I know that Dragon Ball Z is really popular but I don't really get the essence of this anime.
    It's just too boring according to me.

IMO If you just tune it it gets really boring. Dudes talk like 20 minutes and then they fight so fast they just animate dots.
    Tune in again after 100 episodes same deal different villain. It is hard to be invested without knowing the characters. The thing is that DBZ is a continue festive of taking things to the next level. After each villain they defeat a new horror comes that involves more risk than the last. All this techniques and transformations that make no sense in one seated make sense for the fans because they were slowly introduced one by one.

Dragonball introduces the characters and the archetypes of today's equivalents of this type of Anime. Luffy and Naruto took inspiration from Goku and dragonball Z universe. In retrospect yes, some episodes are dull and drags out unnecessarily but at least for me, at the time, DBZ was an adventure that pushed Goku and the rest to where we didn't imagine they could reach. If you start DBZ knowing Dragonball you will be already attached to some of the characters and their development they have had up until that point. If you care, you could try the TSR's abridged parody. It is a great way to condense in 5-10 episodes a whole season.

Anyway, not saying this to change your mind more than to explain the popularity.

• IMO If you just tune it it gets really boring. Dudes talk like 20 minutes and then they fight so fast they just animate dots.
    Tune in again after 100 episodes same deal different villain. It is hard to be invested without knowing the characters. The thing is that DBZ is a continue festive of taking things to the next level. After each villain they defeat a new horror comes that involves more risk than the last. All this techniques and transformations that make no sense in one seated make sense for the fans because they were slowly introduced one by one.

Dragonball introduces the characters and the archetypes of today's equivalents of this type of Anime. Luffy and Naruto took inspiration from Goku and dragonball Z universe. In retrospect yes, some episodes are dull and drags out unnecessarily but at least for me, at the time, DBZ was an adventure that pushed Goku and the rest to where we didn't imagine they could reach. If you start DBZ knowing Dragonball you will be already attached to some of the characters and their development they have had up until that point. If you care, you could try the TSR's abridged parody. It is a great way to condense in 5-10 episodes a whole season.

Anyway, not saying this to change your mind more than to explain the popularity.

I do remember watching it in cartoon network.
    I was just 10 or 12...I don't remember. Anyway, goku is trying to get some sort of energy and he fighting against a green man. I don't remember the name.
    The fight went on for 6 episodes and I just dropped it without a second though.
    That was just too boring for me >.>

• Anyway, goku is trying to get some sort of energy and he fighting against a green man. I don't remember the name.
    The fight went on for 6 episodes and I just dropped it without a second though.

I think that is against Cell. And yeah, the fights do drag a lot as the series go on in DBZ. Yeah, I guess is not the best first impression.

• Come on. It was a really bad experience and I really didn't think it's got anything to offer.
    So, yeah. I never really considered it as a quality anime to begin with.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

instant_transm__kamehameha_gif_by_elite49-d3g2rqj.gif
    Source: elite49@dA

• You guys.
    Fine. I get it.
    Dragon ball got much more to offer but then again, I am too old to watch it now.

Like no one really cares. It's part of our childhood and that's it. If you don't like it that's fine but you're still the unpopular opinion. We only like it for nostalgia value, as anime itself is just as bad as naruto bleach and whatever.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• Like no one really cares. It's part of our childhood and that's it. If you don't like it that's fine but you're still the unpopular opinion. We only like it for nostalgia value, as anime itself is just as bad as naruto bleach and whatever.

That's the most bullshit thing I have ever heard. Don't speak for other people's opinions unless you know that it's the right opinion. I hate nostalgia. It's stupid. I liek things because they are good and I like them. Also, anime is awesome.