The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• This is the official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread. Anything that is related to Brawl, like updates to the site and stuff, shall be posted here and only here. That is all.

Also, any rumors you want to post in this topic are also fine, like mag scans or character rumors. Keeps up a good discussion.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• I wish they'd add Lucario:

^+B: Standard leap.
    <+B or >+B: Aura Sphere (game details: Fighting Type move; Cannot miss)
    V+B: Dragon Pulse (No added effect, but it can make like some energy wave on the ground that spread to the sides of him.)

Pose: Closing his eyes and his body tenses up like sensing for Aura.

• Quote from Shrukan

I wish they'd add Lucario:

^+B: Standard leap.
    <+B or >+B: Aura Sphere (game details: Fighting Type move; Cannot miss)
    V+B: Dragon Pulse (No added effect, but it can make like some energy wave on the ground that spread to the sides of him.)

Pose: Closing his eyes and his body tenses up like sensing for Aura.

That gets me confused. What is so great about Lucario that he should be in Brawl? I just don't understand...

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from Muigi

That gets me confused. What is so great about Lucario that he should be in Brawl? I just don't understand...

Lucario was in a movie. He also has the power to sense Aura. He is a strong Pokemon

• Quote from Shrukan

Lucario was in a movie. He also has the power to sense Aura. He is a strong Pokemon

Erm, so? That's like saying a gym trainer should fight a pro wrestler. Just because they look strong doesn't mean they qualify for something.
    Besides, what else is Lucario known for, other than being in a movie that has nothing to do with the game itself?

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from Muigi

Erm, so? That's like saying a gym trainer should fight a pro wrestler. Just because they look strong doesn't mean they qualify for something.
    Besides, what else is Lucario known for, other than being in a movie that has nothing to do with the game itself?

Yet Pichu made it in. The only thing he is known for is being in most of the games with Pikachu, and being a Pikachu without control for his lightning attacks.

• Quote from Shrukan

Yet Pichu made it in. The only thing he is known for is being in most of the games with Pikachu, and being a Pikachu without control for his lightning attacks.

Yes, but, nontheless, he was a clone and most likely thrown in at the last minute or something. I'm pretty sure he and Dr. Mario, much to my disappointment, will be replaced by non-cloned characters.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• I can't wait for brawl to come out! I'm curious what all characters are going to be in the game.. rumor has Midna has sneaked into the line up... and wind waker link as well??

• Quote from gametap

I can't wait for brawl to come out! I'm curious what all characters are going to be in the game.. rumor has Midna has sneaked into the line up... and wind waker link as well??

Bah, that "Wind Waker Link in Brawl" rumor was already proven false months ago. :P

And I have a feeling Midna won't make it. She just hasn't had much of an impact on the Zelda series than any other character. She was basically the Navi of Twilight Princess, though less annoying. If she does, I doubt she'll be playable. Maybe a background object or something, but most likely not playable.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• I normally play as Link, so I think you'd all better FEAR me with that Triforce attack.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Quote from Wild Cucco

I normally play as Link, so I think you'd all better FEAR me with that Triforce attack.

Bah, not if I get the Smash Ball first and use the Mario Finale!

Anyways, today's update shows off Pikachu's Final Smash called the Volt Tackle. Seems kinda useless to me, but I'm sure there will be some people who'll use it well. I sure won't.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Has anyone else noticed how Pikachu's getting the short end of the stick here?

In the first trailer, he's hardly shown at all (and is the ONLY ONE of the FOUR first introduced Smashers -- Mario, Link, Kirby, and Pikachu -- to NOT introduce his Final Smash). And in the second trailer, while everyone else is showing off their moves, what does Pikachu do? Jump and crawl. Lovely, Pika. SHOW US THUNDER ALREADY!! And now this... they make his move look pathetic, compared to the previous entries that actually HIT their opponents and looked like they delivered massive damage.

Oh, well. At least there are daily updates, and they showed his Final Smash.
    And they showed Groudon. Love that update. (I accidentally thought he was a playable character for a moment. XD )

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I know someone who can use Pikachu really well... but this attack seems fairly pointless.

When I was Jigglypuff in SSBM, sometimes I rolled off the edge when I used Rollout. XD, but this kind of reminds me of that.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Heh, Sakurai's got a sense of humor... That last picture reminds me of another I saw of Wario, jumping in the air, about to munch on Mario... except someone edited the picture and pasted Sonic's head on Mario's, and called him "Sonic the Breakfast". Did I have a good morning after that. :)

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Muigi

Well, not much of an update today, I'm afraid.

They just go over some of Fox's special moves and show off his reflector and blaster.

I used Fox on my SSB game yesterday and he seems ok. Too fast and a bit weak if you don't know how to use him to your advantage.

• Quote from Shrukan

I used Fox on my SSB game yesterday and he seems ok. Too fast and a bit weak if you don't know how to use him to your advantage.

Yea, Fox is pretty fast like that. If you don't know how to use him that well, it can cause some problems.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Bahh, should have expected an update like this... Ack. How can Sakurai possibly live with himself, having to withhold such tempting information from the fans?? I would have cracked a long time ago. :P

Fox is a good character. Very speedy, and can pull of some unthinkable combos. It's just that you have to have quick reactions for most of them. I've tried him, but I normally tumble off the stage by the time I know it because I get carried away with his moves...

Quote from Muigi