The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Quote from Hector the Specter

I hope despite the fact shes blonde she don't screw up a few times heh ;)

Avoid the blonde jokes. Some people don't appreciate that kind of stuff, like Twistkill.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from Twistkill

My sister is blonde. She is the program manager of the first online charity in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) to help the less fortunate with their heat and electric bills. She had above a 3.2 GPA in college. Don't start that blonde s*** with me.

bahahah

take a chill pill dude no one really cares

anywho...
    so zero suite is now a proper choosable character?
    from looking at yesterdays update it looks as if you can only obtain her through samus aran's final smash

• Quote from mortuaries

so zero suite is now a proper choosable character?
    from looking at yesterdays update it looks as if you can only obtain her through samus aran's final smash

In my view, she's only available through using Samus's Final Smash, and most likely a form Samus users want to stray away from. When she loses her suit, I think she may grow weaker than any other characters.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from mortuaries

bahahah

take a chill pill dude no one really cares

Dude. I'm a fucking blonde. I talk those jokes somewhat seriously, like Twistkill. Back off making fun of people. Get off the jokes and back on topic please.

ZZS looks awesome. XD. I should play Samus or something when I get Brawl.

• FYI I didnt make any jokes about being a blonde

Im a blonde myself....
    You dont see me crying over someone making a joke over the internet

anyway...

any guesses to what tomorrows update will be?

• I expect something... new. :P

I have theorized that Meta Knight will be "revealed" next week, and Snake the week after that... After those two, we've got nothing but new characters.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Steelia

I expect something... new. :P

I have theorized that Meta Knight will be "revealed" next week, and Snake the week after that... After those two, we've got nothing but new characters.

OMG! I hope Sonic is in Brawl XDDDD.

• You're not the only one. I'd rather duke it out with Sonic in Brawl anyday over racing Mario in the Olympics.

So far, we have 6 stages, and 14 known characters (5 newcomers: Wario, Zero-Suit Samus, Pit, Meta Knight, and Snake; and 9 veterans: Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Bowser, Zelda, Fox, Samus, and Donkey Kong). If there are 40 (or around 40) as speculated, we still have about... 26 more characters to go through. And if you include Ness, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Luigi, and Captain Falcon (all but Yoshi from original roster), 21. Well. That's still quite a bit.

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• There's a lot of updates from now until the release.

I would expect them to be able to reveal at least all of the starting characters, starting stages (and their music), and most items/assist trophies. Not to mention several hidden characters and stages (and their music).

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Ah, Assist Trophies...

I heard that, for the time being, Sakurai is "stalling" the actual new Character reveals with these particularly picked Assist Trophies/stages/Pokemon. Take Deoxys. Many people wanted it, but he discredited it early instead of waiting.
    Same with Smashville. He discredited, say, Tom Nook early so that there wouldn't be a riot near the game's release.

Anywho, for Assist Trophies... I really don't know who to expect, but... possibly... could characters from the Mario universe, such as Cackletta or Fawful, actually make in there?
    Or even Darunia or Saria from the Zelda games? And if Midna's not playable, possibly even her?
    DK could have Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, all those guys... Yoshi could have, say, Boshi from Super Mario RPG.... Heck, even Smithy could make it as an Assist Trophy!

~~

WHOLLY...

And speaking of Assist Trophies... Today's chilling entry:

<???>

In this world...

...trophies fight.

They know nothing but fighting, as it is their sole reason for existing.

Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death...
    Those are the rules of this world.

But...

When someone... or something... breaks the rules of this world...

The world will pay...

...a terrible price...

Quote from Muigi

• Oh yes, definately.

I wonder who the guy in the last picture is, though? Whenever I look at him, I can't help but feel an odd chill... Perhaps its his aura. Though he doesn't exactly look menacing, there's just something about his face, or even the eyes...
    Could he be the actual creator of Master Hand and Crazy Hand??

Makes me wonder if Sakurai is going to have original characters in this game...

~~Hold the phone! After closer inspection...

...is there two more forming behind the first one, or is it just me??

Quote from Muigi

• I've heard rumors that they could be the new "Wire Frames"... The first game had the Polygons, Melee had Wire Frames.... now Brawl could have these guys, whom many have nicknamed "Mr. Purple". Heh.

Quote from Muigi

• Hm, maybe this is a clue to there being a real story behind the carnage this time around.

Also, and I'm gonna guess about this...

Seeing Metaknight's Halbred, I'm taking a guess that Metaknight is gonna be the main villain this time in the Story mode or something.

EDIT:

http://nesonline.blogspot.com/2007/07/rumor-…ws-on-26th.html

ABUH?!
    Although it's still a rumor, it says that Sonic will be confirmed in Brawl as an update on the 26th of July. I'll continue to hope for the best of whatever happens on that day.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ And as it has been said, the day Sonic is revealed in Smash Bros. is the day the internet crashes.

Anywho... In other news, "new" character (possibly?) confirmed in newest Game Informer magazine:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=21515

Specific Quote:
    GI: You?re doing a good job with Smash Bros.?you?re bringing back Ness and you?ve got Pit now?but the hardcore fans, the old school are looking for more than just beating the crap out of each other with those characters, so are those franchises something we may see in the future?

Miyamoto: (laughs) Well, my development teams aren?t working on either of those franchises right now. Of course Nintendo has a lot of development teams that it works with. On those development teams are a lot of people that are Nintendo fans and on those teams there are a lot of people who are constantly telling us, ?Oh we want to make a new Kid Icarus.? So you never know when something like that might happen.

As for Mother, [ed: Earthbound], that?s a slightly more complicated matter that I can?t really answer because it?s really up to Mr. Itoi is to whether or not he?s interested in continuing that franchise. But I can say that Mr. Itoi and I are still on very good terms and we enjoy working together. (laughs)

Enjoy. :)

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

^ And as it has been said, the day Sonic is revealed in Smash Bros. is the day the internet crashes.

I guess we'll have to see what happens on that day, now won't we?
    I ain't getting my hopes up, but it's still exciting to see.

@gonintendo link:
    Well, Ness was obviously coming back. I see no reason to kick him out really.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Actually, it has been said that Ness was supposed to get the boot in Melee and be replaced by a guy named Lucas from the Mother series.... I think from Mother3? But, due to time restrictions, it didn't happen.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

Actually, it has been said that Ness was supposed to get the boot in Melee and be replaced by a guy named Lucas from the Mother series.... I think from Mother3? But, due to time restrictions, it didn't happen.

Really, now? That's the first I've heard of that. Interesting....

Quote from The Shoutbox