The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Wicked asteroid explosions/details. I've always loved HAL Labs in their work with detail (I find it inspiring), and now Sora is doing an excellent job of it. This is definately going to be one of the first stages I will go to when I buy this game.

Well, now for a short hiatus till Monday rolls around...

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Holy smokes, sorry for the double post, BUT NEWLY CONFIRMED CHARACTER!!!!

I'll let Muigi take care of the rest. :)

http://www.smashbros.com/

Now... THAT'S what I'm talking about! I'm so hyped, I'm at a loss for words!! XD

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Has anyone else but me noticed Zelda was announced, but there was nothing about Sheik? Is she in it too, or not? Seeing as this is TP Zelda, I would assume not, unless they made Sheik her own character. But seeing as they're updating the looks to the newer games, and there is no TP Sheik, it seems less probable. It's too bad too, because Sheik was pretty kickass in Melee. Still, she still may have a chance, we just have to wait and see...

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Has anyone else but me noticed Zelda was announced, but there was nothing about Sheik? Is she in it too, or not? Seeing as this is TP Zelda, I would assume not, unless they made Sheik her own character. But seeing as they're updating the looks to the newer games, and there is no TP Sheik, it seems less probable. It's too bad too, because Sheik was pretty kickass in Melee. Still, she still may have a chance, we just have to wait and see...

If you know of Zelda, who wouldn't think of Sheik? I can't tell you the amount of Sheik topics I've seen in other forums I've been through, complaining that "Sheik wasn't mentioned!!" It's been rather bothersome... Even I noticed no mention of Sheik, as Zelda just doesn't seem complete [in Brawl] without her alter-ego. Could it be possible Sakurai is going to reveal her tomorrow, or sometime soon? There's a chance for it... though I wouldn't get my hopes up too high of seeing her soon. One never knows, though.

Quote from Muigi

• True, but think about it. If they went character-wise, then Sheik couldn't be a transformation for Zelda because this is TP Zelda, not OoT Zelda. Like I said, it seems probable, but we don't know yet for sure.

Actually, now that I think about it, if they're gonna throw Zero suit as a transformation of sorts for Samus, then they may as well throw in Sheik for Zelda...who knows though.

• Quote from Steelia

If you know of Zelda, who wouldn't think of Sheik? I can't tell you the amount of Sheik topics I've seen in other forums I've been through, complaining that "Sheik wasn't mentioned!!" It's been rather bothersome... Even I noticed no mention of Sheik, as Zelda just doesn't seem complete [in Brawl] without her alter-ego. Could it be possible Sakurai is going to reveal her tomorrow, or sometime soon? There's a chance for it... though I wouldn't get my hopes up too high of seeing her soon. One never knows, though.

My best friend's best character is Sheik, though he uses him cheaply, as in never giving you a chance to do anything. I can counter him with Mario, though. :P

I'm sure he'll be disappointed by the non-mentioning of Sheik, but there's still a chance he'll be in. It may not be OoT Zelda, but that doesn't mean she still can't transform into him.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Well, no Sheik update today, but it IS Ocarina of Time related... Could that be a possible hint of Sheik's entrance (as Ocarina of Time is considered the best Zelda game), or is it just pure coincidence Sakurai would mention a medley of OoT? Gives you something to speculate about.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

Well, no Sheik update today, but it IS Ocarina of Time related... Could that be a possible hint of Sheik's entrance (as Ocarina of Time is considered the best Zelda game), or is it just pure coincidence Sakurai would mention a medley of OoT? Gives you something to speculate about.

Makes me think of what the new Zelda stage will be, actually.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

I'm hoping for maybe a market town stage (TP)?

lawl
    Nah, maybe somewhere in the Twilight Realm, or wait, how about the Stallord's Boss Room!

That'd be pretty cool, with all the spiked spinners going around the stage and stuff!
    But methinks it'll probably be the rooftops of Hyrule or something.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from Muigi

Nah, maybe somewhere in the Twilight Realm, or wait, how about the Stallord's Boss Room?

Well if they do, is it going to be part one or two? And how will the players fight there?

Blizzeta's room? Fall on Ice XD

• Quote from Shrukan

Well if they do, is it going to be part one or two? And how will the players fight there?

I'm guessing the Part 2 version, but have one of the spiked balls roll onto the stage at some point, or have Stallord's head come back to life and shoot electric balls at the stage at some point until someone punches, kicks, slices, shoots, or whatever to him.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from Muigi

Makes me think of what the new Zelda stage will be, actually.

Good chance they're going to add something Twilight Princess related, or even some from Wind Waker or the handheld games.

Quote from Muigi

• New Smash Bros. item today:

BANANA PEEL

I'm not sure about this update... It feels like more of a filler, if anything.
    In any case, this reminds me of the flipper. You step on it, get slipped up or knocked back. Would it take damage, though, or just drop your opponent's defenses?

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

In any case, this reminds me of the flipper. You step on it, get slipped up or knocked back. Would it take damage, though, or just drop your opponent's defenses?

I think it'll make you take damage when you slip, but not much. Maybe like 5% or 2%, who knows.

Quote from The Shoutbox