The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Last week was one of my personal favorite weeks... though, after Monday, everything was rather bland. I enjoy new characters... ^_^

Today's update: Special Moves.

<Link's Special Moves>

Though many are still inspired by Melee, they have now been modified so to meet his Twilight Princess costume.

<Side Special Move: Gale Boomerang>

<Standard Special Move: Hero's Bow>

<Down Special Move: Bomb>

<Up Special Move: Spin Attack>

Now you can charge it this time around!

<Grab: Clawshot>

First Hookshot, then Longshot, now Clawshot... Sounds appropriate.

The Clawshot can be used as a Tether Recovery... Of course, in order to work, you have to be close enough to the stage...

Discussion!

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Hmm. The charging is nice, but if it takes as long as Marth and Roy's crap did from Melee, that'll be troublesome for some.

Gale Boomerang is pretty cool.

The Bow and arrows and the bombs really have nothing changed, excluding their design. Would've at least liked to see the one bomb that crawls around from TP, forgot the name. But oh well.

Now, that Clawshot is pretty cool. There was a lot of times the stupid hookshot/longshot didn't do jack in Melee. Still, I wonder if you'll still be able to use the Clawshot as a weapon, to bring opponents to you, like the hookshot/longshot could in Melee? Hopefully.

• Quote from Shrukan

Friday's Update is still up.... Where's Monday's... -_-

It's up here... Check above. >.>

It's Link's Special Moves. (It took a while to update where I live -- about 5am, longer than usual.)

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Where's Muigi at? He's normally the one doing updates. O_o

Hopefully Sakurai doesn't falter with tomorrow's update. Today's took a little while to get up... Wonder what that was all about.

Anywho, I'm still keeping in mind that rumor that "something VERY good/debatable" is supposed to be revealed this week. (From the lips of the one who predicted a Newcomer [Pokemon Trainer] and a Veteran [Peach] would be revealed last week... though I'm guessing it was by sheer luck he did that. And since when has a Smash update not been debated? :P )

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

Where's Muigi at? He's normally the one doing updates. O_o

I'm at home wondering when I'll ever get a chance to do it at all. Parents have had me bushed all month so far. -.-

Also, I still hate my Wii browser connection. It goes in and out constantly.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• ^ Ah, I see. Well, hopefully you'll find your free time... soon. >:-D

Anyways, NEWCOMER!

<Diddy Kong>

Originally supposed to be on the roster for Melee (but cut due to time constraints), Diddy makes it in solo in his Brawl debut!

So much for the speculated Diddy-Dixie Kong combo. I'll well off enough with this, that's for sure.
    Diddy Kong was one character of a few that was supposed to be added to Melee... but got cut. Ridley was another. I think Lucas (from MOTHER/Earthbound, with Ness) was another, too... That's all I can remember.

Anyway, Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• I wonder if he'll use his cartwheel like he does in Donkey Kong Country/2? THAT would be something.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

I wonder if he'll use his cartwheel like he does in Donkey Kong Country/2? THAT would be something.

That just might be his dash attack.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Today's update: A music piece... from Animal Crossing.

<Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider!>

I was liking the piece... until near the end. That just about ruined the moment.
    Sakurai wasn't joking... Must have been tough to pick a piece from Animal Crossing, as a lot of songs aren't Brawl worthy. As far as I know, anyway.

I'll just keep it at that and keep my opinion to myself. You don't want to know what I think. x_x

--OH SMOKES! It was a two-part update! Now THIS is what I'm talking about!

Yoshi: Final Smash

<Super Dragon>

I see you...

Before you know it... Yoshi's sprouted wings!

He also learns Flamethrower!

And, if you tap the button, he can spew out fireballs! Run, Pikachu and Link, run!!

The scarred Pikachu watches from a distance as the Super Dragon Yoshi becomes no more...

DISCUSSION!

Quote from Muigi

• ^ Yes, but can it make you breathe fire and spit fireballs? ;-P

Anywho... TODAY'S UPDATE. A "game mode." Featuring...

<Petey Piranha>

In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it?s rumored that there will be boss appearances.

This time, I?d like to introduce the first boss you encounter: Petey Piranha!

Just look at the size of him! He swings around the cages containing the princesses, Zelda and Peach, and on occasion...

...he will try to smash you with them! Who's is getting hurt worse here, Kirby, or the princesses?!

After you counterattack by knocking at the cages, whichever one you target will eventually bust open and free a princess... but you can only choose one! What will happen to the other unfreed princess?!

~Discussion!!

Quote from Muigi