The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Er, actually, Steelia, that's the main stage. The minigames will more than likely happen during the fight. And, if my suspicions are correct, they'll get faster and more challenging, just like the real Warioware games.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• ^ Ah, yeah I know. I worded that wrong, sorry. :P
    And I thought after you did those starting minigames (shown on the site), you would have that permanent stage...? Or do you think it will be like Rainbow Cruise, where it "rotates" around the entire place?

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• ^ Ah, yeah I know. I worded that wrong, sorry. :P
    And I thought after you did those starting minigames (shown on the site), you would have that permanent stage...? Or do you think it will be like Rainbow Cruise, where it "rotates" around the entire place?

I think it'll be like Rainbow Cruise a bit, but get faster after every trip around.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ That's possible, but if it picked up speed every "turn," then that would take the fun out of the stage, right? (Kind of like Big Blue... >> )

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• ^ Saw it just a second ago. Looks sweet. :D

I wonder if other "major" characters will have their intros this way...? That may explain Zero-Suit Samus's picture a long while back, when they first introduced this adventure mode (also had the picture of Pit with the goddess, an Arwing being shot at by the Halberd, and Link and Yoshi persuing the Halberd).

Quote from Muigi

• I wonder if other "major" characters will have their intros this way...? That may explain Zero-Suit Samus's picture a long while back, when they first introduced this adventure mode (also had the picture of Pit with the goddess, an Arwing being shot at by the Halberd, and Link and Yoshi persuing the Halberd).

This just proves to me that not everyone's story is gonna be the same. Here's what I think some stories are:

Fox and Samus: A bounty must've been placed on Meta Knight and now they're trying to beat each other to the punch. They may not know what's going on at the moment.

Bowser: He sees the Subspace Army as a threat to his evil look, so he goes to take them down personally and prove he's the baddest of the bad.

Wario: Fame and fortune. Need I say more?

Link: Zelda must've been captured by Petey to trigger his appearance, so now he ventures to resque Zelda.

Yoshi: Possibly involving a baby Yoshi or something being kidnapped.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Today's update: More special moves???

<Diddy Kong: Special Moves>

Standard B: Peanut Popgun -- Hold B to increase its speed... but don't hold it for too long, or the popgun just may bust! Also, when the shell cracks open, you can eat the peanut inside to gain some health back!

Up B: Rocketbarrel Boost -- Charge it up before you use it, and you'll get more of a boost! You can even tilt the control stick to choose your direction. However...

If you're attacked, you'll lose your barrels... and they can sometimes go flying away on their own!

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• Today's update: A Newcomer. Or an old Newcomer. Whichever you prefer.

<Meta Knight>

"It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason." Yeah. Nice one, Sakurai.

Sakurai got one thing right: That cape and sword combo DO excude coolness.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• About freakin time they showed Meta Knight. I was getting sick of people saying he was an unlockable. It won't be long before we start seeing Snake in screenshots now, course I don't doubt he'll be unlockable.

I like how he says that he's Kirby's rival with a question mark. A clue that may lead to the inclusion of King Dedede, Kirby's real rival and his version of Bowser.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Ah, ha! Another double update!

They updated with Pokemon Stadium 2, which transforms into 4 types. Electric, ground, flying, and ice.

Also, they updated with Mario's specials. This one was the biggest shocker, as they changed his down special from the Mario Tornado to using FLUDD. While he still does the Mario Tornado, it appears it's now a normal attack instead of being a special move.

DISCUSS!

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Surely. But since I can only post 4 images (stupid rules), I'll show the ones that caught my interest.

The ground stage. He look, it's Dugtrio and Cubone!

The flying stage makes everyone jump AS HIGH AS THE SKY!!!1!1
    Also, Skarmory flies through.

And here's Mario's new down b:

Spray them down with some water from FLUDD! Be sure to hold B to charge it up! Don't forget to aim!

It doesn't do damage, but it sure does send them away. But whatever happened to the Mario Tornado?

It's obvious he still has it, but it's apparently now a normal A attack.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• The Pokemon Stadium 2 stage is looking nice...
    Wait... He said in today's post that "guests" would be appearing in the background of the stages, correct? Have you noticed he hasn't shown the Electric battlefield yet? Could it be possible... that Pichu is the "guest" for that stage, which is why it hasn't been revealed yet?
    Just a thought.

I would have never guessed F.L.U.D.D. would make it on here! That gives the Poltergust some chance for Luigi, yes?
    It's going to be interesting using Mario's new Down-B. And I noticed how he used something like his old Down-B from the trailers... At least he kept that. Now Luigi has a chance at being a bit more original in terms of a moveset.

Quote from Muigi

• Woah... Three part update today! All of which is related to...
    MUSIC.

1st update:
    <My Music>

With the "My Music" feature, you can enjoy the music of our many musicians any way you like. Choose freely from our diverse selection of famous songs!

The battle stages of Super Smash Bros. Brawl feature a diverse line-up of game worlds. For example, there are stages based on the Mario universe.

Basically, there is only one song that plays on each stage. But even among the myriad songs of the Mario universe, people probably have different favorites.

Plus, while there may be people who stepped into the Mario universe in the original Nintendo Entertainment System days, surely there are some who first experienced Mario on the Nintendo DS.
    With that in mind, I think it’s a bit of a waste to limit that whole universe to just one song.

So we’ve prepared many songs and will let you choose the likelihood that any given song will be played.

For songs you’re particularly fond of, you can increase the likelihood those songs will appear. Then, when you brawl on that stage, the chance of your preferred songs being played increases.
    Of course, if you want to, you can limit a stage to only one song, or make every song in the game equally likely to appear.

I’ve asked our reputable list of musicians to provide many songs for this particular game. But that’s certainly not because I just wanted to cover all these songs.

I’ve asked them to choose the songs that match their personalities and tastes!
    Here you will find the best of the best—something you can very rarely get a chance to savor.
    If your motivation behind your song selections is simply because you like them, then that’s just fine. Choose your settings as you like.

Just so you know, there may be songs from other games that are left as is, without any new arrangement.

Oh, and by the way, there’s an item in the game called a CD.

Regardless of which mode you’re playing, if you see one of these, be absolutely sure to grab it. If you want to know why, it’s because CDs are the way you add to your music selection.

-With this feature, there'll be no need for custom soundtracks... :D

2nd update:
    <Pokemon: Pokemon Stadium/Evolution>

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/images/sound070907a.swf

NICE theme. I especially like the end... Hardcore. XD

3rd update:
    <Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Main Theme>

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/images/sound070907b.swf

I'm sure you're all familiar with this theme...

Discussion!!

Quote from Muigi