The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Today's update: NAMES.

I've always used my name in Melee, just to rack up points on my scoreboard, but now they have made a reason so you HAVE to use it. Not that I mind. I'd probably stick with the Gamecube controller. I'd try the others out some other day, after all the stages and characters are unlocked.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Gamecube controller or Wii and nunchuck(so used to it now) would be my main. Then I'd use Wii remote on it's side(which I KNOW will have motion sensing of some sort, there isn't enough buttons AND it's been hinted at) sometimes, and I'd probably never use classic(I don't even have a classic controller...yet...it's just a useless controller to me, I don't play the VC games that need it, and the ones that CAN use it either use the gamecube or Wiimote or both controllers better. Yep. I will probably get it just for Brawl though to see how it is, probably'll suck though, I never liekd the design).

• I like this update, as it actually shows what the menu will look. And, from the looks of it, it'll be styled the same as Melee, but with different colors. No arguments coming from this end. I liked Melee's style, so it works for me.

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

CURSE YOU AND YOUR SECRECY!

I'd most likely stick with the GC, as it helped me in many, many sticky situations before in Melee (Getting 1:14 in Super Mario 128 event for example), so I don't see why I should turn my back on it now.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• ^ Woah, I never noticed the Character Selection screen in the b/g. I was too busy looking at the name "Tom" to notice it, I suppose. XD
    I doubt the menu will look entirely like that, though. Since the menu was edited in the background, I'm sure there's more that is missing from the picture.

EDIT: Newest Update: WARIO'S SPECIAL MOVES

<Side Special Move: Wario Chopper>

Where's my hog?! (LOL.)

Yes, the same item we've seen during the first trailer...
    And another familiar move, too...

<Down Special Move: Wario Waft>

In this case, patience truly is a virtue. The longer it's held, the more powerful it becomes. Yes, now this will teach people how to be patient. Hehe.

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

So freakin immature. I mean, a fart move? Come on Nintendo, try making up something I can enjoy without being a 1st grader.

Well Wario is immature as heck and gross. Fart for Wario! (>u<)

Not really. He's a goof and is weird in his own way, but nver like this. Besides, I hate the Warioware games, I don't want the Warioware Wario in brawl. I want the REAL Wario, the one with purple and yellow.

Perhaps he's more mature in the actual gameplay. Right now, they've only introduced SOME of his moves. Can't really assume much off of those, right? It's like saying Zelda's weak because we've only seen pictures of her doing standard moves, or saying that Mario's going to be super-strong just because we've seen him use his Final Smash in the first trailer.
    Pretty much, just be patient with Wario. I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't want to make him look like a total fool. :)

Quote from Muigi

Not really. He's a goof and is weird in his own way, but nver like this. Besides, I hate the Warioware games, I don't want the Warioware Wario in brawl. I want the REAL Wario, the one with purple and yellow.

Quote from TriforceMaster3000

No, I'm not talking about strength or crap. I'm talking the mood of it. A fart move, WTF? That is not funny, not enjoyable, UNLESS you're in first grade or have a very low sense of humor. Case closed.

Funny, you complain about a stupid move in a game that makes Wario seem immature, yet you're the one that's acting immature here. Were you expecting something badass coming from Warioware Wario? I sure as hell wasn't expecting him to use his bike. If you don't want this Wario, tough, just don't play as him then. If we didn't have the Warioware Wario, we'd just have another Mario representative, even though we already have five (Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach). Apparently, judging from your posts, you've never played a Warioware game at all, have you? Wario is always random in those kinds of games, so this only suits him better at being as random as he is in the world of Warioware.

You wanna complain about something, go to Telma's Bar and do it, not here. Got it?

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Just to start up rumors... I've heard from fellow forums that Sakurai will be releasing the entire Character Roster before the game's initial release (supposedly a new character every week since Zelda's entrance). It was from one of his translated journal entries.
    As of now, I can't find the topic... I'll post the info whenever I can, though.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Muigi

Funny, you complain about a stupid move in a game that makes Wario seem immature, yet you're the one that's acting immature here. Were you expecting something badass coming from Warioware Wario? I sure as hell wasn't expecting him to use his bike. If you don't want this Wario, tough, just don't play as him then. If we didn't have the Warioware Wario, we'd just have another Mario representative, even though we already have five (Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach). Apparently, judging from your posts, you've never played a Warioware game at all, have you? Wario is always random in those kinds of games, so this only suits him better at being as random as he is in the world of Warioware.

You wanna complain about something, go to Telma's Bar and do it, not here. Got it?

Last I checked, I'm merely demonstrating my opinion. It does not make me "immature" to demonstrate a damn opinion. And yes, i have played Warioware, it is random, and not in the good ways. Those games are just...boring to me. I'm just saying a friggin fart move sounds pretty immature to me, he could've had something else completely random that wasn't bodily humor.

• Quote from Steelia

Just to start up rumors... I've heard from fellow forums that Sakurai will be releasing the entire Character Roster before the game's initial release (supposedly a new character every week since Zelda's entrance). It was from one of his translated journal entries.
    As of now, I can't find the topic... I'll post the info whenever I can, though.

Good to hear. If you do find it, let us know.

@TriforceMaster: Lets just drop the subject already. I'd rather not get into a big discussion about a fart move. But, seriously, complain in Telma's Bar if you don't like it. And yes, I may have overreacted on my previous post, and I apologize for that. No, I'm not quitting the argument, I'm ending it before it gets out of hand.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from Muigi

Good to hear. If you do find it, let us know.

Well, you'll be happy to know I found the info... Eheh... *trails off*

----

So. The person who translated is named SAMURAIPANDA, and he is from the Nintendo Forums. Just to give credit.

SAMURAIPANDA wrote:
    #251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back."

More or less, this is an indirect confirmation of new characters going to be introduced in Brawl.
    But knowing that sly dog Sakurai, by "New" probably means Peach, or something.

Personally, I can't wait for a post about Bowser.

Quote from Muigi

• Assist Trophy

Indeed... I saw those earlier, and at first I thought it was a grand idea. (This is probably one of my new favorite posts, since Zelda's introduction and Groudon in the Pokeball.)
    ...But then, I thought that perhaps this is an easy way to sneak out characters from the Smash roster. If before we thought the roster would be huge, this definately, definately cuts it down.

Hammer Bro: One of the Assist Trophy's summonables.
    Don't bother fighting against these guys -- they're invincible! Just run away!

It's not that I'm on bad terms with this... It's just that this gives characters, like Geno, Diddy Kong, even Ridley or Midna or King Dedede, less of a chance to be seen on the actual Brawling floor. Instead, they'll be introduced as cameos and nothing more... which is better than nothing, I suppose. (As for Pokemon, they've got the Pokeballs.)

Nintendog was actually an Assist Trophy item!

I really don't know what to think on this just yet, until I see some other character faces for this... Samurai Goro was a fan-favorite of many F-Zero fans for Brawl, and seeing him as this Assist Trophy kind of makes me lose hope for any of my favorite characters to make it in.

Samurai Goro: Another Assist Trophy summonable.

Thoughts?

Quote from Muigi

• These can be, like, pokeballs, but Nintendo version, with Nintendo characters. I can see what they mean by most are invincible. Like, in melee, a lot of pokemon you couldn't attack, if you touched them you'd get hurt, but then there's stuff like Chansey that you can attack and knock away. See, just like Nintendo character pokeballs, basically.

This can also pave the path for future smash fighters in future games, like, some stuff that are just Assists in this game can become full fledged fighters in the next.

Yes, this is one of the best updates yet. These will unlock more possibilities I'm sure of.