The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Yeah, it's just my opinion he doesn't belong. He does bring something cool, and that's 3rd party support to SSB series. Other than that, I just don't think he belongs is all. He doesn't fit, like...the "Nintendo" bill, he doesn't have the characteristics for this type of game. I mean, stuff like Snake, Master Chief, James Bond, etc. do not fit, imo. Things like Sonic, Ratchet, Spyro, etc. would fit the bill. I'm talking basic characteristics and game type is all. This is all my opinion, like I said.

I heard this once, people not thinking Snake was a good idea... But then, why does no one have any troubles with Captain Falcon, if he's just about the same as Snake (just Nintendo created)? (...Just that C. Falcon was introduced in the original Smash Bros., and given "powers," something I doubt Snake will inherit.)

As for Pokemon, it's Nintendo's second biggest selling fanchise (next to Mario)... Why wouldn't they have a decent roster? 5 or 6 sounds reasonable enough (more than likely five, if you ax Pichu from the list; Jigglypuff's going to be back, as Sakurai once stated some time ago that the entire original roster will be returning).
    I'm hoping to see Deoxys and Lucario make the cut, and have Mewtwo return with a STRONGER moveset. He can keep the old one; just make him stronger, jeez!
    IF the list turns out that way, with Pikachu and Jiggs being definites, then Mewtwo returning (as he's one of the staple Pokemon since the 1st gen), Deoxys could represent 3rd... and Lucario 4th. Some people are wanting to see Meowth, too. Personally, I don't know if I could stand him taking the spot of a more decent fighter. He barely fights on the show, for that matter... Meh.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Steelia

(more than likely five, if you ax Pichu from the list; Jigglypuff's going to be back, as Sakurai once stated some time ago that the entire original roster will be returning).

Wrong. He said that some people from the last game would not be returning.

Wrong. He said that some people from the last game would not be returning.

Sorry, stated that wrong.
    By "original roster," I meant the Super Smash Bros. roster -- consisting of the first 12 original Smashers.

Believe me, I know of Sakurai's statement of "Not all characters from Melee will be returning." I fear for the Doc... He was my favorite. :(
    Ah... well... I heard there are supposed to be alternate costumes. Perhaps he'll be an Assist Trophy, if not an Alt. Costume...? Only time will tell.

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I can already tell that lesser known fighters, like Ice Climbers and maybe Mr. G&W(even though he was amazing) will not be returning, probably. And a lot of fighters look like they are being updated in looks, so some may be replaced by newer forms, so like, Zelda and Link have newer forms, I can Ganondorf being either TP or TWW form(I can bet you it will be TP, but I would rather see TWW =P), and if Young Link comes back, I bet he'll be updated to cel-shaded form. Stuff like that. I'm hoping we'll see more transformations as well, like, we already have Samus into Zero suit, and hopefully Sheik will return, and then I'd like to see stuff like Ganondorf transforming into Ganon, Link could transform into Wolf Link, etc. but don't give us anything broken. I actually hope Giga Bowser will NOT be playable, because if he is, he would be a broken and way overused character.

I can already tell that lesser known fighters, like Ice Climbers and maybe Mr. G&W(even though he was amazing) will not be returning, probably. And a lot of fighters look like they are being updated in looks, so some may be replaced by newer forms, so like, Zelda and Link have newer forms, I can Ganondorf being either TP or TWW form(I can bet you it will be TP, but I would rather see TWW =P), and if Young Link comes back, I bet he'll be updated to cel-shaded form. Stuff like that. I'm hoping we'll see more transformations as well, like, we already have Samus into Zero suit, and hopefully Sheik will return, and then I'd like to see stuff like Ganondorf transforming into Ganon, Link could transform into Wolf Link, etc. but don't give us anything broken. I actually hope Giga Bowser will NOT be playable, because if he is, he would be a broken and way overused character.

Actually... on a poll, held a while back before the Smash Bros. Dojo updated its look, Ice Climbers was the most requested character to return. Quite something, really.
    As for Game 'n Watch, good chance he won't be returning... even if he was a unique, frame-by-frame character.

And for Giga Bowser... I REALLY hope he makes a comeback, definately as a boss. I wouldn't mind him being playable, really. I've been fortunate enough to play him myself. He's actually very easy to knockback (it's just that when you fight him in Adventure Mode, his Stats are raised tremendously to make him appear harder). And, he's such a huge target that he gets in the way of things.... His moves are slow, but when they land they pack a punch. However, he's not the best at countering.
    Basically, the Adventure Mode Giga Bowser was tapped, which was why he was so powerful... but I could agree with what you mean with him being an overused character if he WAS playable. We never know, though. Perhaps he could be "controllable" in any Event Matches (if those come back)...?

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

And for Giga Bowser... I REALLY hope he makes a comeback, definately as a boss. I wouldn't mind him being playable, really.

yeah it would be pretty fun to unlock him

where did giga bowser come from anyway did nintendo just make him up for this game?

• ^ For Melee, I think so. Look at characters like Cackletta from Superstar Saga. She came out of nowhere too, right?

And for today's update... WHOOOOOOOOOAHHHHH!!! I was definately giggling like a little Smash fanboy when I saw today's entry!! (Talk about a wish-come-true.)

<Bowser's Final Smash: GIGA BOWSER TRANSFORMATION>

What?! Bowser's evolving!!

Talk about sinister!! This puts the Melee Giga Bowser to shame!!

Giga Bowser takes the spotlight.

If you thought the previous Giga Bowser was tough, just wait till you fight this one! Tiny attacks won't do anything to his tough hide!

Nice try, small fries.

Unfortunately, Bowser can only stay in his Giga state for so long (maybe as long as a Star?), so you better pick out your opponents fast.

The behemoth continues his unstoppable rampage! Not even a gang attack is enough!

DISCUSSION!! ^o^

Quote from Muigi

• W00T those pics are awesome Steel, Giga Bowser looks more badass than ever. I wish maybe you could play him as a character but sized down a bit to about the normal character height. Maybe include it as one of the Bowser skins like in Melee where you could choose different colors.

• I'm shocked at this update. I never would've thought Giga Bowser would be considered a Final Smash. Makes me wonder who the new suprise boss could be.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from mortuaries

would be fun to see a new edition to master hand :]

What, like a new body part?

Master Foot?
    Master Head?
    Master Butt?

What else could they add? XD

Quote from The Shoutbox

• dawh hahah :):)

i think they should have a female version with long sharp nails ^o^

master foot could be interesting

i think they'll probably have giga giga bowser as the boss XD

• If Bowser could transform into Giga Bowser as his Final Smash... could it be possible for Ganondorf (when he makes it into Brawl -- we all know they're not scrapping him :P ) could have the Final Smash... of Ganon?

Varies with the version: If it's Ocarina of Time Ganondorf, he could transform into GANON with the two swords...
    However, if he's Twilight Princess Ganondorf (more likely, as so far Zelda and Link are wearing their outfits from Twilight), he could transform into DARK BEAST GANON, the form that runs on four legs...
    Either way, it would be amazing to see Ganon and Giga Bowser duking it out on stage!.... although it's highly unlikey there'd be two Final Smash Orbs out at nearly the same time.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

Either way, it would be amazing to see Ganon and Giga Bowser duking it out on stage!.... although it's highly unlikey there'd be two Final Smash Orbs out at nearly the same time.

That would be epic.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Meh, today's updated are crap we already know...the smash attacks...

Only good I see out of this article is it shows you how to do them on not just a GCN controller. Still no mention of motion based stuff of the Wiimote though.

• Update for today: Smash Attacks 101.

Just one of four Smash Attacks that all characters in the game can use. This one is the Forward Smash.

Here's how you would use it on all four controllers.

I should have seen this one coming... Ah, well, it's been a good haul of a week so far. Now back to the quieter updates, I suppose. Though today's update DOES show how to use the attacks on all four controllers... that's what instruction manuals that come with the game are made for, right?

Quote from Muigi