The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Smash mode has returned!! ^-^

You mean Break the Targets is back, right? xD

Yes, it seems the Break the Targets mode is making a return with some upgrades, and also, there's a new feature that lets you record three minute matches and save them onto your Wii or SD card.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Welp, we kept asking, and asking, and we finally see another new character.

Today's update is none other than:

King Dedede

The self-proclaimed king of Dream Land formally joins the brawl! Mechanizing his wooden mallet, he delivers a mighty, earth-shaking blow!

He joins as a member of the heavyweight class alongside Bowser and Donkey Kong. Can he defeat Kirby?!

Being Kirby's version of Bowser, I can pretty much say that he'll share some of Kirby's moves, like being able to suck people up, but, instead of taking their power, he'll spit them right out, kind of like a throw.

Here's a bit of background info for those who aren't familiar with him. King Dedede is basically Kirby's main rival, since Meta Knight goes by his own rules and usually doesn't bother Kirby unless he needs to. King Dedede isn't actually evil, but he's more of a major asshole since he keeps picking on everyone who lives in Dream Land by either stealing their food or making them dreamless by building a castle ontop of the Fountain of Dreams. The only reason he gets away with these things is because he rules over Dream Land, seeing as he's the king of it all.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• I have this idea that an enemy from every series will be put in the game and will be a character. At least to face in The Subspace Emissary.

Predictions for those remaining:

Zelda: Ganondorf
    Pokemon: Mewtwo
    The above two seem likely because they were already characters. I expect every veteran fighter to be back, to be honest.

Metroid: Dark Samus
    Probably because she's the antagonist in Corruption. Not sure though, could quite possibly be Ridley.

DK: King K. Rool
    Yeah he probably will be in Brawl just because DK has to have an enemy XD

Star Fox: Wolf
    Yeah probably Wolf because Andross would be way too big... and he's an Assist Trophy already.

Fire Emblem: The Black Knight
    Ike, being from Path of Radiance, would likely have his rival, The Black Knight in the game, because mixing games wouldn't make much sense.

Sonic: None
    I don't think Sonic will have an extra character, but he might face himself as Shadow because I've seen a Shadow costume on Sonic.

The other ones I can't really tell or are already confirmed.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• I bet a Million Pesos that Ganondorf will be in there.

I don't know much about Fire Emblem...

For Sonic, Knuckles might be in there, I guess...

I think Dark Samus will be in there also...

Screw D.K. ^_^

Put falco back o_O I want to kick his ass agian.

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• lol king dedede

Metroid: Dark Samus
    Probably because she's the antagonist in Corruption. Not sure though, could quite possibly be Ridley.

DK: King K. Rool
    Yeah he probably will be in Brawl just because DK has to have an enemy XD

Fire Emblem: The Black Knight
    Ike, being from Path of Radiance, would likely have his rival, The Black Knight in the game, because mixing games wouldn't make much sense.

I don't think fire emblem is going to have any more characters. And if they do, they may go gameboy character. King K Rool doesn't seem likely either with Diddny Kong being in it and Bowser being DK's enemy in brawl (Damn Bananas!) I also think that Dark Samus is going to be a costume just like Link has a Dark Link costume

East side love is living on the west end.

In Soumasian: M?verik Ari?n

• Double post FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Today's update: STAGE BUILDER

Those who enjoy a little effort may be able to enjoy this stage builder for the rest of their lives.

First, start from the initialize setting.

You start by choosing the size of the stage, the background pattern, and the music that will play. Oops! Sorry. For music, you?ll only be able to choose from the songs you have available.

This is the edit screen!

Basically, you choose parts from the palette on the side and place them in the field.

The controls vary by controller, but each one can do the following:

* Flip parts left to right
    * Enlarge or shrink parts
    * Zoom in or out on the screen
    * Swap palettes
    * Erase

...Among other things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can save a name and comments for the stage, as well.

You can change the music on the save screen. Choose something that matches the mood of your stage.

And I?m happy that this is compatible with SD cards. You don?t have to worry about size, so make as many stages as you like.

Also, if you?ve finished registering someone as both a Wii Friend and a Smash friend, you?ll be able to send custom stages to each other.

Now, for those who hate putting effort into such things, we?ve also prepared something you can enjoy as well.

"Submit" ...?

That?s right! You can use your Wi-Fi connection to send stages you?ve made to Nintendo! (However, you can?t submit repeatedly. Maybe just once per day?)

And a stage selected from the entire daily collection will be sent from Nintendo to your Wii. A stage made by someone else will come to you over the Internet once per day!

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! That?s the shocking truth. This means you?ll be able to experience a new stage every day?the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It?s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.

You can submit in both the Snapshots mode and the Stage Builder mode, allowing everyone to enjoy the creations of others. The fun of sharing is one of the ways that I wanted to take advantage of Wi-Fi for something other than pure battling.

Today?s stage has lots of traps...

This is our ideal current plan. We still don?t know the exact service period. And future tuning may result in changes to the spec.

But for now, please look forward to it!

...............................I think I just cried a bit from joy.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Today's update: The return of Classic mode

This is the classic single-player mode—hence the name, Classic.

In this mode, you try to clear each stage as you go.

Choose your favorite character and a difficulty level, then start the match!

Fight whoever appears!

The world you fight in is pretty much determined based on stage number. Stage 1 is based on The Legend of Zelda. Stage 3 is based on Pokémon. And each time, the characters are chosen randomly.

You’ll also find the status of enemies and rules of the match vary slightly to include things like Giant matches, Metal matches, and Team battles.

Heart icons indicate your allies.

You cleared the stage!

So... You just keep playing until you reach the end. Easy to understand, right?

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

This one is significant, because it shows how Stock Matches will look now.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Very stupid update but well sakurai has to keep us informed until february 10XD!

Actually, it proved to us that stock matches have a new look and that, coincidentaly, Master Hand is also back. So, it technically isn't useless, but you can't expect all updates to be epic.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• DAMN IT! They always put Link first! Its pissing me off! D=<

I just had the best idea for brawl ever. I was playin MM...

PUT THE FIERCE DEITY IN BRAWL

Dude, that would be so awsome. I noticed that he is slightly slower and less evading then Link, but does more dammage. Whos with me?

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~