Leafeon and Glaceon

• So as of the Fourth Generation, two new Eevee evolutions were added in.

Leafeon リーフィア

470.gif

Glaceon グレイシア

latest?cb=20140315220617

To be honest I never really enjoyed Glaceon's addition to the Fouth generation as there were plenty other ice types with double types, such as Weavile. As far as that goes, I preferred Leafeon mostly because of it's Leaf Blade attack it learns around lvl 65.

As far as that goes.. what do you guys think?

• It personally depends on who I need added to my team. If I need a killing machine good against Dragons and Cynthia's Garchomp, I would pick Glaceon. Other than that, I would pick Leafeon.

Yea I definately agree with that, Cynthia's Garchomp is a butt to defeat. However, it's extremely weak against Leafeon. In fact, you can take her Garchomp out with on hit if you use Growth twice and then use a Leaf Blade.

• Yea I definately agree with that, Cynthia's Garchomp is a butt to defeat. However, it's extremely weak against Leafeon. In fact, you can take her Garchomp out with on hit if you use Growth twice and then use a Leaf Blade.

That may be true. However, Glaceon has a gigantic type advantage due to Garchomp being a Ground/Dragon type, which Ice is super-effective against both. Add that in with a STAB attack and Garchomp is screwed.

*insert something witty here*

• That may be true. However, Glaceon has a gigantic type advantage due to Garchomp being a Ground/Dragon type, which Ice is super-effective against both. Add that in with a STAB attack and Garchomp is screwed.

Then again, Garchomp being a Ground type, it's specific weakness being Grass. It does x4 damage for Grass type moves and if the user is a grass type it's another x2. So x8 damage.

• nah dragon resists grass so grass is neutral on garchomp, you just get the stab.

Interesting you said that... because I did a lets play of Pokémon Platnium... and while using Leafeon and her Leaf Blade it played the Super Effective sound.. Hrrm... maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Yep, Cressel you're right. Pardon my mistake.

"Defensively, Dragon types have resistances to Electric, Grass, Water and Fire. However, many fully-evolved Dragon-type Pokémon have a double weakness to Ice-type moves, due to their secondary types.Dragon is the only type resistant to all types of starter Pokémon, including Electric." -Bulbapedia

• I just know I'd like to make an all eevee team now. Just to see how far it could take me.

Same but the typing and stats don't match a lot.
    For example Flareon is Fire so that's a great offensive type, but it's speed is terrible so anything quick gets rid of it.

it's a bummer.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s