Navi

• This makes me mad, everyone always says "Navi was annoying" She isn't. She barely evers says "Hey Listen" And when she does its best to listen so that you can know what to do. In fact she's probably one of the most helpful characters ever.

• Agreed. I mean, at least compare Navi to Tatl. Tatl was an annoying brat who if I had full control of the game, would stabbed that fairy right through my sword and roasted the sword over a fire. Aaah, nothing like roasted fairy on a sword...

But seriously. First off, the hey, listen, hey listen, watch out shit, yes, it is annoying. As is every other cheesy voices in the game. Especially in OoT and MM, I thought Link's voice for when he grunts and shouts when he attacks, gets hurt, falls, etc. was pathetic, and anything, more annoying than Navi. At least Navi HAD a voice. With Tatl, you get some bell piece of shit.

Not to mention, if you compare their types of enemy descriptions, this is what you get. First, let's do Navi, this is just an example.

Navi on enemy 1: That's an enemy 1. It will try to lure you to it and attack with it's claws. If you try and attack, it will defend itself with it's claws! Try and use your z targeting and your shielding to take it off guard, then move in for the strike!

Tatl on enemy 1: What? You seriously want to know about enemy 1? Like you don't know already? Whatever. It's supposed to be really bad and stuff. You can fight it if you want, but don't come crying to me if you get hurt.

WTF??? Fuck that. Bring my Navi back. Screw Tatl. How can people complain about Navi, when you have this bs you have to deal with from Tatl? What, do people hate advice nowadays now too? Jesus Christ...

• Exactly

But seriously. First off, the hey, listen, hey listen, watch out s***, yes, it is annoying. As is every other cheesy voices in the game. Especially in OoT and MM, I thought Link's voice for when he grunts and shouts when he attacks, gets hurt, falls, etc. was pathetic, and anything, more annoying than Navi. At least Navi HAD a voice. With Tatl, you get some bell piece of s***.

yes, but its quiet when she says all that, and she only does it every once and a while, and you can control if you want to talk to her. and Tatl

"HURRY WE ONLY HAVE X AMOUNT OF HOURS LEFT!"

• Yeah, that too. Navi you can choose to talk to. And if you're so pissy to where you want to complain about c-up blinking, then leave the area, and it stops. Tatl would just say a load of shit sometimes with no control, actually I can recall her text boxes blocking views of what I was looking at a couple times and me messing up a couple times.

• The only reason people think the fairy is annoying is cause they've beaten the game 50000.4 times. It gets annoying when she takes 2 minutes explaining what the action button does.

Edit: TM3000 what you said about tatl make me want to make a parody of MM! XD

Formerly known as Spiff

• She doesn't take 2 minutes, it's just dumb people who need to learn to read. And beating a game 50000 times shows you have no freakin life. Tatl never explained anything, she was useless, just a pointless storyline figure. Navi was a good storyline figure and helped you. I can bet if you didn't have Navi, a lot of people who first played OoT wouldn't know what to do. And don't anyone say "But I beaten the game without ever using Navi." No, you're lying to yourself if you even say that.

• myself ive never really had any use ever from any of the 'sidekicks'

whenever ive actualy needed help they only give limited information that i already know such as

" hey this wont open " well duh ..

" you need to find a way of opening it " thanks for the help :)

Anyway about Navi..

She talks a lot at first, especially in the deku tree but thats just a general tutorial of playing the game at first right

When you get into the game properly Navi would speak like once after every temple
    Besides most of the time you had an option to speak to her or not by pressing ^ C

You didnt have this option with Midna..

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Yeah, Midna was kind of dumb in tut giving. However, she was a GREAT storyline character.

The stone from TWW you used to talk to Tetra and KoRL was also helpful at times...

And at one point she left you to die...

• Navi and the helper characters should definitely be there. I wouldn't have been able to kill half the enemies in OoT without Navi, or in MM, Tatl.

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Exactly how would you target them without your sidekicks? There a bitgger help then people credit them for.

• Quote from zeypher

Navi was awesome, i dont really see why people didn't like her...

Yeah. If anyone thinks she is annoying, then how about this?

HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK! HEY! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! LOOK!

How is that? to prove my point, she is only trying to help the hero of time so nothing bad happens to hyrule :P

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• Quote from Shrukan

^ In parts she was annoying, in parts she was helpful. But Navi is more annoying than helpful, if you played OoT over 10 times, like me.

Ive played OoT about 30 times XD That is correct, but think if you were link, and the rule applied that even though that your z-targeting, multiples can still attack you, unlike the game, so IRL, she would be more helpful XD did you read that link I posted eariler on?

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• Quote from Shrukan

^ In parts she was annoying, in parts she was helpful. But Navi is more annoying than helpful, if you played OoT over 10 times, like me.

ive played OoT like a million times. Keyword=PLAYED lol do you mean beaten? Because played isnt a haed feat jk

anyway i found navi virtually helpless, especially while fighting ganondorf.

• Quote from zeypher

ive played OoT like a million times. Keyword=PLAYED lol do you mean beaten? Because played isnt a haed feat jk

anyway i found navi virtually helpless, especially while fighting ganondorf.

Of course, she cant help you! sorta... well, at least she points out where you can play the scarecrow song! XD

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• She was good for many things. Topic locked. Because she was great.

• Hms, hey, listen! I got something to tell you. Navi is annoying, Navi is annoying, and Navi is annoying! I hate how she repeats the same thing over and over again. The hey listen I hate a lot too. I just wish I could snap her in half.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.