Homer simpson offends pagans

• The people at Fox painted a giant Homer Simpson next to the Cerne Abbas giant - a 180ft 17th century fertility symbol carved in the hillside above Cerne Abbas - to promote the new Simpsons movie. Apparently this pissed off the people at The Pagan Federation, and their district manager said:

?It?s very disrespectful and not at all aesthetically pleasing. We were hoping for some dry weather but I think I have changed my mind. We?ll be doing some rain magic to bring the rain and wash it away. I?m amazed they got permission to do something so ridiculous. It?s an area of scientific interest.?

(from geekologie.com, the winningest website on earth)

( ̄へ ̄)( ̄_ ̄)( ̄- ̄)( ̄o ̄) ( ̄^ ̄)

Credits to Midna for my sig <3

• Why does Homer Simpson offend Pagans? I don't understand. I don't see why he would, Homer hates going to church and even quit in one episode.

As much as I hate persecution of the Pagans, I cannot understand why they would hate Homer as to wash him away.

btw Simpsons pwn ^^

I'm psychic. When you see "-*-" my powers activate.

• Quote from Wild Cucco

As much as I hate persecution of the Pagans, I cannot understand why they would hate Homer as to wash him away.

Its like spray painting homer trying to steal a donut from jesus on a church.

would you like it if some idiot spray painted homer on your religions holy place?

( ̄へ ̄)( ̄_ ̄)( ̄- ̄)( ̄o ̄) ( ̄^ ̄)

Credits to Midna for my sig <3

• Quote from Vaati

Its like spray painting homer trying to steal a donut from jesus on a church.

would you like it if some idiot spray painted homer on your religions holy place?

Oh i see. but still i dont see why they would get mad at the simpsons for that.

• They're not particularly mad at the Simpsons themselves, but at the fact that Homer was drawn next to something they render holy. It could have been any other character or figure, and they still would have been offended.

But my pig can tell the future!

I was a mod for one day and all I got was this lousy signature! :D
    (no I'm not mad at anyone please don't accuse me of it plzkthxbai D:)

• Quote from HGuardian

They're not particularly mad at the Simpsons themselves, but at the fact that Homer was drawn next to something they render holy. It could have been any other character or figure, and they still would have been offended.

Qft.

(Quoted for truth)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Oh i see... but still homer offends everyone, so is it a big surprise?

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Oh i see... but still homer offends everyone, so is it a big surprise?

It's insulting only because it's on their holy territory. If it was graffitied onto a regular building in a city then it would be a different scenario.

I am a huge Soldat fan.