World of Warcraft

• Official Post

Fess up. Who among you played it, who among you still plays it?

I was big into WoW from early BC-mid Wrath. I returned to the game for the end of wrath, and about halfway through Cataclysm. I haven't played for some time now, but my main is a Human Warlock on Silver Hand.

• Official Post

I tried it briefly with a Werewolf. I got bored of it straight away.
    I think I didn't give it enough time and I was not used enough to the keyboard controls. I am still not used to them but I am more used to the idea now.

• Official Post

I tried it briefly with a Werewolf. I got bored of it straight away.
    I think I didn't give it enough time and I was not used enough to the keyboard controls. I am still not used to them but I am more used to the idea now.

In my most humble opinion, the game had already started to go seriously downhill by the time the werewolves were added. And the werewolf starting area was so fucking boring.

WoW did grab me right away when I started playing. I ended up staying awake all night to play. But I wasn't really hooked until about level 50 when I really started making a lot of friends in the game. Some of my best friendships from those years have really stuck with me.

I am in recovery, have been for almost a decade. Never looked back.

Stupid addiction.

Did it hit you that hard?

• But I wasn't really hooked until about level 50 when I really started making a lot of friends in the game. Some of my best friendships from those years have really stuck with me.

I think playing it with online friends is probably the real appeal. I didn't go on parties so pretty much became too repetitive too soon.

• Official Post

It's really true. Blizzard isn't running a game, quite so much as they're running a $15/month friendship service. The amount of hours I logged in that game just sitting around doing nothing while I chatted with my friends are countless.

Of course, the downside is that most of the connections I made through the game never successfully made the leap outside the game. When we played together for hours every day, it never seemed relevant to trade email addresses or social media connections. So most of those friendships have been lost. Though I did meet my girlfriend in Stormwind City, and now we live together. So there's that.

• Though I did meet my girlfriend in Stormwind City, and now we live together. So there's that.

Fucking. Awesome.

Did it hit you that hard?

Not as dramatically as I put it there. I was pretty addicted to it for about a year though. Kept coming back to it just before Pandaria came out. I just can't justify the subscription fee any more.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• I've personally kinda accepted that I'll never be "done" with WoW. It'll always rotate its way back into my life. But all my old friends have either stopped playing, or moved to other servers. It's funny, actually, because I tend to follow a predictable pattern.

1. Start listening to the many WoW soundtracks, because they're fucking great music.
    2. Start to feel nostalgic.
    3. Wrestle with my feelings for weeks before resubbing.
    4. It takes roughly 5 minutes after resubbing for me to be riding my mount around Stormwind / Elwynn at random, not really sure what to do now that I'm back.

The last time I actually got to max level was Cataclysm. I played for a few months on the tail end of Pandaria, but never hit 90. And as good as I hear WoD is, I somehow doubt I'll play it at all.