• Official Post

I don't know if it has really come up yet, but I play a lot of D&D. Like, a lot. Like, I've written hundreds of thousands of words worth of D&D blogging + book writing, and many of my friends are published D&D writers. The game is kind of a big deal in my life.

Anyway, I just finished playing as a Poet for the first time:

http://goblinpunch.blogspot.com/2015/07/new-cl…toryteller.html

The class is fucking phenomenal. Mechanically it's fascinating and unique. I love the idea of a character having a memorized book to draw on. And the method of spell preparation being tied to significant events in the poet's adventuring was really fun for me to play around with. But my favorite part of playing the class was that it gave me an excuse to constantly interrupt the game with bad poetry.

I had six different poetry websites open in my browser, and I kept making up weird little rhymes for everything we encountered. It was glorious.

Good fucking times.

• Official Post

Sounds like a class I wouldn't be able to make it justice - then again I don't role play so I must be pretty bad in any role that requires a witty nature, haha.

Sounds pretty fun. I hope you kept record of some of those poems.

• Official Post

I probably should write them down. A lot of them are just cheap rhyming couplets. Stuff like "For your deeds I'll see you dead / we'll split our body from your head!" or "Go now, to your burial mound. / From here on out, our company shall be less round." (That second one was after the spherical wizard died).

Everything else was ripped off google.