Possibly the weirdest blog comment I ever got

• I was going through some old things, and I found something too amusing not to share.

Back in 2008 I was a young philosophy major who wrote a lot of silly little treatises. I confess that most of my writing was self important and I look back on it with some embarrassment, but it wasn't particularly abysmal. (For that, see my Xanga journal circa 2003-2004).

Anyway, at one point I wrote a piece where I argued that armchair philosophy was useless, and that any meaningful discussion of philosophy had to be rooted in life experience, and frequent discussion of philosophy with the type of person who isn't usually given to discussing philosophy.

Out of nowhere, I received this. (Spread across 3 comments from the same person):

Hello,

I do not think that to smoke pipe is wise a lot of philosophers have been against this (clarity of mind). Otherwise I think there is a hierarchy for philosophers and that great philosophers are creators. To be a full philosopher you have to go from the creation of matter (sciences) to the functioning of humanity (politics). The best thing is to create a new system which brings to new theories in sciences and then to find a new kind of political constitution (passing through inonvating in psychology and backing moral with personal experiences). I know it is possible because I have done it (so no excuses, like there is too much to learn). Good luck.

Faithfully
    What I write is in order to help you, and I can add that you should not take drugs, alcohol, and for sex it is better to wait until you have finished your reflections (it helps to separate the spirit from the senses).

I did forget that you do not need to be mad, and that it seems to be better not to be so (relatively to the message before, wise sex is in order to do babies).

:!: Ask me about the D&D books I've published.