Internet apparent 'shortage of time'

• Playing MS has made me realize how much people use 1337 and just shortened up words to make things 'faster' and 'easier'. Its apparent to me that our age of 'civilized' cultures are becoming lazy in a way. Its just waking the person up inside of me saying 'Why is this guy talking like this? How does he get along with everyone else while looking like an idiot in progress?'. The way they speek makes them look like idiots. And worse of all, they don't all do it ingame, but in real life and in our forums too. Thats just alittle too far, believe it or not. People get bad grades in english class just because they do this : 'my summr vacation is wonderful b/c i went 2 hawai 2 c my father'. (pardon my french, but I just made something up quickly) I'm starting to realize that Internet is bad for some people. Thoughts?

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• The internet isn't bad for some people, it's just that people should know when to draw the line between internet communication and that of real life...In reality, one doesn't go up to another and say "Gday Joe, WU?" and he won't reply "N2M U? Btw I'm gonna go 2 lnch @ 4 this aftrnoon...r u busy?" No, in real life we use actual grammar and sentance structure...

I know that in school parents requested short, one paragraph writing assignments per week back in 6th grade to make sure kids distinguished between real world conversation and MSN.

Untitled-2.jpg

• I agree, but we have no choice in interperation between 'to' and '2' because they sound exaticialy the same. (not that we didn't know that) But this is leading into schools, and believe me, I have proof. The gullable 9th grader will follow on from his/her text messages into their writing assignments. Its pitifull to watch them, really.

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• Once they realize no one will take them seriously when they talk like that, they'll change. I've seen it happen on a few forums. But using internet slang in real life, I've never seen anyone do that here.

Quote from Tywar

The gullable 9th grader will follow on from his/her text messages into their writing assignments.

You're joking, riiiight..?

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• What's even worse is the ideology that the internet is also a means for using this type of communication. I, for one, never improperly utilize grammar except for the occasional lol or g2g on MSN or forums. Otherwise, I tend to assert myself properly so people can understand what I am attempting to communicate. Everyone else should try this, too - I automatically respect someone more if they have even a very basic understanding of English grammar rather than someone who uses lots of "..........."s or "u"s or any other shortcuts. Internet or not, this type of communication is simply asinine.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• I agree, i've seen my friends Language Arts Paper it had:2,plz,thx,r u goin 2 ze prty? And it was going to the teacher.
    If poeple didn't use 1337 on the internet than they wouldn't use it in real life stuations.
    In fact if we remove 1337 totally 1/2 of all words typed on the internet would Disappear.

If you want this type of sig go to:

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• I agree, i've seen my friends Language Arts Paper it had:2,plz,thx,r u goin 2 ze prty? And it was going to the teacher.
    If poeple didn't use 1337 on the internet than they wouldn't use it in real life stuations.
    In fact if we remove 1337 totally 1/2 of all words typed on the internet would Disappear.

1337 isn't the problem, because 1337 is different than internet shortcuts. They can be used simultaneously, however...

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• I have yet to see anyone at my school dumb enough to turn in a paper in 1337 speak or something similar. Usually all the kids are writing "correctly" or are learning how to, as in the case of my English 10 class.

No. I have yet to speak 1337 in real life, even on paper. Of course the occasional 2 comes out of no where only when I mean the number two (usually I erase it and then put the word down for proper English).

• I have yet to see anyone at my school dumb enough to turn in a paper in 1337 speak or something similar. Usually all the kids are writing "correctly" or are learning how to, as in the case of my English 10 class.

No. I have yet to speak 1337 in real life, even on paper. Of course the occasional 2 comes out of no where only when I mean the number two (usually I erase it and then put the word down for proper English).

@Beta: No kidding.

Well, Shrukan, people are smarter at wherever the hell you live. On the other hand, people are so dumb, here in Arkansas, as to get in a fight and get sent to Jail; traspass, steal; and lie. Nonetheless, write correctly on a grammur test >.>

B> mith & adim ore @@@@@@@@@@@@ ch15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ Idiot talk.

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• The "1337" talk if you ask me is more of a phase than anything. I used to talk like that when I first started using the computer because I was bad at typing and it was easier for me. Most of the people I know that use that the 1337 are younger, or like they once were at typing, poor and texting.

East side love is living on the west end.

In Soumasian: M?verik Ari?n