Why do people prefer OoT?

• I've been thinking about something lately... Why do people prefer OoT over Twilight Princess? I found myself doing it as well. Until I looked at the facts that is.

People often complain about Twilight Princess. Complaints like "I didn't like the wolf version of Link!" and "There isn't enough character development". For some reason people also seem to prefer OoT's storyline. But isn't Twilight Princess' storyline much greater? It's so much more interesting than the regular "Zelda gets kidnapped again, oh joy...". It's a lot darker, much like Majora's Mask. Then again, most people preferred OoT over that game as well.

Now, about the wolf thing. Link changed into a rabbit in A Link to the Past. Isn't that much worse? :P Link changes into different forms and stuff all the time. Except for OoT of course, meh.

Twilight Princess is much like the 'modern' version of OoT. That makes me wonder about something... If Twilight Princess is nearly the same as OoT, only greater. How can people hate Twilight Princess, without hating OoT? It's odd, isn't it. It's almost as if people want to complain about something. Some people didn't like Wind Waker because it was too kiddy. Nintendo changed it back to a darker tone, and people still aren't satisfied.

Of course there's one factor that plays an even greater role. It's called 'nostalgia'. A lot of people grew up with OoT, myself included. I also noticed something: People who first played Twilight Princess often like that game more than OoT. So, why do they prefer TP? It's simple really. It's their first Zelda game. Much like us OoT folks :wink:

If people can't let go of the past they'll always keep complaining that OoT was the better game. OoT is over 10 years old now. I think it's about time we let go of the past, and start playing new games :wink:

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• Twilight Princess was much too short for my taste. In my case, it being my first Zelda game also makes a big difference. In fact, it was the first game I had ever played. I played Majora's Mask another time, it was much too gloomy for my taste, and in my opinion, I don't like it when Link changes forms. Giving me yet another reason to like OoT more than the other Zelda games. Twilight Princess, they spent too much time on the graphics. I, myself, liked the graphics better in OoT. I like that kind of look. Twilight Princess looks a little too realistic.

The dungeons, they weren't that great in my opinion. Once again, the water-related dungeon is the hardest for me. The dungeon in the mansion on top of Snowpeak. There weren't a lot of Side Quests that were actually a bit possible to beat in there either. Also, there weren't many optional weapons in the game. Like in OoT, you don't even need the Fire Arrows or Ice Arrows. The Poe Side Quest was helluva hard Side Quest. It took me at LEAST 24 hours to collect them all. It took me 15 hours with a walkthrough. So I just said screw the Poe Collecting. I didn't like the Cave of Ordeals much either. You couldn't complete it until you practically completed the game. The bug collecting Side Quest. It was SORT of necessary since you needed a larger wallet later on, but that's not too easy either. Going around searching for a little bitty Golden Bug. There were quite a few of them, 24 if I remember correctly. I don't know how long it took me to do that either, because I never even completed it WITH a walkthrough's help. In Ocarina of Time. There weren't too many Side Quests that I couldn't complete. And I loved the way the temples were layed out.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• Your posts are always so much longer than my wimpy posts. =P
    Anyways, the million dollar question.
    I find myself in a never ending battle between OoT vs MM vs TP. For a span of time I'll find myself saying OoT is the best, and then later it will be MM, and then finally I'll be saying TP is the greatest zelda ever made. I can't really explain my feelings for any of these. They're all magnificent games.
    Today's a new day, and a new mood swing! I'll side with Beta and say it's not time to nessisarely let go of Ocarina of Time, but look to Twilight Princess and the Zelda future.

East side love is living on the west end.

In Soumasian: M?verik Ari?n

• Letting go of the past is like letting go very close friends, or memories you never wnat to forget. OoT will always be with us, and who knows, when it does fade from memory, some little boy will go into his parents attic and find a nintendo 64 and OoT. Though TP, was (God, am I really gonna say this) more epic and darker then OoT...it didn't have the Zelda feelings..it didn't for me anyway.

I'm just saying, OoT will be hard to let go and forget.

But damn I say it..I agree with you Beta....only not on the TP thing. =P

• I think people prefer OoT because it was iconic. It was the first 3D game in the series, and it truly was a masterpiece. The sheer scale of the adventure remians to this day impressive, and the overall feeling of it cannot be replicated. Ever.
    Now, I think TP is an equal, if not better game. The story and narrative of it was stunning, the graphics and artistic direction was amazing. The game and story, on a whole, was amazing.
    But the feel of OoT will never be replicated. It cant be. Thats why, no matter how great the Zelda games get, people will always compare them to OoT. OoT is the definative Zelda game and for many of us, it was our first experiance of Zelda. I know that personally I hold every Zelda game that has come out since to it.B-)

• I think people prefer OoT because it was iconic. It was the first 3D game in the series, and it truly was a masterpiece. The sheer scale of the adventure remians to this day impressive, and the overall feeling of it cannot be replicated. Ever.
    Now, I think TP is an equal, if not better game. The story and narrative of it was stunning, the graphics and artistic direction was amazing. The game and story, on a whole, was amazing.
    But the feel of OoT will never be replicated. It cant be. Thats why, no matter how great the Zelda games get, people will always compare them to OoT. OoT is the definative Zelda game and for many of us, it was our first experiance of Zelda. I know that personally I hold every Zelda game that has come out since to it.B-)

Quoted for the truth.

It 'twas a "mile stone", you see, for all of us adventerous Zelda fans. Not only did three demitional graphics open the door for an awsome game, it also opened the door to other awsome games and bigger surroundings. This was the "Big Bang" that got all the game creators hyped up to make other kickass games. So therefore, OoT deserves all our greates attention. But the reason why I like the game is that it was the second Zelda game that I played. Little did I know that I was playing Link's Awakening on my brother's gameboy a long time ago. I was however affraid of playing OoT, but growed to learn it's every curve and entanglement. This was also the door to my gamming life. Hail Ocarina of Time!

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~