Breath of the Wild 2 Predictions

• Alright guys, here's your chance to theorize and record your predictions what you think it is going to happen. I know it can be fun already talking about what is going to happen. So feel free to start the bingo cards and your over analysis.

Will the game take place underground?

Is it in Hyrule or somewhere else?

Is the corpse of the trailer Ganondorf? Demise? something else...

The hand of green light is it an ally or an enemy? If an ally is it independent or does Link controls it?

• This is what I wanted it to be.

The corpse that is featured in the trailer is the reincarnation of the "Ganondorf"/Demise intended for the Breath of The Wild timeline. (The one I'm using to support this notion is the curse that Demise put in for the descendants of Link and Zelda)

That entity never wanted violence at all. And because of this, the curse that Demise has put in is actually having some conflicts with the ideology of that entity. As a result, the pure malice and hatred became Calamity Ganon. I also think that this is not the first time it happened since there was a tale 10,000 ago where Calamity Ganon also appeared.

What happened during the era of BOTW, is that maybe this entity knew about the possible catastrophe this might entail, so he seeked the Royal Family for help. They agreed to seal him in the basement of the Hyrule Castle just so they can monitor it closely.

During this time, I think is where this whole Yiga Clan thing was also formed because of the technological advancements the Sheikahs are actually getting. And somewhere along the way, they want to teach them a lesson. Now that's when they remembered about that sealed entity in the basement of the Castle.

The Idea they have is that, if the Calamity Ganon were to awaken and takeover the tech that the Sheikahs developed, they might stop continuing further with this. It may also result to the extinction of the clan, which will render the tech more of a relic of the past.

That may also be the reason why Ganon had some Sheikah tech in his boss fights. Maybe the Yigas took the blueprints to help aid Calamity Ganon with this plan.

As for the green energy on the trailer, that's where I come empty handed. I don't have amything where I could tie that up.

Anyways, that's my scenario on what I think it should be. And if this were to happen, BOTW 2's placement will be at the very end of the timeline as it will be the part where the cycle of Demise's curse ends, and all Zelda Games moving forward will be placed before BOTW.

• I definitely would love to see more proper incorporation on the lore the have been adding to the series.

Skyward Sword brought a lot to the table, including the origin of cycle. Even before the game came out, if I recall correctly, we already had the notion that Ganondorf was the human Gerudo while Ganon was more of an instinctive force. When in the linked ending of the Oracle games

Display Spoiler

Twinrova revived Ganon it was incomplete so it was just a destructive force.

Then in A Link Between World's, felt kind of similar with

Display Spoiler

the villain trying to fuse with Ganon

The Windwaker game was where we saw a relatable explanation for Ganondorf desire to conquer Hyrule. It doesn't make him a good man, just human. The kind of envy of seeing others hover effortlessly through life while you struggle at every step. In the events of OoT he wanted to conquer and own the blessed land, I don't think so much to help his people but because he felt entitled to it. He deserved it better than the actual owners and residents.That entity never wanted violence at all. And because of this, the curse that Demise has put in is actually having some conflicts with the ideology of that entity.

Ganondorf doesn't strike me as one to shy away from violence, but I think it would be conflict about the total deduction that the curse of demise potently wishes to inflict versus the desire to conquer the land in its blessed state. I think it's the Demise curse corruption what makes Ganon remains to be so destructive.

As a result, the pure malice and hatred became Calamity Ganon

Agree with you there one Hindi percent.

What happened during the era of BOTW, is that maybe this entity knew about the possible catastrophe this might entail, so he seeked the Royal Family for help. They agreed to seal him in the basement of the Hyrule Castle just so they can monitor it closely.

Oooh, that would be quite interesting. The human side of it deciding to swallow pride and go to their sworn enemies would speak volumes of the magnitude of the calamity about to befall for him to still choose to do this.

During this time, I think is where this whole Yiga Clan thing was also formed because of the technological advancements the Sheikahs are actually getting. And somewhere along the way, they want to teach them a lesson. Now that's when they remembered about that sealed entity in the basement of the Castle.

The Idea they have is that, if the Calamity Ganon were to awaken and takeover the tech that the Sheikahs developed, they might stop continuing further with this. It may also result to the extinction of the clan, which will render the tech more of a relic of the past.

That may also be the reason why Ganon had some Sheikah tech in his boss fights. Maybe the Yigas took the blueprints to help aid Calamity Ganon with this plan.

I don't know how old is the Yiga Clan, but I can see dissent on how they are the ones developing this technology and yet being under the thumb of the Royal family being something that would keep rubbing off the wrong way to some of the proud Sheikh, combine that with theories about the Royal Family not being too kind to them in the past.

I don't know if the negative energy of the dissenting members that turned traitorous was the fuel that allow for Calamity Ganon to overtake the technology, or if there was something more to it, but the idea of them sabotaging to benefit Ganon doesn't sound bad. Ganon has had in the past deals with mediators like Agahnim and Ganondorf persuaded the fake Twilight King, so that sort of manipulation towards the most resentful Sheikh members sounds pretty likely. Heck, seeing it that way, maybe the same individual was the push for the creation of the Yiga Clan. I think that it was only after they were discovered and expelled that they came together as the Yiga Clan.

Quote from "Ryder-Oz

As for the green energy on the trailer, that's where I come empty handed. I don't have amything where I could tie that up.

It seems to have to do with Link, so if the entity seeked the Royal Family with the idea of the future, maybe just like how they device the way the towers and shrines could help the Hero if things go wrong, someone from then also created this as a purification method or something that is triggered in the events of BotW2.

Anyways, that's my scenario on what I think it should be. And if this were to happen, BOTW 2's placement will be at the very end of the timeline as it will be the part where the cycle of Demise's curse ends, and all Zelda Games moving forward will be placed before BOTW.

I think I already shared on stream some thoughts I had on the placement of the timeline, haha. If you're correct, that'd be pretty interesting to create the end of the timelines, but that'd also make me uneasy about if the are not feeling confident in keeping the franchise going so they wanted to tie what they could.

Man, we can have a field with a topic just to discuss this.

I think they're gonna lean hard on the weapon degradation system. Each weapon will only be able to hit monsters 2-4 times before breaking.

Haha. That sounds extremely frustrating. You'd have to make sure you got more than one weapon for any fight just in case. I bet the inventory capacity will remain just as limited too. This will make it feel more difficult.