• I think he's serious. Unless you mean that his age shouldn't be an impediment. :lol:

Oh, yeah. This reminds me. I saw this video on another forum and reminded me of this thread:

How Would You Feel If Your Son Chose This?

Good parenting?

• So much freedom................................................................................................................................................or is it?.................................................

Well, its good to have freedom and choose the life you want to have but don't take the decition in that time.

• So much freedom................................................................................................................................................or is it?.................................................

Well, its good to have freedom and choose the life you want to have but don't take the decition in that time.

It is an interesting point. Following this video was a response by a guy named "Joshua", Mikki, the guy on this video tried to contact him to have a friendly conversation but they were intercepted to settle things through a TV show. They agreed to go. Unfortunately things were overwhelmingly one sided. I don't know much of either of them out of the two videos. While I don't agree with many things the Joshua says in the original video and in the show itself, I think he raised some valid points of concern that were drown into the "Booo, it's just a doll" even though he repeat at least twice his issue wasn't so much with the doll itself but the mentality of just passively give the control to the child to make decisions.

No extreme is good. Having an helicopter parenting not letting you do things you want to try because of the off chance you you might scrape your knee is hindering for the child development. But so it is never stepping in to set parameters of what is and isn't allowed. It is great there is a talk of acceptance and let the kids express themselves, however, where do you draw the line? Because kids won't just do good things, they will also be in contact with bad influences, with bad ideas and you need to be there to explain to them things. You have to be alert for the negative, poisoning concepts and coping mechanisms like bullying and discrimination.

Toys are toys... But what if the kid wants to get something inappropriate for their age? Parents buying for example M rated games for the kids.

I don't mind boys playing with girls toys. I grew up doing that. I don't really like the segmentation on toys based on your genitalia. Like I said in another community. if I had kids I'd love to bake muffins with them and then go out and play soccer together. Having fun, learning positive skills and trying to be the parent when I need to step in.