Do you own an ebook reader?

• I have never owned one. I have been curious for years.
    Now that they have become more affordable I might get buying one at some point but for now all my book reading is through normal paper.
    I think one of the things that stops me is that if I can't get the copies of certain books I really love on it, it becomes a big demotivator for me, but those books are old some I do't even had them in their original language so I don't know if they have the same title or who the author was. Like chasing smoke.

• I have never owned one. I don't think that I will buy one either as personally I prefer to be able to hold my books and read them. Don't like the feeling of having to hold one small thing for all my books

AL-banner468.png

Websites, Blogs, Forums & Content Creation

Need help with a project? I'm available to hire for a multitude of services including website design, setup & management, social media management and content creation. More information: Aakash Pereira - Personal Portfolio

• ebook reader?
    I have never really heard of it.
    I thought of calibre for a moment but after reading your post...I guess..i realized that's not what you are referring to :^o^:
    Anyway, nope. I never really owned such a device.

An ebook reader is like a tablet that has a special type of screen and can be used for reading ebooks (books in electronic format) anywhere, even in the sunlight. It would be impossible to read on a tablet in the sunlight because their screen are backlit and you can't see anything on them. eBook readers don't have that many other functionalities though. You can't use an eBook reader to run apps and listen to music, like you can do with a tablet.

• I'm a big fan. Much as I enjoy the feel of physically holding a book, eReaders are a game changer. I love mine. They allow authors to self publish their work and actually get it to the masses. Plus, you can usually get the eBook version a whole lot cheaper. And for folms who don't like clutter, it helps a ton. Plus the battery lofe is outta this world on my kindle.

My only complaint is that they're fragile. I broke my screen on my first one, and I've been afraid to take my new one out of the house until I can get a case for it.

It will never replace printed books. But it certainly makes your life easier if you're big into reading, or are an indie author.

• I did have an old 2nd gen Kindle, the one with a keyboard. It broke after about two years, and I bought a Kindle Keyboard 3rd gen used. Then I lost that one rushing to switch trains, and I've been without one since.

I really liked having one, but I'm not a fan of flimsy products made to last until the next launch. I've ended up getting most of my books used or from the library instead. I might grab a new reader if I find a used one dirt cheap though.