What imagery frightens you?

• I can have a sensitive disposition when it comes to suffering. Creepy suspense films used to freak me out, like The Ring (American version), although if I saw something like that now I'm not sure if it would work. But ideas of suffering seem to work their way into my compulsive and overly vivid imagination. Like in Gears of War and the wife who's been locked in a torture chamber for over a decade. In real life, working in an advanced dementia nursing home got to me for the same reason. Most people just see a vegetable on a bed minding his/her own business. But not me, oh no, I'm busy imagining all the horrible experiences that they're unable to communicate. There was one lady who had a stroke and, whilst maintaining all her consciousness, lost all muscular control and became bedbound. She can't communicate other than vague vocal 'ahhs'. Over years of muscular spasms, her feet have bent themselves forward and downwards. Once, before I worked there, she broke one of the metatarsals in her foot through bad handling. It wasn't noticed until half-way through the next morning's body wash because, well, she moans all night and all day anyway.

So after working a year and a half there, The Ring can go fuck itself.

• I can have a sensitive disposition when it comes to suffering. Creepy suspense films used to freak me out, like The Ring (American version), although if I saw something like that now I'm not sure if it would work. But ideas of suffering seem to work their way into my compulsive and overly vivid imagination. Like in Gears of War and the wife who's been locked in a torture chamber for over a decade. In real life, working in an advanced dementia nursing home got to me for the same reason. Most people just see a vegetable on a bed minding his/her own business. But not me, oh no, I'm busy imagining all the horrible experiences that they're unable to communicate. There was one lady who had a stroke and, whilst maintaining all her consciousness, lost all muscular control and became bedbound. She can't communicate other than vague vocal 'ahhs'. Over years of muscular spasms, her feet have bent themselves forward and downwards. Once, before I worked there, she broke one of the metatarsals in her foot through bad handling. It wasn't noticed until half-way through the next morning's body wash because, well, she moans all night and all day anyway.

So after working a year and a half there, The Ring can go fuck itself.

Now this is the imagery taht will haunt me tonight. I've never worked or volunteered in a place like that but I feel like I wouldn't be able to take very long. My imagination runs wild before I notice it. Just reading about this lady makes me feel bad for her. That of her foot, sounds really, really bad. :(