Album of Curiosity

• The goal of this thread is to start with a topic, and then to follow your curiosity and ask strange new questions.

If you want to tackle any question in the thread, you can post your own thoughts. Otherwise you can post new questions. You are extremely welcome to go off-topic, so long as your curiosity was set off by this thread.

I wonder what we all wonder about.

Example:
    Post 1: I have this theory about Game of Thrones. One of the dragons is actually the reincarnation of a past king. What if this will turn into a plot device in the next books? Does that make sense to anyone?

Post 2: I have been wondering about reincarnation a lot. I guess if we could find a soul, then perhaps we could track it. It doesn't seem likely really. What exactly is this thing we call a soul?

Post 3: I'm more interested in consciousness. Speaking of which, are the dragons in GoT really conscious? Like, do they have a theory of mind, do you guys think? Tbh, I think that dragon reincarnation thing seems like a really long shot. My guess is that the strongest dragon will eat the other two, and then Daenerys will roast it on a fire and eat it.

• I can start with something that interests me. They say the agricultural revolution was about 10,000 years ago, and before that there was a cultural explosion around 40,000 years ago. At that time, we might have shared land with the Neanderthals and other human (sub)species.

What was it like to be a human, or a distant relative of modern humans, 40,000 years ago? We probably had very similar brains, so was culture the only difference? Was life very boring, did we sing songs and tell stories to make it more interesting? And then what was it like to live in the time of change, when culture was really starting to take hold? If I had a time machine, seeing this would be one of my first choices.

• Speaking of Agricultural revolution I wonder how come we decided that plucking rice was a good idea. How come they decided to cook it?Even if they were passing everything through fire and sound out, the idea of manually doing that sounds like counter intuitive specially with bigger fruit bearing plants and trees an other seeds already ready to consumption.

For old humans, don't think they had a boring life, even if with our hindsight can think it could be. I guess the closest we can have is what we know from other tribes that are alive today. I like to imagine that singing, telling stories was part of their lives. It really is interesting to think about the changes. I guess it happened little by little and took several generations. Maybe a family found a good area to stay and stopped walking around, then they found that certain seeds from an old fruit made a tree grow. perhaps other families started going through the same things until the knowledge became a common thing. I am specially interested in the shift from communal into private property.

sig.gifDQkD2XN.png