• I think the switch wasn't made to replace the Wii U or 3DS. But I guarantee it will both.

The only problem I foresee is that it doesnt have any real optical drive so people will get mad about it not playing music and movies.

I bet the Switch will come out in 16gb, 32gb and 64gb sizes. And it will not have a hard drive it will be MicroSD. For the first 9 months there will be no way to upgrade to 128gb or further.

We have read that Gamecube games are going to be on the Switch VC so I hope they allow you to download your digital WiiU non VC purchases on there. (ie WW HD, TP HD)
    I bet when the Switch comes out if you get one early enough they will allow you to have a third nnid tied account

3DS
    Wii U
    Switch

If you get a switch after say 8 months one of the older two will only allow you to transfer account and you will lose the license rights to games on that device.

• Quite interesting theories there, I agree with some point and other are things I'd like to happen but I am not confident that will be the case. haha.

s

I think the switch wasn't made to replace the Wii U or 3DS. But I guarantee it will both.

That's what I've heard around. Even if it doesn't happen immediately the 3DS era will most likely end as the company focus more on the switch even for the on-the-go titles.

The only problem I foresee is that it doesn't have any real optical drive so people will get mad about it not playing music and movies.

Nothing new with Nintendo. :.__.:

I bet the Switch will come out in 16gb, 32gb and 64gb sizes. And it will not have a hard drive it will be MicroSD. For the first 9 months, there will be no way to upgrade to 128gb or further.

I don't think Nintendo is the type to offer different hard disk sizes, I think it is more likely they will choose a size and that'd be the one for sale. I think it is more likely an SD or micro SD serves as extra space than the console not having a hard drive space at all.

We have read that Gamecube games are going to be on the Switch VC so I hope they allow you to download your digital WiiU non VC purchases on there. (ie WW HD, TP HD)

I so want this. It is ridiculous we have to buy for each VC shop, but thanks to the NNID I want to think the switch will be able to offer us to re-download previous purchases. At the very least I am rooting for that to be the case.

I bet when the Switch comes out if you get one early enough they will allow you to have a third nnid tied account

3DS
    Wii U
    Switch

If you get a switch after say 8 months one of the older two will only allow you to transfer account and you will lose the license rights to games on that device.

I think it will allow the tie, just how we can tie to Miitomo and stuff. I don't see why they would lock you into do it within the year or else. I think they just will allow you to tie the switch to your account and and then in a few years the WiiU / 3DS accounts will be discarded as the servers become offline.

• I do not think the servers will ever go offline for them fully. I can still download my purchases on my Wii, I can even download new purchases on it. Servers for communications yes.

I own Every Zelda from the EShop on my 3ds and Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, TCG, Omega Sapphire, Sun and Moon. I will be a little irritated if I cant download it in the future lol.

• I do not think the servers will ever go offline for them fully. I can still download my purchases on my Wii, I can even download new purchases on it. Servers for communications yes.

Those are good news for me. I haven't tried to redownload Rygar or other Wii purchases since I transferred the system.
    Probably like you say they will keep the Wii U and 3DS e-shop up for a good while because: moooney!

I've got my digitally almost every Zelda game I could except for the Zelda 3D remakes OoT and MM (I was gifted the physical copy of MM 3D). I even have the ambassador ones. <3
    I definitely would feel really sad if there is no way to transfer them or re-download for the switch. I am also concerned that Nintendo's approach might be, if you bought this title on the 3DS/Wii U you might buy it in our switch eShop for a discounted price. Not sure if I like that, although having the game available might be better than nothing even if I have to pay again or it.