Ballad of the Champions Discussion Thread

• How satisfied are you with the 2nd DLC for BotW? 3

1. It was way better than expected. (1) 33%
    2. It was exactly what I was hoping for. (0) 0%
    3. It was okay. (2) 67%
    4. Missed opportunity (0) 0%
    5. I feel scammed... (0) 0%

In order to make it easier to talk freely about the second DLC while keeping the spoilers contained, I have created this thread.

So, how are you doing with it?
    Have you finished it yet?
    What are you liking and what do you think could have been done better?

• I'm obsessed with Breath of the Wild so I didn't have a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't like The Champions Ballad, however I do want them to continue making DLC for the game. The Champions Ballad was incredible in the sense that it allowed for further development of the Champions (Urbosa is high key the greatest Champion and lowkey one of my new favorite Zelda characters) but there are so many other ideas and elements that can be further introduced. Anouma brought this up briefly too in a recent Podcast with Nintendo Power. He talked about how although it may appear as if Nintendo was cutting further DLC for Breath of the Wild, he still had many ideas for future DLC and was hoping to pitch them to the dev team. I'm pretty sure at this point it just comes down to whether or not we want it. Do we think right now that further DLC is needed? Would it be too large a step and be harmful for BOTW's legacy? (The Master Cycle Zero was a little shaky for people at first but as far as I can tell its been received pretty well.) I'm really not sure. I do desperately want some further explanation as to what the three Guardian Spirits are though (Dragons Dinraal, Naydra, and Farosh) as Anouma hinted at them being the actual Golden Goddesses in the Nintendo Power interview. He essentially said that they wanted to implement Dragons because in Japanese culture the dragon is viewed as the embodiment of a god. I kind of freaked out haha.

• Awesome to have you around, @Kolle as we surely can do with more fans like you that love to discuss the saga.

I haven't finished the second DLC but anything expanding on the original champions is good news for me. I really want to know more about them.

Do we think right now that further DLC is needed? Would it be too large a step and be harmful for BOTW's legacy? (The Master Cycle Zero was a little shaky for people at first but as far as I can tell its been received pretty well.) I'm really not sure. I do desperately want some further explanation as to what the three Guardian Spirits are though (Dragons Dinraal, Naydra, and Farosh) as Anouma hinted at them being the actual Golden Goddesses in the Nintendo Power interview. He essentially said that they wanted to implement Dragons because in Japanese culture the dragon is viewed as the embodiment of a god. I kind of freaked out haha.

THis bit is really interesting. While I wouldn't take it as being the actual 3 Godesses I imagine they would have some conection and more information on this would be really good.
    Regarding your questions while I don't think it is needed, further DLC would be welcome by me, but it has to offer substancial content.

• Official Post

Kolle I sure hope Nintendo doesn't try to gouge us for a Year 2 Expansion Pass.......I really hate crap like that. Lol. I hope they honor the BotW and add more stuff. I would love to see a couple of dungeons added.

• Official Post

*Makes a cross sign with her fingers* Oh, heck, no.
    I mean, I have been okay with the available DLC but with the loot-box in disguise that were added to pocket camp I am afraid they will try to see if they can pull crap like that in their biggest selling stuff. I hope anything new added to BotW if it comes, will be good and definitely worth the price. At least so far has been dungeon like stuff and rewards for taking the effort, rather than just alternate skins and that is. So long it add to the experience.

To be honest, I'd be more concerned just how complete will be their next iteration. I don't want to have an incomplete game or ending where I need to buy the DLC for the 'whole experience' kind of crap, buuuuut, I am really jumping the gun before time here about that.

• Official Post

I am still haven't finished it. lol

I was just really having a hard time in one of the shrines. Thankfully i am pass that obstacle, but I doubt I'll have much of a chance to sit for BotW this week and the next.

That said looking forward to the new cut-scenes.