• Official Post

I assume all of us have a copy of Hyrule Historia, or at least have seen the Timeline somewhere. If not, here you go:

Hyrule-Historia-Timeline-translated-Graphics1.jpg

Does anyone actually like this timeline?

I'm of a mind that trying to fit all of the games into a single timeline is a bad idea. Some of them have relationships with one another (OoT clearly comes before MM, and WW clearly comes long after OoT) but I don't see any reason to try and force A Link to the Past to exist within the same space time continuum as Skyward Sword.

The games are variations on a theme. They don't need to have narrative connection.

• That third timeline seemed kind of rushed to me. They just threw all the old games there. I don't like that LoZ/AoL is the last indecline. AoL basically was a way to explaining the Princess zelda thing, even with SS big reveal, I think this games should had been a bit above to have Zelda descendants or else it is kind of pointless. I also am not very convinced OoX fits well between aLttP and LA. :XD:

I know the idea of connecting them has been strong with fans since I first joined the forums. It is now very convoluted. you find a certain name or symbol ina game and you don't know if you should take it as a hint of a link between that and another game or simply a nice cameo.

• Official Post

Not to mention the Timeline weirdly recontextualizes A Link to the Past's story.

Supposedly it takes place in a time when Gannon killed Link, and ran amok.

So...why does Hyrule have a normal ruling family in LttP? Why is Gannon only now causing trouble, supposedly long after he won the battle for control of Hyrule?

That shit makes no sense.

• So, as of the currently information we have received. Between the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is where The Legend of Zelda: U will be taking place. At least so we have heard. At this moment in time, I'm thinking adding any more to the timeline is going to cause confusion...