The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• New character. Bowser. Hell yes.

He has a good thing and bad thing about him, in my opinion. The good thing is, it looks like he's been dieting since Melee. Bad thing, the details on his skin makes him look like he's aged decades.

Still, pretty cool.

• ^ I thought the same thing. Makes him look kind of old... but at least he doesn't have that corny Mario Party skin. Ugh. I HATE that goody-goody look for him. No ferocity whatsoever. X_X

NEW CHARACTER: BOWSER, KING OF THE KOOPAS

The biggest and heaviest fighter, the King of the Koopas is back for another round of Melee... or rather, Brawling!

Hopefully this time he's more evened out like the other fighters... I know Sakurai said all the fighters would be "evened" this time... I just worry about Bowser the most. He was one of my favorites, until I finally stopped using him altogether since I would always be thrashed around like the Sandbag.

Boo.

Discussion!

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Well, he was one of my favorites, but there were times when he would get kind of uncontrollable. Like...I can't really explain it. But yeah, I just hope, like you say, he's evened out. Yay for diet. Nay for aging. I hate his skin texture, as I've already said =P

• bowser looks sexy ;D
    im still puzzled to why snake is involved in this game though :'(

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

He should've only aged 6 years, since Melee, he wasn't looking that old =P

Now he looks like it's been 20 years since Melee xD

Big whoop, long as he doesn't look like an old man, I'm fine with his new look.

Quote from mortuaries

im still puzzled to why snake is involved in this game though :'(

Snake was begged to be in the game by Kojima himself. Kojima is the one designing his stage for the game.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

And yeah, I don't think Snake fits the bill for this type of game either O_o

Too bad. Snake's in and another 1 or 2 3rd party people will get in. n_n

Quote from The Shoutbox

I didn't say 3rd parties were bad. I want Sonic in badly, he would fit Smash bros. Snake does not, he's some gun guy. Yeah.

Some guy that'll use rockets, C4s, mines, and other things that explode.

Quote from TriforceMaster3000

And not 2 or 3, they said 1 or 2 :P

Whoops. My bad.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Yeah, it's just my opinion he doesn't belong. He does bring something cool, and that's 3rd party support to SSB series. Other than that, I just don't think he belongs is all. He doesn't fit, like...the "Nintendo" bill, he doesn't have the characteristics for this type of game. I mean, stuff like Snake, Master Chief, James Bond, etc. do not fit, imo. Things like Sonic, Ratchet, Spyro, etc. would fit the bill. I'm talking basic characteristics and game type is all. This is all my opinion, like I said.

• Playable, no. And for the returning ones, all we know ATM is Pikachu. I am betting Mewtwo will be replaced by Deoxys, Jigglypuff will probably still be there, God knows why, and I have a feeling Pichu will get traded as well, for maybe a 4th gen pokemon, and then there will be some other new ones. Just what I predict.

For pokeballs, the ones confirmed are Chikorita, Goldeen, and Groudon. I think that's all so far.

• wow, i can see theyve brought back poke'balls back again then

so much fun n_n

all we know ATM is Pikachu. I am betting Mewtwo will be replaced by Deoxys, Jigglypuff will probably still be there, God knows why, and I have a feeling Pichu will get traded as well, for maybe a 4th gen pokemon, and then there will be some other new ones. Just what I predict.

Couple things:

1. Why would they replace Mewtwo? He was one of the newer characters in Melee that actually had an original moveset.

2. The reason Jiggs stays is because she's been there since the first Smash Bros. No reason to take out the puff daddy.

3. I agree with Pichu getting taken out, but who replaces him, I wouldn't know.

4. I only agree with there being 4 playable Pokemon, including Pika. We don't wanna be invaded by a crapload of other Pokemon that nobody gives a damn about. :P

Quote from The Shoutbox