The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Tomorrow's update: How to turn the game on =)

This is actually an important update, as it lists some of the controls for the game. Be glad we got something than nothing. :\

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from Steelia

Update for today: Smash Attacks 101.

Just one of four Smash Attacks that all characters in the game can use. This one is the Forward Smash.

Here's how you would use it on all four controllers.

I should have seen this one coming... Ah, well, it's been a good haul of a week so far. Now back to the quieter updates, I suppose. Though today's update DOES show how to use the attacks on all four controllers... that's what instruction manuals that come with the game are made for, right?

from showing a GC controller

does this mean its going to feature on the GC too?

• Quote from mortuaries

from showing a GC controller

does this mean its going to feature on the GC too?

No, it means the game will use the GC controller as well as the remote, nunchuck, and classic controllers.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• i thought so :P

was hoping that wouldnt be true :'(

gutted for gc gamers

looking forward to seeing the sonic update though

• Quote from mortuaries

looking forward to seeing the sonic update though

Which probably won't happen for a good while. Or maybe after E3 or something.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Well... being that E3 is right around the corner, this is possibly the best chance for Sakurai to reveal another 3rd party character and surprise audiences worldwide. Not only that, but because E3 is so renouned in the gaming community, it will easily attract E3-goers (and those browsing through the internet, following any *live* coverage) and easily hit a home run in sales come release day.

Yes, of all things, this would be the best chance to advertise Brawl's greatness... Not that it hasn't shown it, we've all seen it already. Just that, if Sonic was revealed as playable, there will definately be more attention on it.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

I doubt it...

If he WILL be announced, which I'm doubting now ever since M&S at the Olympics was announced, they will not do it until probably like, a week before launch or something.

If not a week before, maybe not at all... but then, there's still Sakurai's translated journal entry, stating that all characters would slowly be revealed... a "piece-by-piece" scenario, if you will.
    I almost forgot about M&S at the Olympics. Had that not been shown, would Sonic still have had a shot at being revealed?

Whether or not he's in the game, I'm still looking forward to anything Sakurai has ready to pull out of his goodies bag. Hopefully there's the introduction of a TRUE newcomer, instead of a Veteran when E3 rolls around. Sure, Veteran's aren't all bad... but that doesn't mean we Smash fans aren't looking forward to fresh new faces, too.

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I had a feeling discussion of Sonic would pop up in this topic sooner or later.

I'll quote myself on the subject with what I said over at VGDC about Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games rejecting Sonic's chances.

Quote from Muigi

SEGA of Europe =/= Sora Ltd.

SEGA of Europe has no say in whether Sonic gets into Brawl or not. Why are people still using this as an argument? The game has no relation to Brawl at all, since it's being developed by SEGA of EUROPE. Do you really think someone from Europe is gonna have a say into who Sakurai or Nintendo includes in this game? Hell no. The game is being developed IN JAPAN, so it's SEGA of Japan's decision whether he's in or not.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• That's not the point.

Nintendo and Sega themselves said that Olympics would be the first game ever to have both Mario & Sonic in a game together. If they put him in Brawl, that won't stand. THAT'S why I'm doubting it.

I have a better feeling that Nintendo will put a stupid 3rd party character that doesn't belong (similiar to Snake) in the game rather than Sonic, who does belong...

Nintendo and Sega themselves said that Olympics would be the first game ever to have both Mario & Sonic in a game together. If they put him in Brawl, that won't stand. THAT'S why I'm doubting it.

Do you really think they would say it's the 2ND time they've appeared together in a game?
    That would be a dead giveaway that Sonic's in Brawl, don't you think?

Nintendo's known for keeping quiet about big secrets like this.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Well, enough about Sonic. He can wait for now. Instead, check it out, a TP Level!

With King Bulbin, may I add, where he drops bombs and blows up the bridge every now and again. But Twilight portals bring the bridge back for further brawlation =) (if that's a word >_>)

Pics below:

Boom. Discuss. Now. Or else he'll get you >>>

• An interesting stage... although I'm not sure how much the holes will interfere with combat, at least the bridge will be renewed.
    I've never played Twilight Princess; haven't gotten around to doing so. But if I ever do, I'll definately be looking forward to seeing this place.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

I've never played Twilight Princess; haven't gotten around to doing so. But if I ever do, I'll definately be looking forward to seeing this place.

You ought to, it's a very good Zelda game. Reminded me a lot of OoT.

Anyways,
    *waits for Shrukan's reaction to new Zelda stage*

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Quote from Steelia

An interesting stage... although I'm not sure how much the holes will interfere with combat, at least the bridge will be renewed.

Okay, what the hell. I can understand not being able to play it yet, but... this...?

But if I ever do,

What the hell do you mean if you ever do? No mean to be rude, but, this game has been highly anticipated for years, and when it came out, about 7/8 of the people who played it when it first came out will tell you it met expectations or exceeded. Previous OoT fanboyz have even placed it higher than OoT. And you're telling me you MAY not get to play this? What the hell???

• wow, probably the best stage ive seen so far

it looks amazing. i need a wii >.<

Okay, what the hell. I can understand not being able to play it yet, but... this...?

What the hell do you mean if you ever do? No mean to be rude, but, this game has been highly anticipated for years, and when it came out, about 7/8 of the people who played it when it first came out will tell you it met expectations or exceeded. Previous OoT fanboyz have even placed it higher than OoT. And you're telling me you MAY not get to play this? What the hell???

FYI... I have three other siblings to worry about, so we aren't too big on 1-player games. We try to stick to games with multiplayer, or else chaos will ensue. I'd prefer skipping out the chaos, thanks.

Chill. I didn't say I WASN'T going to play it, right? Believe me, I've wanted to try Twilight Princess for a while now. But, with "things" that have just so recently ceased (and PBR being our newest addiction), TP will just have to sit tight for a while. I'm getting it, though, sometime.
    I may be a Zelda fan, but I'm not a Zelda fanatic. I'm more of a... Smash Bros. fanatic. :P

Quote from Muigi