PSP, good competition? Or a devil's sin? You decide!

• The PSP is.... 0

1. It owns the DS, end of story (0) 0%
    2. Good competition (0) 0%
    3. A complete failure (0) 0%

How are your opinions on this handheld? Do you like it? Or do you think it's a complete failure?

Right, so I own a PSP now since April last year, and I must say that I'm quite happy with it. I use it mostly to listen to music and play homebrew.

I would start playing more real games if there were more strong titles on the market. There currently are some good games (Tekken ^_^), but what I really want to see is some good new original games! Loco Roco is a good example of this, I really enjoyed it because it was like a breath of fresh air.

In my opinion, Sony should stop making PS2 ports and more original games. What's your view on this matter?

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• Good competition but still not as good as the DS for me.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• Its ok, but it doesn't pwn the DS. Neither does the DS pwn the PSP. Both are good in parts, but bad in others.

PSP, I heard, has bad controls, including the little nob at the bottom left. Sometimes controls don't work right, and it gets people angry. However, with it beings able to go onto the internet and play music, its good.

DS, since I own one, is pretty fun and enjoyable. But like the PSP, it's having a lot of old games shoved onto the handhelds. The DS is getting better at using the touch screen, but I seem to have trouble being able to press buttons or actions on my touch screen. Perhaps I'm not pressing it too hard enough?

Well what I say is this:

DS = PSP.

Both have their pros and cons, but they even each other out, giving people a choice between having the internet, or having a touch screen and go wifi.

• The DS was just too good for the psp to beat it in my eyes. Psp wasn't all that good but it still was good competition to me.

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• The DS was just too good for the psp to beat it in my eyes. Psp wasn't all that good but it still was good competition to me.

Have you played the PSP? Or are you just bashing it because you are a Nintendo fan boy?

Look, I'm a Nintendo Fangirl, and I've played the PSP, namely Need for Speed, and its alright. Controls are awkward and graphics are amazing. The DS has some problems as well (as I stated before with the Touch Screen), not to mention problems with some of the controls and camera on the games. Sometimes the games don't respond to you, and I have had that happened to me.

Its safe to assume to me that both are equal, but I'll change my mind if I play the PSP more.

• PSP, I heard, has bad controls, including the little nob at the bottom left. Sometimes controls don't work right, and it gets people angry.

Yeah my analog stick just broke off, and the [] (Square) button is really annoying, it doesn't feel right when you press it, it feels like you're breaking it actually. On top of that, I also got dust under my screen -__-

DS = PSP.

Yes, it's actually one of the more successful handhelds, it can actually survive next to Nintendo (anyone remember the N-Gage? :tingle:).

• Yes I've played the Psp. Not all that wonderful like I thought it would be.

• Yes I've played the Psp. Not all that wonderful like I thought it would be.

The real fun begins when you actually own one.

I still remember that I worked like crazy (stocking shelves =.=) to get enough money to buy one. And the first week I couldn't stop playing with it, I converted movies, played GTA and Burnout, listened to music. I was so happy with it. But after a while I lost interest, no good games were coming out. And the homebrew scene was dying.

But now it seems that Sony has finally answered our prayers and started releasing some new games and accessories. That "Go! Explore" GPS unit seems interesting and could be helpful when I'm finally 18 and am allowed to do a driving exam. Although I can't say I like the PSP Slim, I don't want to buy a new PSP again...

• Eh, psp wasn't good enough for me to own. I already have a bunch of systems. I don't need anymore. I'll wait until I get bored of my sega or super nintendo.

• (anyone remember the N-Gage? :tingle:).

Ahaha yes.

But anyways, I pretty much agree with Shrukan on this one. The DS, in my opinion, has games that are more fun and interesting to play. The touch screen adds new levels of interactivity to the games, and there are games for people of all ages on it. It's been pretty successful so far.

But so has the PSP. With Internet and music/movie playing, it dominates for handheld media playing (in the gaming world, of course. Let's not bring the iPod into this). It's sold plenty, because there are different types of people who like the different types of games on the PSP. Overall, it's pretty good competition as a system, but the games are usually completely different genres.

So yeah. DS = PSP, overall.

But my pig can tell the future!

I was a mod for one day and all I got was this lousy signature! :D
    (no I'm not mad at anyone please don't accuse me of it plzkthxbai D:)

• Hmm... I've never played a PSP, and I have a DS. However, I've SEEN the PSP and what it can do/has done, and I think it is a very nice bit of competition over the DS. Both have their strengths, both have their weaknesses. Yes... I'll just leave it as DS = PSP, in terms of competition.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.