Posts by HGuardian

9/11 was truly a horrible day, and should be remembered with reverence to those who lost their lives and sympathy towards their families.

Unfortunately, when it happened, my school did a poor job of explaining it. I was eight, I think, and I didn't quite understand what was going on. The school even tried to cover it up from us, and banned the use of TV's in all classrooms after a couple of teachers let the students watch it. I mean, I guess they didn't want to frighten us, but they never really explained what happened.

Plus, my school today did a very poor job of remembering it. We had about 15 seconds of silence in my first period, but other than that, no other teacher bothered to even mention it. Lack of respect like that just sort of bothers me. =/

Aaah. Did I have a crazy weekend. :]

Went to an amazing Christian concert at Universal Studios. Rock the Universe. Bands like Skillet, tobyMac, Relient k, and Casting Crowns. Being able to rock out to Skillet live was an incredible thing. They were really awesome, and the drummer even broke her snare drum halfway through the second song. :]

And tobyMac was cool too. We were only able to catch the end of his concert, though. Luckily for us he went a little late. Oh, and we, unfortunately, missed most of Relient k. D: And they're really good too. But we went on the Mummy instead.

Most memorable moment was doing the Electric Slide in the rain outside Islands of Adventure's lockers. Then having a dance off with a friend. Then playing the karate game with my youth group and a bunch of random people (one of whom happened to be at the same hotel as us). It was amaaazing. :]

Thennnn. I come home exhausted from a great weekend, and one of my friends threatened to kill herself. I started crying and freaked out, then called my other friend and opened up to her. By the way, this is the short version. XD Anyway, after like a half hour, my first friend came back online and said she was fine. So my other friend's boyfriend started talking to her to calm her down. Other friend comes back online, but got upset when she found out that I knew she told her boyfriend. She felt like a bad friend, but I had to convince her that it was okay.

Overall, I've had a pretty exhausting weekend. @__@ How 'bout you guys?

Beautiful Disaster- Jon McLaughlin

She swears that there's no difference
    Between the lies and compliments
    It's all the same if everybody leaves her
    And every magazine
    Tells her she's not good enough
    The pictures that she sees make her cry

And she would change everything, everything, just ask her
    Caught in the in between of beautiful disaster
    And she just needs someone to take her home.

So guess what, everyone. That's right, I'm neglecting my homework again. D:

One day, I decided to watch The Phantom of the Opera (<33 that movie X3) instead of doing my homework. Bad decision. Plus, I get the most homework on Wednesday nights, which is my busiest night of the week. My least busy, Thursday, gets absolutely no homework. It's unfortunate. ><

But otherwise, school is going pretty well. The only class I don't have straight 100's in is Biology, because my teacher gives me a packet on the chapter and tests us in a week. Not exactly the best way to teach. But yeah. It's pretty good, and almost all my friends have lunch with me. :D

He knows I'm here, Aden thought to himself, but he doesn't know where I am. If I don't move until the sun's down, I should be fine. He took a deep breath of the cooling twilight air. Although the heat began to leave the air, tension took its place as the young man kicked fiercely at the gate.

Quite a scary child, if you ask me, he thought to himself. Aden considered jumping down to greet him, but disregarded doing so after some thought. His job was not to be seen, and he must carry it out properly. A brief gust of wind whistled through the trees, and the breeze was welcome to Aden's sweaty face. Midnight kept looking around suspiciously, looking for his hunter in as the sun fell under the horizon.

As darkness swept over the forest, Aden leaned back and stretched on the tree limb. Not taking care to see where he was stretching, his arm cracked a branch as he brought it back to his side. Stunned at the sudden noise in the silence, he froze with his arm in midair, awaiting Midnight's next move.

If you live in the U.S., a 14-year-old who has skipped a grade would be in 10th, maybe 11th. Not a senior. ;D

Unless it's different rules in the Water Temple, Dark Link. *points to location*

My Gym Partner's a Monkey fails at life. Along with Squirrel Boy. But Grim Adventures has always been amusing to me. Along with Foster's. XD
    And Camp Lazlo has become my new Spongebob, since season 4 of Spongebob brought in over-animation, bad plotlines, and a change in the way the voice actors speak.

But back on topic, Tak premiered last night, but I missed it. Did anyone catch the episode?

Since before I was born, my parents had a cat. Her name was Kona Bean. For a while, we had her sister, Vanilla Bean, but she'd always run away to a certain house. Eventually we just let her stay there and we were left with Kona.

My brother got a goldfish for completing kindergarten. It came in a bowl, but its instructions told us to move it to a tank within the week. The day we moved it to the tank, it stopped eating. XD

Then my mom spontaneously decided to get us hamsters. We named the boy Sparky and the girl Hamtaro (yes, after the show, and yes, she looked like Hamtaro). Unfortunately, the people working at the pet store couldn't tell us their genders, so we put them in the same cage. Which resulted in many little baby hamsters. Ten, to be exact, and all in the wheel of the cage. It was gross, because the cage needed cleaning that day, and you aren't supposed to touch baby hamsters in their first week or the mom eats them or something. Eventually they grew up and we gave away all but two. They were named Sparky Jr. and Rover. Sparky Jr. died first, and Rover died a few days later. Sparky stayed alive for a few more months, and Hamtaro a few weeks after him.

Then we got a dog named Ed. He came from a lab rescue program, even though it was clear he was not all lab. They told us he was a year old, but the vet told us he was anywhere between four and six years old. His hair turned white within that week. XD
    The cat, upon seeing him, slapped him across the face. From then on, they would have little skirmishes, but nothing more.

One day, Ed was in the yard without a leash, and so was Kona. He started barking at her and chasing her around, but we let it go. At some point the cat jumped onto the fence and then to the neighbor's yard. I was watching Ed, and he somehow jumped the six foot fence in one jump. I yelled to my dad, who didn't believe me at first, and he hopped the fence and tried to stop them. But, unfortunately, he was a little too late. Ed killed the cat. :[

But now we still have Ed, our adorable little quirky dog who likes people more than animals. He's a sweetie, despite killing the cat, and a lazy dog, too. I'll post a picture late. :]