• Official Post

At some point, we became grown ups. Now, instead of complaining about our parents, we've got jobs to complain about.

I'm currently looking for a paycheck job, so I find myself thinking about this subject a lot. Normally I prefer not to think about or talk about work when I'm not at work. But what the hell, right?

What do you do, and how much does it fucking suck?

• Official Post

Food service has always intimidated me, and I've managed to avoid working in a restaurant so far in my life. Sorry you've gotta deal with sexist bullshit, but at least you don't hate your job I suppose.

Are you working on getting a better job, or are you pretty happy where you are?

• Food service has always intimidated me, and I've managed to avoid working in a restaurant so far in my life. Sorry you've gotta deal with sexist bullshit, but at least you don't hate your job I suppose.

Are you working on getting a better job, or are you pretty happy where you are?

I'm doing pretty good for the time being, going to college to start video game developing (n_n)

• Official Post

I've got a buddy who is an alum of digipen, that's a pretty great place to get into video games by all accounts. Though these days he actually spends most of his time on web design and back-end inventory management nonsense.

What aspect of game design do you think you want to pursue? I'm not really well educated on the process. Programming obviously allows you to be the most self sufficient game designer possible, but it's hardly the only route into the field these days.

Any long-term career plans? Companies you want to found or work for, games you want to make?

(Sorry to harass you with questions!)

• Official Post

I am 26, and I went to some college while I was in the army. Studied Criminal Justice Administration.

Anyways I never graduated college BUT on the bright side here is a picture of my son. He is 20 months old (1 year and 8 months)

kjnew.jpg

• (Sorry to harass you with questions!)

I guess I sorta wanna create an MMORPG.. but at the same time I wouldn't mind creating my own Indie game and getting popular like MineCraft or League of Legends... but then again, I rather not go that route... seeing how those games are now today... pitiful...

Anyways, I really would love to work for Nintendo and develop a new Pokémon title or maybe a Zelda title. Maybe I can fix the Whole Zelda U business.

• Official Post

Kids are great. No desire to be responsible for one myself, but they're certainly delightful little creatures. What do you do now that you're out of the army, Link?

@Pikachew

I wouldn't say Minecraft or League of Legends are pitiful these days. Certainly I don't enjoy playing either of them, but neither of them have really strayed from their original vision as far as I can tell. And, of course, there are hundreds of successful indie games that haven't "sold out" the way those two have. =P

• ?

@Pikachew

I wouldn't say Minecraft or League of Legends are pitiful these days. Certainly I don't enjoy playing either of them, but neither of them have really strayed from their original vision as far as I can tell. And, of course, there are hundreds of successful indie games that haven't "sold out" the way those two have. =P

Yea, I agree.. really there's alot of things indie games could provide more these days.

• Yea, I agree.. really there's alot of things indie games could provide more these days.

I don't think I've actually purchased a AAA release since I bought Dishonored back in 2012 or 2013. And while I'm certainly going to be buying Fallout 4 later this year, I've personally found that Indie games are pretty much the only thing I play anymore.

• Official Post

Well my work life is fun. I've made things go sour at my workplace so I don't expect to last very long. :^^U:
    I am currently working as a cook, and I love my coworkers in all my time being there I've seen a lot of people come and go. Some are surprised I am still around the same place.
    Anyway, I am looking for another job at the time. Hospitality is not what iw anted, just where life brought me at the time so i am trying to either enter retail or find an oportunity IT related, develop with time as a painter and sustain myself selling paintings or some freelance work... we'll see. For now is keep moving.

• Official Post

Ugh. I hate being in a position where I've fucked up badly enough at a job that I don't know if I'm gonna be fired. I once made a $500 mistake at my last job, which could have potentially become a $2000 mistake. I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that I'd been in the job for 3 years already, and I had a good relationship with all the upper management.

Good luck finding something a little more fulfilling, Kaynil.

Also, hold the fucking phone, you paint? Why don't we see your paintings? Post your paintings.

• I don't paint, don';t take me seriously. I want to paint. I'd love to kae amazing pieces like my grandmother and father in law makes.
    They have talent. Anyway, I think it would be a kick ass way of producing income, selling paintings. Not that either of my relatives lived from that.

And tahnk you, in my case what I did was basically beinga dick to my boss and whiel I get on with the manager and my co-workers. I am pretty sure my manager won't have me around for long.

• Official Post

The idea that a person should only do art if they're skilled at it is one of the great sins of modern education.

Everyone has an inner self that needs to be expressed. The value of art is not in its technical quality, but in its ability to connect us with one another.

• Official Post

Because your family and friends are dumb.

We've created this ludicrous idea that you should only do a thing if you're good at it. Which is stupid, because the only way to be good at something is to do it. We've taken the idea of "talent," which is at most a head start on becoming good at something, and we've decided that it's the single most important deciding factor in whether you're good at something or not.

But all of that aside, being a great artist doesn't need to be the goal. The goal can be as simple as "I have a feeling or a thought inside of me that I want to get out." And anyone who discourages you from doing that is fucking wrong.