• I don;t have a job yet, but my mom is making me work at Food City once I turn 15 (which is this November). I asked Game Stop what the minimum age requirement is to work there, and they said it was 16, so I may be trying to work there at the end of next year.

*insert something witty here*

• The idea that a person should only do art if they're skilled at it is one of the great sins of modern education.

Everyone has an inner self that needs to be expressed. The value of art is not in its technical quality, but in its ability to connect us with one another.

QFT.

Kaynil, stop being hard on yourself. Art is art. Do it, start painting, even if you think it's poop, paint anyway. Paint 'badly'. Do whatever it is that fulfils you creatively, throw every thought about what people might think away. It's all subjective, the art you create that you may think is bad, someone might just like it. It's very possible. Do it because you enjoy doing it.

If you only have a bit of mud and a stick, you can create art. You actually have the luxury of paints, brushes, canvases and an easel. Try not to think about it too much, and just relax and do.

Can't stand when people restrict or put down people who paint, or sing, or make videos... let's just say express themselves creatively. I've been a victim of that. When I used to busk, a douche bag knocked me down (with words) and it shattered my confidence. I love songwriting and playing guitar/harmonicas. I can't stand singing my songs in front of people though, because of that one prick. It'll take time, and I'm glad I have still have my instruments to play music. Also youtube has given me that creative drive I need.

Anyway, the point is, fuck everyone else, just do what ever gets you through.

... and I work at Target.

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• I don;t have a job yet, but my mom is making me work at Food City once I turn 15 (which is this November). I asked Game Stop what the minimum age requirement is to work there, and they said it was 16, so I may be trying to work there at the end of next year.

Good luck mang. The transition to getting your first job can be a little rough. I hope you don't mind if I offer some unsolicited advice: The system is unfair and it's bullshit. That's a true fact, and it's going to make you angry a lot. But you're ultimately impotent when it comes to acting on that justified anger. So you can either act out in impotent ways (showing up late, slacking off, etc.) which won't make you any happier, won't make you any less angry, and won't change your situation. Or you can be a model fucking employee. Don't kiss anyone's ass, but show up early, work hard, and take initiative. It's still bullshit. But bullshit is easier to deal with when your boss thinks you're a great employee.

Oh, also, here's a secret that took me 10 years in the workforce to learn. There will be a lot of times, in any job, when you don't know what the right choice is. But if you try to figure out what the best option is on your own, and ask your boss/supervisor about it next time you see them, they'll like you more than if you ask them for the solution up front.

It's all bullshit. But eventually we'll overthrow the capitalists and institute a social order made to benefit the proletariat. Until then, we must suffer through together, comrade.

• > A smile grows on Linkskywalker's face as he reads. He leans back in his chair, reaching for a moleskin notebook on a nearby shelf.
    > The cover reads "Friends I can take advantage of." LS flips to a page labeled "Musicians," with no names at all on it.
    > "Sardonic Pickle" LS mutters with a chuckle as he pens the name into the book.

No I don't have a target card. No I don't want a target card.

• > A smile grows on Linkskywalker's face as he reads. He leans back in his chair, reaching for a moleskin notebook on a nearby shelf.
    > The cover reads "Friends I can take advantage of." LS flips to a page labeled "Musicians," with no names at all on it.
    > "Sardonic Pickle" LS mutters with a chuckle as he pens the name into the book.

No I don't have a target card. No I don't want a target card.

Target Australia don't have a card...so you're safe. I will ask if you have any Fly Buys?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

33eii50.jpg

• Official Post

It's a mocking way to refer to someone crying, usually over something stupid. (Baw, your class was nerfed in the latest patch, QQ moar nub). Two Qs next to each other look like a pair of eyes with tears coming down them.

Someday, we'll do away with that sort of reward point nonsense, during the glorious worker's revolution.

• It's a mocking way to refer to someone crying, usually over something stupid. (Baw, your class was nerfed in the latest patch, QQ moar nub). Two Qs next to each other look like a pair of eyes with tears coming down them.

Someday, we'll do away with that sort of reward point nonsense, during the glorious worker's revolution.

Oh I seeeee. Yes all the QQ to the management.

Rewards points are mostly useless.

33eii50.jpg

• Official Post

Just another tool of bourgeois oppression, comrade.

I actually just got a pretty good lead on a job at an oldschool game Arcade. I've got an interview tomorrow. Hopefully I get it, because if I don't start bringing in some money, I'm probably going to have to move. Which would really suck, cuz I like my house.

• Official Post

I actually just got a pretty good lead on a job at an oldschool game Arcade. I've got an interview tomorrow. Hopefully I get it, because if I don't start bringing in some money, I'm probably going to have to move. Which would really suck, cuz I like my house.

Best of luck with that. :)

• Official Post

I got that job, by the by. I'm pretty sure I've said as much elsewhere at this point, but given that this thread ended on Kaynil wishing me luck, it seems only appropriate that I add an update.

I got the job. I did some training yesterday, and I work my first real shift tomorrow. It's a small arcade. My actual job won't be anything too exciting, but the atmosphere is laid back with some opportunity for growth. Here's hoping it's enough to help smooth out some of my financial difficulties.

• I got that job, by the by. I'm pretty sure I've said as much elsewhere at this point, but given that this thread ended on Kaynil wishing me luck, it seems only appropriate that I add an update.

I got the job. I did some training yesterday, and I work my first real shift tomorrow. It's a small arcade. My actual job won't be anything too exciting, but the atmosphere is laid back with some opportunity for growth. Here's hoping it's enough to help smooth out some of my financial difficulties.

Nicely done sir. What are you actually doing at the arcade?

33eii50.jpg

• I suspect that most of my job will be standing around, exchanging bills for quarters, and taking money for food.

I'll be working my first real shift tonight.

I also got an email today about a new writing job. Sort of a freelancer pool. I still need to investigate that one. Hopefully some extra income comes outta that.

• That sucks man; but, QFT. You couldn't have said it any better. I've always enjoyed writing in my aspects and avenues. It's always been an emotional outlet that I couldn't use words verbally to express. I plan to eventually finish my novel, when I'm not continuously being sidetracked or distracted. I swear our attention spans with all of this technology is horrible. I can be focusing on one thing for like 5-10 seconds and then something 'interesting' happens and boom, train of thought gets derailed and I'm left a splutterin'.

Target is a great company, they really do care about their employees and I've always loved the layout of the store.

I presently work as an Alarm Monitor for a gas company, I sit in a chair for 8 hours and monitor alarms. It's a lot like the home security system companies you hear about and see commercials for all the time. 'Cept we're the security company that monitors gas stations of our company, if that makes sense?

• Official Post

It sounds pretty nice. Let us know how was that first serious shift. :)

It was kinda surprising. 20 minutes after I arrived to my first shift, the owner gave me the keys to the place and said he'd be back in 4 hours. I guess he was impressed by my work experience or something, but I was still kinda shocked by the level of trust.

Really though, the shift was pretty dull. There were only about 8 customers the whole time. I cleaned the whole place top-to-bottom, then I just kinda..paced around, waiting for my shift to end. Hopefully business picks up soon or I'm liable to die of boredom.

I presently work as an Alarm Monitor for a gas company, I sit in a chair for 8 hours and monitor alarms. It's a lot like the home security system companies you hear about and see commercials for all the time. 'Cept we're the security company that monitors gas stations of our company, if that makes sense?

I knew a guy who performed monitor checks for the gas company. It's supposed to be a pretty sweet gig, yeah?

• That sucks man; but, QFT. You couldn't have said it any better. I've always enjoyed writing in my aspects and avenues. It's always been an emotional outlet that I couldn't use words verbally to express. I plan to eventually finish my novel, when I'm not continuously being sidetracked or distracted. I swear our attention spans with all of this technology is horrible. I can be focusing on one thing for like 5-10 seconds and then something 'interesting' happens and boom, train of thought gets derailed and I'm left a splutterin'.

I'm like that with some projects. Sometimes I have to force myself to focus on one thing at a time.

they really do care about their employees

Define... care? I don't agree haha, though I definitely know it could be worse.

33eii50.jpg