Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

• I've never liked Smash brothers very much. In particular the recent entries have been getting more and more bloated, more and more melodramatic.

That said, the gameplay seems solid. My girlfriend is enjoying the heck out of it, and I've enjoyed the bits I've played.

• I am enjoying so far. I am mostly doing the adventure mode. A lot of people call it lazy, but while I understand they wanted something more cinematic like Brawl offered, the map fights show some care to craft them, there are even sub-hub worlds that mimic some classic games. I don't want to spoil much but it is a pretty nice nod. Many of the fights you can see they were made related to the spirit you're trying to get.
    I know people didn't liked but I enjoyed they made the fights with the challenging fighters tougher. It was exciting and since they gave us a chance to rematch them and it brought me back the satisfaction of defeating them with an unprepared character, haha. I heard it is patched now so they should be easier to get and not as frustrating for many.

There are some things that I don't like as much, mostly related to online mode.
    It is sad I can't go online with my partner against just one person.
    You can choose your rules but there is not a warning or notification when the main conditions you chose weren't meet in order for you to choose if you with it or not.
    Lag is still prevalent in some matches.

• If you care about WoL I heard whatever you unlock there will be available for the smash mode too. I didn't backwards and did smash battles against CPU with 2x throw rate and one stock, and found out that I had to unlock them in the adventure mode anyway, so if you are planning on conquer that mode, it might be better to do that. Also if you want to unlock Link early enough I'll just give you the same hint a friend gave me: "choose right".

also, I haven't really had bad lag lately, so I guess if you have a decent internet and connect with someone with a decent internet you will likely be able to have a battle without freezing many frames.

• If you care about WoL I heard whatever you unlock there will be available for the smash mode too. I didn't backwards and did smash battles against CPU with 2x throw rate and one stock, and found out that I had to unlock them in the adventure mode anyway, so if you are planning on conquer that mode, it might be better to do that. Also if you want to unlock Link early enough I'll just give you the same hint a friend gave me: "choose right".

also, I haven't really had bad lag lately, so I guess if you have a decent internet and connect with someone with a decent internet you will likely be able to have a battle without freezing many frames.

Yeah that's true but there was a technique to unlock everything quite easily. I was able to unlock my characters no problem using the technique. You basically run around a time limit match that lasts 20 minutes back and forth then play a match, fight the character, then restart the game from the dashboard and keep fighting characters. It works but eventually stops working. Then you run around for another 20 minutes and repeat until you have the characters unlocked. After the first 4 or so times with this it will require you to actually fight in a match but most of it is based on distance traveled so you can get a good number of characters unlocked this way if not all of them. I got all of mine unlocked this way. If you lose to them you just go to challengers approach and they appear there to challenge later. This only took me a couple hours to unlock them all with this method. The World of Light way I hear takes so long and isn't worth using when you can do this in smash mode. Isn't very hard and is worth giving it a go.

• Official Post

Honestly I don't know if I played myself here because all I did was doing a 2x launch power, one stock, one minute battles and that seemed to be enough to make me unlock a lot of characters. I guess I just run a lot through the stages, hahah. If you just want to get them ASAP I guess the method TopSilver describes is probably the best, since it gets the job done in a matter of hours. For me, it was annoying basically having to unlock them twice since because of the story of WoL they'd be locked to use in that mode until you "found" them again.