22 SNES games datamined, A Link to the Past among list

• For those of you who have been hoping for SNES games on Nintendo Switch online, you may get them soon! The Nintendo Switch online app has been datamined. Twitter user @KapucchinoHeck claims he turned up a list of 22 SNES games.

• Super Mario Kart
    • Super Soccer
    • Zelda - ALTTP
    • Demon's Crest
    • Yoshi's Island
    • Stunt Race FX
    • Kirby's Dream Course
    • Pop'n Twinbee
    • Star Fox
    • Contra 3
    • Kirby's Super Star
    • Super Ghouls n Ghosts
    • Kirby's Dreamland 3
    • Super Metroid
    • Super Mario World
    • Pilotwings
    • F-Zero
    • Star Fox 2
    • Super Punchout
    • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
    • Super Mario All Stars
    • Breath of Fire 2

In conjunction, the Twitter user who datamined Splatoon 2 has also came foward, claiming that there are two other emulators with the Switch Online service that are not for playing NES or SNES games.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OatmealDome/st…303319277989888

Definitely a lot to digest within a short amount of time. We all knew SNES games would release eventually. At some point we'd have to get N64 games as well, and that is what most believe the third emulator is for. My hope is the 4th emulator will be for Gamecube games. The Gamecube library has yet to be converted to digital, and it was something I hoped for on the Wii U which wasn't done, it'd be insane for Nintendo not to do it within the next few years.

Source: https://pastebin.com/B0RnJ1uy

• Spiritual Mask Salesman January 13, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “22 SNES games datamined” to “22 SNES games datamined, A Link to the Past among list”.
  • This is amazing news. I am so happy. Though I guarantee it wont release until it is time for everyones yearly Switch membership to expire :p

And I will say it again.

I would rather own then rent.

• Those SNES titles seem to include those in the SNES mini. I know I sound spoiled right now but hope they add more variety because that make it a bit of a pointless reward for the people who bought the classic mini.

The rumours on the other two emulators to be N64 or GC seem a bit far-fetched to me. Don't get me wrong, I agree it would be cool to have access to GameCube titles. I think it would be smart from Nintendo and I am not saying that you are, but I have seen others sites run with the speculation almost as a certainty when in reality they don't know at all what the emulators are about. For all we know they might be just roundabouts for specific games.

I think they would probably implement N64 and GC, one at the time, in order to ensure it is working well. Putting emulation for those consoles when their service is being rubbish at keeping two people connected to play 8bits games if they don't happen to be neighbours, sounds like more headaches for them.

If I am to speculate on what other consoles those could be, my guess would be going for the ones that are similar to NES and SNES graphics, like the Gameboy / color or maaaaybe Advance.

Whatever it is, I hope they do talk about this soon enough.

This is amazing news. I am so happy. Though I guarantee it wont release until it is time for everyones yearly Switch membership to expire :p

I so thought in you mentioning this in the last thread when I hard about this data mining, hahaha.
    So the service started on September 28. That means we'd have 8 more months of them dripping 2-3 NES games.
    Sounds about right. The NES collection could be a little something by then.

• If I am to speculate on what other consoles those could be, my guess would be going for the ones that are similar to NES and SNES graphics, like the Gameboy / color or maaaaybe Advance.

You know that is probably more likely, and wasn't really something I considered. Still, I'd just love to see the Gamecube library conveniently accessible once more.

• I hope they will release OoT 3d and MM 3d, since I guarantee they could be easily ported.

That and WW HD and TP HD.

That is all I care about :p

I can take SNES, GB/GBC/GBA games on a "rental" basis. Gimme my damn zelda games that I can buy :p

• You know that is probably more likely, and wasn't really something I considered. Still, I'd just love to see the Gamecube library conveniently accessible once more.

Oh, I definitely think it would be a great move. there were a lot of good games and finding them physically is harder, let alone memory cards. There's a lot of bootleg going on which I had no idea until a friend tried to get a "new" one online. Like you said, that is one library that hasn't been touched for a virtual console at all, so it'd be cool to have it.

I can take SNES, GB/GBC/GBA games on a "rental" basis. Gimme my damn zelda games that I can buy :p

I think it'd be a matter of time we get most of the Wii U playable ones into the switch.

In general the rental basis would be fine if it was a proper library rather than just the most popular titles. If Nintendo were to release for far more consoles than just the NES and a lot more games than just the same 50 ones they already did in their minis it can become a lot more compelling. Even if it was it's own thing and not a perk for the Online service for Switch.