Missingno. The Pokemon Red and Blue Glitch? Does anyone remember it?

• Was wondering if anyone remembered the pokemon red and blue glitch on gameboy color called Missingno.

It was a glitch pokemon you could catch off the shore of fuschia city I think it was. You basically could get an infinite amount of rare candies and so forth. I don't believe you could catch this pokemon without it glitching you but I recall being able to get an infinite amount of master balls and so forth and if you caught it, then it would screw everything up. Does anyone remember it. That really brings back childhood memories if you remember that.

• Those Pokemon Games really brings me back, there used to be a lot of speculation to make sense of things. I only played Yellow but Cressel had the other ones at some point.. I definitely remember it. It was used to get a lot of Rare Candy and the fact that it could load with some creepy choices like the the ghost sprite or the fossils really made it something that anyone into Pokemon would talk about.

I remembered it had to do with it trying to load a pokemon that didn't exist (basically an ID bigger than 151) but not exactly all the details on how to get it. My mind kept going back to the Mew under the truck, haha. Everybody said it would delete your data but everyone would risk it anyway. I o remember it jumbled the sprites and even some dialog. I remember it was important to skip that old man and not talking with him at all until you had fly or surf, since you found him at the start, or else you couldn't do the trick.

Anyway, I searched a video to refresh that information up, and I think this one does a good job explaining how it works.

The whole storing characters and using headecimal brings me back to my programming classes too. I find it all pretty neat once they explain how it works but back then itw as just something pretty creepy that had so many stories behind it so behind finding the pokemon by following the steps, you heard a lot of myths and scary stories people would make up to try and scare you like fake suicides of kids after catching the pokemon.

Man, we didn't have the internet to just double check things as easily. I am pretty sure kids my age would probably write gaming magazines about it, hahaha.

• Wow that's so interesting! Thanks for the share. It's always good to see a video like this as it brings back memories like I said. Seems about right on the way the glitch works though I'm not too convinced he knew much about what he was talking about with the hex code and so forth. To be honest I sort of thought it was a joke partially the way he described the hex code matching up to certain pokemon in the trainers name. Didn't make much sense to me though it's possible I suppose. I never thought that was true though I use to own a game shark so I do know that most of this data does run on hex code. Anyways I watched the whole video. Can't wait for Pokemon Sword and Shield to release at the end of this year for the Switch. Definitely looking forward to it. I really appreciate you sharing this video, thank you

• I beat pokemon blue. I had gotten raped by Agatha of the elite 4 like 97 times. I ended breaking my OG gameboy because I was so frustrated by her Gengar.

On my new Gameboy Pocket I traded for some legit pokemon cards I found out about missingno. (NOONE HAD PLACES LIKE YOUTUBE OR ETC to look this shit up)

I was PISSED when I figured out how easy it was. LOL

• I beat pokemon blue. I had gotten raped by Agatha of the elite 4 like 97 times. I ended breaking my OG gameboy because I was so frustrated by her Gengar.

On my new Gameboy Pocket I traded for some legit pokemon cards I found out about missingno. (NOONE HAD PLACES LIKE YOUTUBE OR ETC to look this shit up)

I was PISSED when I figured out how easy it was. LOL

I also remember losing to the elite four in pokemon red many times. I remember that I did eventually win and beat the game that much I recall. However it is something I do remember losing to them quite a bit before winning and finally beating the last guy which was the champion. The champion was always the hardest in my opinion to beat. I would always save in between matches so that I could restart each person if I lost. Personally I miss this style of pokemon game. When lets go was released it brought back great childhood memories and I appreciate what game freak did with that. It brought back many of those memories and was one of the best games I've played in a while. Though it was much easier to beat than the pocket versions it was still a great game to play and in my opinion was probably one of the best games that has released so for on the Switch. Really looking forward to pokemon Sword and Shield releasing at the end of this year. Those are going to be great games.