The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• UPDATE:
    NEW POKEBALL POKEMON: MUNCHLAX

Apparently, this Pokemon will eat any item it comes into contact with. One screenshot actually confirmed the return of Lip's Stick. However, he says that it gets hard to stop. Does that mean he eats more than one item?

DISCUSSION

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Yep, saw it... That's only one other clarification of 4th gen Pokemon being in Brawl.
    He's not the most helpful thing in the world... All I know is that he better not eat any other Pkballs if the only item on is the Pkball....
    Figures he'd make it into the game. Now Gonbe fanboys can shut up about him being playable.

...Munch.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• ^ Hmm, I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be... They were the staple Pokemon of Diamond and Pearl... Plus, if you've noticed, for Melee, Pokemon Gold and Silver were out... and all their 2nd Gen Legendaries were included in the game (from the Legendary Beasts, down to Celebi). At that time, GSC were the newest Pkmn games. Now, DP is the newest series... Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they managed to fit the Legends from the 1st, 2nd, 3rd AND 4th Gens into Brawl...

All I know is, I'm greatly anticipating the reveal of Arceus from a Pokeball... and quite possibly Darkrai, whom I could really see as a playable character... Hey, I can dream, can't I? :p

UPDATE: An Assist Trophy.

<Lyn>

A young girl from the Sacae plains, Lyn (whose true name is Lyndis) makes a guest appearance from the Game Boy Advance game Fire Emblem.

She first descends to the field gallantly... then, she crouches to build up power... and...

...! She vanished?!

The flash of the blade! Yet again, Wario is no stranger to pain.
    You’ll get helplessly cut down if you suffer a solid blow from this blade. If you call her forth as your ally, grab your enemies to make them easier for her to hit.

~Not bad, really. Though, I have to admit, I WAS hoping she'd be playable. Not that I've played any Fire Emblem game and/or seen her in action, just that she had a solid fanbase and could have been a decent female character to increase the female fighter roster.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I am honestly laughing at people who are saying she's still playable. XD

Actually, for once, I haven't seen anyone say anything about that... Just drowning in their pools of disappointment. Like I was for Deoxys. *sniff* It is... rather moving, really.
    :wwgdorf:

Why is it in almost every picture/update, somewhere, Wario's getting beat down? I guess that's what he gets for being the lowest voted character out of the welcome wagon of Pit, Zero-Suit Samus, Snake, Meta Knight and Wario... :P

Quote from Muigi

• Actually, for once, I haven't seen anyone say anything about that... Just drowning in their pools of disappointment. Like I was for Deoxys. *sniff* It is... rather moving, really.
    :wwgdorf:

That's the same thing they're doing. I was either way for Lyn and Deoxys personally.

Why is it in almost every picture/update, somewhere, Wario's getting beat down? I guess that's what he gets for being the lowest voted character out of the welcome wagon of Pit, Zero-Suit Samus, Snake, Meta Knight and Wario... :P

Maybe because Wario's a sucker for pain? XP

Things usually turn bad for him in Warioware. In the first one, he lost all the cash he hoarded for himself after his first Warioware game sold like hotcakes. In Smooth Moves, he lost the ancient treasure he was after (which happened to be a stoned Wiimote) when he got chased by those alien things. Wario's accident prone in the Warioware series, so there's no suprises here that Wario gets beat up a lot in the updates.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Today's update: A stage. New. Kind of.

<Battleship Halberd>

You know what? I JUST noticed how HAL was in HALberd. Inspired by HAL Labs? Don't know. Really don't know.

Battle out in the open air!

Battle on the ship's deck!

Watch out for mechanical arms, beams, and missles! Gotta keep moving!

The Battleship Halberd appears not only in multiplayer Brawl stages, but also plays a very important role in The Subspace Emissary. That role is something you’ll have to look forward to.

Discussion!!~

Quote from Muigi

• I find it funny how Yoshi just stands there while Meta Knight cuts him to bits. XD

Also, I wonder when they'll show Capt. Falcon, as he was the fastest runner in Melee. I bet when he's revealed, it might hold a secret about who's the fastest character in Brawl and might possibly hold a clue to the whereabouts of Sonic's inclusion.

Besides, I wanna see his Brawl version of the Falcon Punch. XP

Quote from The Shoutbox

• everybody hide your food

• More like hide the Smash Ball. >>

LOL

Could Munchlax eat that? If I recall correctly, the Smash Ball/orb floats in midair... At least, that's what I remember seeing from some various pictures, and the 1st trailer when Mario uses his Final Smash, Mario Finale.

Quote from Muigi

• Could Munchlax eat that? If I recall correctly, the Smash Ball/orb floats in midair... At least, that's what I remember seeing from some various pictures, and the 1st trailer when Mario uses his Final Smash, Mario Finale.

He might. After all, it IS an item. A rare one, anyway. But it would suck if he did in the middle of the match. True, it is floating in midair, so I guess Munchlax would have to be able to jump to eat the ball. I doubt he'll be able to, though.

I can see the infinite cussings of Munchlax if he can eat the Smash Ball.

"SHIT MUNCHLAX IS ON THE LOOSE! SOMEBODY GET THE SMASH BALL!"

"O NOEZ, FATASS IS HEADING RIGHT FOR IT! GET IT, GET IT, GET IIIIIIIIIIT!!!1!1"

"NOOOOO, HE ATE IT, DAMN YOU MUNCHLAX, DAMN YOUR SPECIES TO THE BOWELS OF HELL!"

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ XD

Well, today's Smash update is rather interesting. A game mode...

<Special Brawl>

You remember all those Special Melees in Smash Bros. Melee, right? Well, imagine those... combined into one option menu!

You can have everyone wear bunny ears or everyone be metal, or everyone wear bunny ears AND be metal!

This particular match will be a Stamina Mega Flower Curry Heavy Slow Angled Brawl!

And that's how it works!

Discussion!!

Quote from Muigi

• Ya know, at first, in the last pic, I thought Sakurai messed up and showed a new character, but now I see that it's just Knuckle Joe. XD

Anyways, this is one of the better updates this week. Now all we need is Falcon revealed and this week can be considered freakin' sweet. (Hey, that rhymes! lol)

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ We need to see Falcon, Ness (or possibly Lucas), or even the Ice Climbers. AT LEAST another Veteran... I'm definitely looking forward to Captain Falcon's updated look.

Ah. Just for the record... After finishing up Twilight Princess today, I am now a FULL-fledged supporter of Midna for Brawl!!

UPDATE: I never gave up hope on them! :D

Today's update: A Veteran... or Veterans.

<Ice Climbers>

The one in blue is Popo. The one in pink is Nana. And the two of them get along great! ...I think.

These two move as a pair, with Nana automatically following along. There’s safety in numbers—protect and be protected!

The Ice Climbers are looking great! I had been wondering all week how they could possibly be renewed graphically...

Discussion!!

Quote from Muigi