The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• As far as it goes Shrukans right aboout the Zelda 2008, Its been in development for over a year. n_n
    Is this not the SSBB thread? O_o
    I didn't know the toaster was selling that good! :P
    Also what do you think the OOT oreintated Brawl level will be thaat fits the unveilled soundtrack? :umm:

PrinceOfDarkness in Zelda Universe<br />Weemick in Gamespot<br />Viva la relagation in C-O-F

• Quote from PrinceOfDarkness

Also what do you think the OOT oreintated Brawl level will be thaat fits the unveilled soundtrack? :umm:

Somehow, I don't believe that'll be the song playing.

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• Quote from PrinceOfDarkness

As far as it goes Shrukans right aboout the Zelda 2008, Its been in development for over a year. n_n

I'm well aware of that. Actually, it's been nrealy two years. It was being worked on alongside TP. HOWEVER, she is not right about the release date. They have not confirmed it for a 2008 release. Do you can't call it Zelda 2008.

• Okay, that's enough of Zelda 2008 talk, it's Monday, so there's a new update to be discussed.

This update's rather interesting, because now you just have to hold down the attack button to attack constantly, like Meta Knight's doing, when you want to perform your character's normal combo attacks. Though, you'll still need to press the attack button in order to get it started.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Indeed...

For this, I think I'd rather "mash" my buttons, rather than hold them. You get hit interrupted by an attack (whether close range or far), and you have those split-seconds that really count, and your finger is still holding "A" for constant combo (depending on who you are). I'd... rather not take the chance of being interrupted, and have to released and press A again, only to have the pattern repeat itself. With A-mashing, you can pull yourself out of the sequence and counterattack more quickly, though your combo (if like Fox's or Link's sword jabbing) can be shortened if you so much as miss a button-mash by a second.

Anybody's choice, this would be mine still... I've used it since Smash Bros., why would I change it now? I'd test it, but that's... probably about it.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.

That won?t change in Brawl, but now you can also just hold down the attack button to automatically do consecutive standard attacks.

It will vary a bit by character, of course, but in the case of Fox...

Press and hold the attack button to do consecutive jabs.

Press the button repeatedly, or just start hitting your enemy to initiate the combo.

You?ll transition smoothly into his Rapid Kick!

The game will be compatible with a variety of controllers, so I?ve gone a tad easier on the button pressing.

Of course, each character will have variations. While some may do repeated rapid jabs, others may simply do three slow swipes with a blade.

Meta Knight is somewhat unique. His standard attack is an unbelievably rapid sequence of slices. Just press and hold the button to unleash a rampage.

• It would be nice if there were more Zelda characters in it... Cant believe that this is my first time posting on this thread....

• Something told me it would be an Assist Trophy... I had a dream that Lip was going to be a playable character. :P

Assist Trophy: DR. WRIGHT

Don't recognize this guy? Take a look at your Trophy collection in Super Smash Bros. Melee...

I'm not exactly thrilled with this update... but at least it was an Assist Trophy, and shows that just about anyone from the Nintendo universe can show up in this game in a cameo.

Special ability: Causing massive skyscrapers to emerge out of nowhere with a flick of a wrist!

Whoo. Discussion?

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• And we now let the rumors flood the streets. Coming from the dicks at G4.

[Ladies and gentlemen, let the steady stream of rumors about E3 '07 commence! One of today's hot numbers is the rumor that Nintendo will be unveiling Mario Kart for the Wii at this year's conference, for release at some point later in the year.

The rumor is Mario Kart will "replace" Smash Bros. Brawl in 2007, as production problems are causing that game to be severely delayed in coming to market. In the meantime, we're not sure if Mario Kart is a reality or not, but we'll know when we get to E3, later in the week, so watch this space for confirmation.]

EDIT: *wonders if he'll be shot dead for this*

I'll give a cookie to whoever says it first.
    *runs like hell*

Quote from The Shoutbox

• IT FIRST.
    Where's my cookie?

Eh, kidding.

As for the E3 stuff... Meh. It wouldn't surprise me much. The longer it has in production, the better it will be... correct?
    Also, Friday, July the 13th, eh?

Quote from Muigi

• oh my gosh wow!

i knew it, so sonics actually in brawl?! ;DDDD

looks amazing fair play

• Quote from mortuaries

oh my gosh wow!

i knew it, so sonics actually in brawl?! ;DDDD

I love fooling people so bad. XD

Yes, it's Photoshop'd, but it almost even had me fooled. It's so well done, I just had to share it.

Quote from The Shoutbox

• oh my god

*hits you with stick*

it looks so real! its really well done i agree

blonde moment XD