The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• lol that reminds me. Some idiot the other day tried convincing that a character can be both a pokeball and an actual character, and said Deoxys would be playable for sure. I laughed, I cried, I pwned his ass with joy, then I blocked him. Happy day.

• I've seen a lot of those, trust me. As much as I wanted Deoxys to be playable, I'm not going to keep myself in denial in thinking he still has a chance, when it's already been blown. Oh, well. Move on.

This is ESPECIALLY directed to those Tom Nook fanboys who can't live with the fact that TN is on the background of that Animal Crossing stage, Smashville. Really, now. It's just like Toad in Adventure Mode of Melee. "OMG hes in adveenture mode but i wantd him playable heres a way he will be playable anyway:" NO. -_-

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• By the way, AC is like, the worst type of series for a fighting game. Just because they have a level, does not mean they can have a character. I mean, they have the final battlefields where you fight the hands and giga bowser, but you can't unlock them, can you? Besides, there's been characters that don't have a stage. Why not vice versa? As well as like I said, AC characters are the worst shape for fighting.

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

By the way, AC is like, the worst type of series for a fighting game. Just because they have a level, does not mean they can have a character. I mean, they have the final battlefields where you fight the hands and giga bowser, but you can't unlock them, can you? Besides, there's been characters that don't have a stage. Why not vice versa? As well as like I said, AC characters are the worst shape for fighting.

That's what I think. But say that to the faces of hundreds of AC fans who want playable characters (even if they have no chance in ~~~~, compared to Mario characters and such). I'd... rather not go there, thanks. o_o

Now that I think of it, though, what stages in the past (in Melee or Smash Bros. 64) have NOT been represented without a fighter?

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I don't think any were...

And I'm an AC fan. And I know AC fans too. Being an AC fan isn't dumb. However, not having common sense, is. And that's what a lot of people don't have these days. I do, so, I like AC, but in my opinion. It. Does. Not. Belong. And I formed that opinion from common sense. How can the characters fight? The only things I can see is using stuff like the axe, butterfly net, etc. But it still doesn't even feel right. It just doesn't belong.

• I've never played it, but I've seen how it looks... It just seem doesn't fit. But then, if Mr. Game 'n Watch could make it, I'm sure just about anyone else can. Just saying.
    I could see them as playable, but just not perfecting moves.

I've heard AC is widely considered a "violent" game. That's the only thing AC-fighter-fans have as an argument against those who think that Brawl won't have fighters for it. XD

Quote from Muigi

• Then those fans are mentally retarded. AC is not violent. I've played the gamecube version lots of times and I own the DS version. It isn't violent. I mean, there is merely a little comedic violence, but there is no fighting whatsoever, no fists thrown, no kicks, no blood, no heads getting shot off with shot guns, no swords cutting people up, none of that. AC, for the most part, is, what some would call, a "sun-shiny happy game." But still good.

• Kind of like Harvest Moon, then? ^_^ That's what I thought... Bahh.

Anywho, on today's update... They mention that you can take screenshots. But how would that tie in with the stickers? It would be pretty cool if you could "cut-and-paste" poses of characters from screenshots.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

Kind of like Harvest Moon, then? ^_^ That's what I thought... Bahh.

Sorry, had to comment. Anyways, Harvest moon and AC are VERY comparable. It's just, Harvest moon, is more of a farm theme, and is more...hm..."mature"....I would say than AC is. But they are very similiar.

Now, about today's updates. I just thought of something. Take screenshots, maybe save them to your Wii message board, and send them to people? Ehh?

• Good chance that will work. If you noticed on one of today's update's pictures -- particularly this one:

-- it's obvious that you can save the pictures, just like from Melee. So, what you say it's quite possible. It would be pretty neat, as well. I just hope they figured out another way of picture taking, without removing Player 4 from the action like from Melee, or at least have an option on whether they want to play and take screenshots, or be "invisible" and take screenshots... I always wanted to take a snapshot of myself doing the Black Hole Glitch, but I needed Player 4 in order to pull it off. Couldn't do, because Player 4 was only used for photo taking... :(

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Eh...?

Never heard of the Black Hole Glitch?? It's probably the best glitch on Melee ever founded! Unfortunately, you can't pull it off on the Wii (despite rumors that you could), because the Wii's graphic engine is stronger than the GCN, thus there isn't the necessary "lag" needed to make it.
    I have a Wii. I've tried it. Doesn't work. Blasted rumors...

You need four players for it, for starters, or at least four controllers.

There's a GameFAQ guide on how to do it:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/516492/43256

I'd recommend starting this glitch in Hyrule. Search YouTube if you need some visuals, too. Those were really handy.

Quote from Muigi

• Quote from Steelia

Never heard of the Black Hole Glitch?? It's probably the best glitch on Melee ever founded! Unfortunately, you can't pull it off on the Wii (despite rumors that you could), because the Wii's graphic engine is stronger than the GCN, thus there isn't the necessary "lag" needed to make it.
    I have a Wii. I've tried it. Doesn't work. Blasted rumors...

It does work. I know I've done it.

Formerly known as Spiff

• Maybe try finding proof on youtube or something to see which one of you is right? Heh.

Edit: Mmm. Just remembered that it doesn't matter how a graphics engine is, it doesn't improve the graphics of a game from a past system. A GCN game will have GCN graphics, the same ones, because it was made for the Wii. That's like saying playing a GBA game will have better graphics when played on the DS. Not the case. Melee was made for GCN. The Wii nor the game itself was modified for the Wii. The Wii was made to be backwards compatible with the whole (or most of it...) GCN library. But that's only backwards compatibility. They would have had to modify future copies of the game OR modify components in the Wii just so the games would have different graphical capabilities. Which they didn't. However, their VC games were modified, but the graphics themselves weren't improved. Just framerate and stuff issues. That's because they have to emulate them, which is different than backwards compatibility, and thus, they are able to rework things. So they couldn't do anything to Melee unless they instead reworked it. Which they didn't. Why would they?

There. Wanted to add that.

• Quote from spiff

It does work. I know I've done it.

I guess I screwed up doing it.... But I know for a fact I was doing it correct, though. Activated the Super Scope glitch, had it as the only item (at a lower appearance rate), had Fox, Falco, Peach, and the side character... Huh. Guess I'll just have to try, try again.

TriforceMaster3000: Of course the graphics from Melee weren't improved just by putting it in the Wii. But in my case, the Wii's more powerful engine enabled my Melee game to do things it couldn't do in my GCN (for some odd reason, Pokemon Stadium always froze on the GCN about a minute or two into the match, ALWAYS, even when I first got my GCN this was a major issue -- on the Wii, however, it works like a charm... and it's not the disc, as I have two Melee games, and both work fine on the Wii, but not on my GCN).

Quote from Muigi