The Official Super Smash Bros Brawl Thread

• I was sitting in the bus today thinking about your earlier post. Then something suddenly crossed my mind.

One of Snake's moves is the Cypher, correct? Well this particular object doesn't appear in MGS 1. It does however appear in MGS 2. Also, the Snake from Brawl looks nothing like MGS 1 Snake, but he does look like MGS 2 Snake. And that's where a problem arises.

MGS 1/2 SPOILER AHEAD, AHOY!
    Highlight the area below for the spoiler/problem.

Problem

Liquid... Was already dead in MGS 2 (well his arm still lives through Ocelot :wwgdorf:). He was killed by a virus named Foxdie at the end of MGS 1.

*edit* Spoiler tag isn't working correctly, heh.

Hey, that hasn't stopped Ganondorf from getting in, and he's died plenty of times... ;)
    But, interesting point nonetheless.

And Muigi: Actually, I completely overlooked Mario, and all the other characters. I was too occupied reading Mr. Resetti's speech. :P
    In some ways, I hope that isn't his new move, as "classic" as it may be. I've grown very fond of his Meteor Smash/spike maneuver... One of my favorite moves to perform as Mario, even as Dr. Mario.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• One of Snake's moves is the Cypher, correct? Well this particular object doesn't appear in MGS 1. It does however appear in MGS 2. Also, the Snake from Brawl looks nothing like MGS 1 Snake, but he does look like MGS 2 Snake. And that's where a problem arises.

Liquid... Was already dead in MGS 2 (well his arm still lives through Ocelot :wwgdorf:). He was killed by a virus named Foxdie at the end of MGS 1.

Ah crap, I totally forgot about that. BUT WAIT! How is Liquid dead if he's the main villain in MGS4? :O

Smash Bros. doesn't keep track of any character's actual storylines. Ganondorf is originally supposed to be dead in the Legend Of Zelda storyline and OMFG, there he is in Melee! Also, if what you said is true, then Kirby would be able to split a planet in two, because he's the most powerful star warrior in his series. You see where I'm going with this? :P

So I have a girl in my sig, big whoop, wanna fight about it?
    Sprites! < Still a W.I.P.

Quote from The Shoutbox

*Muigi has banned the user YOUR FACE from the shoutbox*

http://muigi01.deviantart.com/ Feel free to stop by!

• ^ Just what I was saying... >_>

Anywho, today's update: Pokémon Trainer: Final Smash.

<Triple Finish>

It’s the Pokémon Trainer’s Final Smash: Triple Finish! It combines the powers of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard!

Any one of them can get the Smash Ball.

Go! Triple Finish!

It’s super effective!

...So, what is with that text window below?

Squirtle = Hydro Pump
    Ivysaur = SolarBeam
    Charizard = Fire Blast

These are the moves they use. Isn’t it a beautiful combination? A Fire-type attack, a Water-type attack, and a Grass-type attack? (Not really.)

If an opposing Pokémon gets the Smash Ball, at the very least take care to not be standing immediately beside it.

When you’re particularly close, it hurts. FLEE!

~I like how they added the "It's super effective!" bit. Makes you wonder if it'll say something like, "The attack missed!" if it doesn't hit anyone. :P

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• I would say that you would be able to miss. There are some good players out there...

and besides, it would make them sound stoopid if you miss and it says "Its super effective!"...

OH! EDIT! What about starman huh? "Its not very effective"

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    ~/<><{[Tywar - Tyna]}><>\~

• XD. Muigi was right!!! XD. Nice effects, although Hydro Cannon and that 150 Power Fire attack for Charizard would have been a lot better.

Aye, that's what my siblings were thinking it would be. Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon. Ah, well. This works. Perhaps those moves will be saved for another Pokemon or two...?

Quote from Muigi

• I'm a bit confused about the pokemon trainer character... Does he fight on the field Himself, or just summon his poke ur moms to fight for him?

Heh, that's a new one. :P

He doesn't do his fighting directly -- he sends out the Pokemon to do the battling, just like in the games. He just stands in the background, giving orders.
    Eheh... Now that I think of it, wonder how he'll fair on Bridge of Eldin, or in outer space on Fox's stage?

Quote from Muigi

• I will be holding him by teh neck while he is hanging over the edge >=D

how the hell am I supposed to know about games that I dont like? D:

Then the Poke ur mom trainer will have the biggest list of combos then... three poke ur mom >=D

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• how the hell am I supposed to know about games that I dont like? D:

You could read every post in this entire thread and piece together all the updates on what has happened, and hear rumors and what-not... but, that may take a while, so I'd recommend the OFFICIAL site... or Wikipedia. :P

Quote from Muigi

• Eheh... Now that I think of it, wonder how he'll fair on Bridge of Eldin, or in outer space on Fox's stage?

They actually showed him on the Bridge of Eldin when they did his moveset update.

I'm also a tad curious about where he'll be on Fox's stage. Will he have a spacesuit on I wonder? XD

Quote from The Shoutbox

• Today's update: A game mode.

<Tourney>

What is Tourney mode?!

This is a mode that determines which player stands victorious on the summit after winning many battles against many foes!

I won’t go into much detail, so just try it out for yourself. Take advantage of its robust tourney-generating functions!

Of course, if you don’t have a large number of friends, you may not have much need for a tourney.

Still, we’re working seriously to make this mode fun for even those people.

Actually, you can also play this by yourself against computer opponents, so try it out if you’re so inclined.

~A rather disappointing update... We've had this kind of option in Melee, so I don't see why it would've been taken out.
    But, clarification's clarification. I still say we could have gotten something a little better.

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• Curse you Steelia, you were just a minute faster :P

Anyway, nice to see they didn't remove this mode. I used to hold tourneys with my friends (lol, 4 people actually). Although switching the controllers around was kind of annoying.

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.

• Today's update: A Newcomer character!

<Lucas>

The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it’s Lucas! He makes his anticipated debut from the Japan-only release MOTHER 3.

While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!

~Haha, I managed to predict this guy a while back... I was a little off in terms of what week he'd be introduced, though, eheh. But then again, who DIDN'T see this guy coming up soon? :P

Discussion!

Quote from Muigi

• Ness = Tywar's mortal enimie(yes, new vocabulray word, learn up XD)

I dislike anybody from and/or related to Ness... back off... Ness... he... gave me nightmares! Nah... He just intercepted me in SSBM D: EPIC! I've dovoted my life do someday KO him so much, to erace him from the CD! >=D EPIC! :O

~[Most perverted '07]~
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• Ness = Tywar's mortal enimie(yes, new vocabulray word, learn up XD)

I dislike anybody from and/or related to Ness... back off... Ness... he... gave me nightmares! Nah... He just intercepted me in SSBM D: EPIC! I've dovoted my life do someday KO him so much, to erace him from the CD! >=D EPIC! :O

Ness can be a pain if he's used right, but not by much.

As for Lucas, I really hope he doesn't replace Ness, like everyone said he would. >>

Quote from The Shoutbox

• ^ I don't know... Have you seen how identical Lucas is with Ness? It's a rather uncanny resemblance, wouldn't you say? I know this hasn't stopped Luigi from getting in, just because he may look the same as Mario... but Mario and Luigi, that's a different story. They're brothers. Ness and Lucas? No relations, from what I know. It's like replacing Roy/Marth with Ike... or something rather.
    I have found Ness extremely annoying in the past, but I wouldn't want to see him gone because of it. However, if I recall correctly, rumor has it that Ness was supposed to be replaced in Melee by Lucas, but that didn't happen due to time constraints...

Quote from Muigi