I really don't like Smash Bros Melee at all.

• I don't have a Wii U, I use the 3DS, and I don't own a New 3DS, so I've never owned an amiibo in my life.

Neither will I. I think the figurine idea is stealing the whole Skylander's idea. Plus seeing that Nintendo is getting into a partnership with them.. boy that's gonna be "great".

Anyways, as for SSMB Melee, I can see why a lot of people hate it is because you have those players that take it so literal. And to be honest, I can understand that. But I always know how to ruin a Smash Tournament in a quick hurry.

"Hey everybody! Lets Play a Stock Match of 5 with all items! I brought my WiiMote!" - Me at a tournament.

• Official Post

I don't have so much of a problem with the quality of the game. Just the amount that I've had to play it. There are dozens of multiplayer games out there, but everyone always defaults to playing smash. I've played enough Smash Bros Melee for 10 lifetimes.

Also, Smash Bros Brawl's single player mode was long and boring and filled with really dumb cutscenes.

• My favorite is Smash 4. I don't see how anyone can not like Smash 4, to be honest.

It's great. Gameplay wise, fanservice wise, it's just a great experience. It really comes down to butthurt melee fanboys that hate on the newer releases but to be honest I'm still to find comments hating on it like people hated on Brawl.
    Every smash game has a completely different playstyle, which is why the smash competitive scene was so divided. Smash 64 and Melee provided reward to rushdowns, pressure and overall aggressive gameplay. It was a quick, technical game, going on with fast inputs and reaction time. Then brawl slowed the pace down on a more defensive playstyle where aggressiveness was punished easily, it was more about spacing and positioning(and playing metaknight). Smash 4 just brings it up where aggressive playstyles get rewards but it focuses in a good neutral game so I feel it's pretty well balanced.
    Talking competitive gamplaywise, they're really different. but as a casual party game, Smash for Wii U easily takes the cake.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• Official Post

I don't have a beef with either. I loved the original. In Melee I missed some things from the original like the audio file. Brawl felt so much full of things I really liked it. I never thought it was terrible but I felt I was not in the majority team for liking it. perhaps I liked it as much as I did because it felt like it really tried to create some sort of crossover universe for them. I like Sm4sh a lot. it is like the bext mix of what has been so far.

I have something else to confess. I really really like the Amiibos for this game. This is in fact the only game where I really see a point out of its writing capabilities. The whole AI that grows with you is pretty cool and they're another answer to people with none to play. It is silly but just like with PKM Stadium, it is not just a CPU you feel you had a deal training him so having it on screen is pretty nice. I would love some game like skylanders with Nintendo characters but I am so used of Nintendo bringing awesome technology and then just half-using it.

Also, Smash Bros Brawl's single player mode was long and boring and filled with really dumb cutscenes.

Agree, to some extend I agree, I disagree. Captain Falcon helping Olimar was a great cutscene!
    We knew CF was a serious shot yet we always made him out in comics like an idiot that thinks too much of himself. Seeing that cutscene was brilliant to me. Nintendo was not just aware of the infamous reputation, he egged it up in the game. Hahah.
    or maybe my perception of CF thing is wrong, as I never really finished an F-Zero game, he seemed like the serious bad-ass in the intro cutscenes of the gamecube one.

• Official Post

I just can't agree. I had to give up on the Brawl story mode because I just got so bored with the pattern of 30 seconds of gameplay, followed by 3 hours of cutscenes, followed by 30 seconds of gameplay, followed by 3 hours of cutscenes.

And paying too much attention to the story of a Smash bros game just seems like a fundamental kind of mistake to me. These characters are all out of their natural environment. Each character has a different tone, which now has to be forced to fit into the tone of a smash bros game. So none of the characters are acting properly "in character" to begin with.

But we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that, I think.

• I just can't agree. I had to give up on the Brawl story mode because I just got so bored with the pattern of 30 seconds of gameplay, followed by 3 hours of cutscenes, followed by 30 seconds of gameplay, followed by 3 hours of cutscenes.

And paying too much attention to the story of a Smash bros game just seems like a fundamental kind of mistake to me. These characters are all out of their natural environment. Each character has a different tone, which now has to be forced to fit into the tone of a smash bros game. So none of the characters are acting properly "in character" to begin with.

But we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that, I think.

Agreed to disagreed. Brawl was definitely the weakest smash game. It had it's moments. Smash is good for parties. I can't stand online smash, not just because of the lag, but because it's just like fighting AI. Unless you're fighting with an online friend, but it's still not as fun as local multiplayer.

I'd much rather play Mario Party 2 or 3 on the N64 than Smash.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

33eii50.jpg

SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for a variety of skits and gaming

• Official Post

The N64 smash is the only one I was ever good at. I reached the point where I would put all the NPCs on level 9, and on a team against me, and I'd finish the match without any deaths. But (aside from some really good levels that were missing in later games), melee is certainly the technically superior game.

Which doesn't make me like it any more.