Darkrai Darkurai: Entries of a Dark Heart

• ((Not just yet... Patience is a vital key to this story. ;) ))

Wednesday 16/05/2007
    @1:08am

The Begotten...

I searched all yester-night towards this fresh dawn, sometimes willingly sparing my normal Victims from a NightMare. And what do I find.

Nothing.

The Creature whom I so wholly searched for is no where in sight. I found the fabled cave of Cresselia -- narrow, crumbling, and empty. There was nothing of it there, not so much as any of its Dark Aura left over for me to feast upon.
    With no clues left behind, no Creature to be found, where will I turn to? How can I find something that only exists in the minds of those who've seen it?
    Alas, though my search was unsuccessful, I had a fair share of my night's contentment. Sometimes the Trainers awoke from their slumber, due to the incredible trauma they suffered from their Dreams... Dreams infiltrated and ultimately controlled by My Unearthly Powers. So sweet, their terror...

But I continue to feel at a loss. My Enemy's words... How much truth was there in them? Perhaps I... need to keep searching, and think no more of it.

Such a Night as yester-night has reminded me of my Days of Old, when I was still growing in Power and Wisdom. Yes, the Power to create more terrifying NightMares... the Wisdom to discern reality from imagination... Sometimes I would be lost in my own Creations. But there are some Creations that are better left untold...
    It appears I have a tendancy of leaving a story incomplete whenever I speak of it... This is an example of my telling misfortune, as it was a detail I so sorrowfully missed whenever I explained the Beginning of the World...

There was once a time -- long ago, before the splitting of the Sinnoh Supercontinent by Regigigas -- when Trainers would willingly inflict pain upon their Companions, and even to one another. It was such a golden sight, to see their fists fly and screams pierce the air...
    Many Moons had passed after the Trainers turned against my Master (foolish beings). During the many Seasons, lives were lost to the hands of both the Trainers and corrupted Insignificants. Those lives that were lost (there were not many... perhaps, at the time, only two dozen) transferred themselves into a -- slowly -- growing Creature. The Creature dwelled within a Cracked Stone somewhere in the Sinnoh Supercontinent... And the stone would relocate every time a spirit merged with it. Those lost souls lost all thought, being, spirit. They became one with one another, turning into a horrendous Ghost... No one knew of this Ghost, however, due to the fact it was hidden in the Stone. Even I was completely oblivious of this strange phenomenon... but it did not escape the sight of my Master, whom watched over the growing Ghost...
    Eventually, a war broke out in one of the towns -- it was a team of Trainers fighting their own Insignificants -- and many lives were lost. The Death Toll rose to fifty-eight, with only one loss of a Trainer. These lost souls soon found their home in the Cracked Stone, and the Ghost -- slowly -- grew in strength...
    The news spread of the tragic defeat of the Insignificants, and those nearby suddenly attacked those whom had killed them. This Band of Creatures did win, but not without a cost. The ten Trainers who lived did not survive another day... but the Band of Creatures lost twenty-eight of its members. Those who died and were within the Band were buried... but the corpses of the Trainers were burned with their town.
    The spirits fluttered away, towards their resting places... or so it was thought...

The lot flew into the Stone... and the Beast emerged for the first time.

It did unspeakable horrors to the land: It would infect those who were not stricken with Evil in their hearts and have them go mad, killing innocent ones within their own cities.
    It would consume those lost to the ones it Infected.
    It would put to sleep multitudes of Insignificants and Trainers, feast upon their Dreams, and have them never awake from them (unless Cresselia cured them).
    It would ravage the land with its ghastly power, leaving behind remnants of its existance as bones...

And it would reproduce.

Those Spiritual Eggs which survived would be given birth into Stones similar to the one the Parent dwelled within. Then the newly born would eat off the excess spirits the Parent would feed them.
    It would give them one-hundred and eight.
    Once they had that amount, they would be fully mature, and would destroy the land with the Parent...
    The Parent and its Children created their world to their liking, and formed themselves a base, known as the Hallowed Tower, due to their hallow souls and empty hearts...

Then came the day, when the Trainers and Insignificants cried unto Arceus for forgiveness. Their plea reached His ears... He saw their terror, saw the death, saw them being wiped off the face of the planet by the Ghosts' combined powers...
    But He did not help them. His heart had grown cold against those He had created, and He thought the best way for the future generations to learn from this was to experience it, and fear it. (I praised my Master ever more for this.)
    But, as cold as a heart He had, it was not immune to Them. Eventually, after many Moons passed, Arceus descended unto the Earth and commanded the Ghosts to return into their Stones... and remain trapped there for all time.
    And just as easily as He had descended, the Ghosts vanished. Their rampage was over, and the Trainers and Insignificants glorified master Arceus and promised to amend their ways.

But Master Arceus had other plans.

Seeing the destruction on the land He had created, and the vengeful hearts of the Insignificants and Trainers, he wiped their memories clean, and baptized their hearts with purity, so that whenever a new Trainer or Creature was born, it would be the Parents' responsibility to grow the child with a loving heart. (I tried to veto this from ever occurring, but My voice was lost to the stronger one of my Master's... He did, however, keep a small tint of their Evil in them, so to not have a fully cleansed world, as it is such, a perfect place can never exist except in the Above...)
    After that, Regigigas was born to split the Sinnoh continent into smaller, more significant continents, and it has remained so till this day.

Whatever became of the Ghosts? Most of them have been lost in the Underground. Only a chosen few have unearthed their burial places...
    But others still thrive above. Though encased in their Stones -- named today as Odd Keystones -- they can be brought back to life in their now-crumbled Hallowed Tower, near the Lost Tower of the souls of the deceased. However, whenever they are re-summoned to life, they lose much of their original Power, as it, the souls, was drained from them completely, leaving behind nothing more than a miniature, non-life threatening Ghost.
    The Ghost, which few know of, are called Spiritombs. They were investigated upon modern scientists while still contained in their Keystones, and were found to once encase spirits in the Keystone; their tomb. Thus, the name was given. But the true horrors of the Ghosts will not be remembered amongst these Trainers today... a fortunate thing, in their case, an unfortunate one in Mine.

I have heard that one of the resurrected Ghosts has found a new host... One named Cynthia, in Sinnoh... She is said to have claimed one after hearing the rumors of the Keystones and the Hallowed Tower. But few dare to do the same as she, as they hear the Ghost had no weaknesses to speak of.

Such a strange thing, Spiritomb... I would have gladly joined forces with it had I been given the chance... but, my duties lie elsewhere. And I know my Master's strength. I would have not gotten out of the situation alive. I would never turn on my Master... Never...

The Nights of the New Moon continue, and so will my search for my perpetrator, and my feasting upon the dreams of thee...
    Until we meet again...

Oh, and with the Begotten Ghost, Spiritomb... There are some little-known facts of it, which I have so thoroughly kept to myself since it, the Ghost, was Forbidden to the Mortal World...
    What I noted was that the Ghost has many connections to the number one-hundred and eight.

The Ghost could only be kept away whence a Trainer or Insignificant chimed a bell 108 times, thus warding away the 108 spirits dwelling within the Ghost.
    The Eggs, when kept by a Trainer, hatch in 7,680 steps -- subtract 7 and 6 with one another respectively, you end up with 1... for 180.
    The "Base Stats," as they are called by Trainers, for the Ghosts' defensive and special defensive sides are 108.
    It weighs approximately 238.1 pounds... When converted, it is 108 kilograms.
    And possibly the most astonishing and coincidental of these, as the Trainers know nothing of the Ghosts' connection to the number: It is, in the Sinnoh Pokedex, number 108.
    Some facts to keep in mind, from My Brilliance.

My Darkness is most powerful to-night...
    And it is tonight I will find the Criminal...
    and, at the same time,
    consume thine soul...

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Friday 18/05/2007

Gratitude...

Two nights' worth to search, and I find nothing. Nothing. Perhaps I have taken this too seriously... Could the Criminal not exist? But then, how was I ever framed? I must consult master Arceus about this dilemma once more. He won't be pleased with this...

Such a time has inspired me. I may not have found my perpetrator, but I have had a feast's worth of NightMares and screams for this week, more so than I have ever received. The more born, the more pain...

That mansion... the Forest Manor, the Old Chateau. I happened to pass it whence traveling through the forest. I didn't hear the child's voice calling to me (as it would normally do whenever sensing my presence), and my curiosity grasped me and drew me back into that old house.
    It appeared that renovations were done, however little there was. The tiles were cleaned of the grass and flowers once in bloom there, perhaps thrown out somewhere in the backyard or terrace. However, the tiles themselves -- the spots where the vines had penetrated through the floor -- were still missing, revealing patches of dry mud and dust. So lazy are these Trainers! They care not of an old memory...
    The picture in the dining room has finally gone. Perhaps the family took it back. I hated that picture so... I could not erase those smiles, no matter what I did.

Upon some closer inspection, both upper rooms of the second floor -- the original parents' room and the storage -- had been cleaned and both become large closets for various storage. Books, papers, other collected items from the fire... They had been transferred into those rooms. Pity to see them go to waste, I suppose.

Ah, something I nearly forgot.
    Whenever I checked the child's room... her picture still hung on the wall. However, there was something different about it. Whenever I approached, the child's eyes would dim like lights, until I was so near they nearly faded away... Whence I exited, I could see those eyes glimmering brightly. Even in different rooms, if I were to enter through the walls using My Shadows of Invisibility, those eyes would continually watch me... whether it be the left or right, they continued to turn with me. An interesting trick. I could only wonder how long it took the child to manipulate that painting...
    That was all I discovered there, my Old Chateau. I shall trek there once more, I suppose, as I am no longer bothered by her voice... The only object worth visiting there is my dying statue, still glaring menacingly at those who dare to enter my Manor... puny Insignificants and Trainers alike.

Now that I speak of the Manor... Shaymin. I have not heard of her in a long time. From what I know, since the day she tried to bribe my Master...
    It seems I dismissed an important detail.

Shaymin was banished to her small island in the ocean, where she would serve her term till the day she is discovered by a Trainer. However, to find her, the Trainer must decode a message on a White Rock, miles away from her home... This has yet to occur.
    However, after her banishment, Shaymin withdrew all the world's power of flowers along with her. Doing so, she dried continent's worth of plants into nothing but dust. Pokemon were the first to suffer. Hoards of them began to die off in a mass starvation, eventually effecting the world's Trainer population.
    In response to this, rogue organizations formed special companies to combat the death of the plants. They tried to create non-organic replacements, but to no avail. They, too, were thrown into confusion, and mayhem spread across the planet.
    Master Arceus commanded Shaymin to return the planet's power, but Shaymin refused, stating that she was banished from the world and that nothing would change even if she did comply to his rule. (I began to respect Shaymin at this point.) Arceus himself attempted to recreate the world's plants. But Shaymin fought back, sucking up the energies and depleting the renewed sources. The scuffle lasted only a little while, with my Great Master choosing his only option: Giving in to his creation. As Shaymin had control of the planet's natural resources, she could do as she pleased with them. No other Legendary was given such a privalege.

Then a day came when the prayer of a small child reached Shaymin's ears. The prayer was to have back the earth's natural resources, and in return he would grow up and keep the planet safe from the corruptions of other men. Moved beyond tears, Shaymin not only gave back the earth's power, she also bestowed upon the child her blessings. Since that day, flowers in the town where the child lived -- Floaroma -- have flourished.
    Decades have passed since this incident. Since then, the children of that child have retained their blessings -- the children of the first Berry Master.
    And since then, Arceus tried recalling the banishment of Shaymin. But, understanding what she did, she accepted her fate and remained concealed on her island for disobeying her Master, whom she still loved deeply. (It was here I lost respect for her... though the memory of her disobedience still lives with me.) And thus, to this day, Shaymin has remained quiet from the world, and the world has remained in balance with nature... all because of the good will of a child, and the Gratitude of Shaymin.

This ends my day... A story, and some well-deserved rest.

But do not think for a moment you will be safe...
    as I will have thee once again to-night...
    and prepare to Suffer even more than night's previous...

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Monday 21/05/2007

...And Found

For the past week... possibly two... I have updated my findings in the land of Sinnoh. My roamings have been unsuccessful since my leads with my Mortal Enemy, Cresselia... I was beginning to doubt Her supposed "Truths" of the matter. Without so much as a shard of a clue to live upon, I had almost forgotten about my incident, as my Pact with the Shadow Master had been restored, and we are in fair connections once again. I had almost forgotten...

Almost.

Yester-night is when it happened... Such a strange turn of events! Do such things occur often? I have... become lost for words...

After I had finished my routine, torturing the minds of those simpleton Trainers and their petty Insignificants (I remember one of them... it was a Turtwig, a juvenile... not caught, but still with its parent; I enjoyed watching it spin in circles after it awoke, crying and lost in desperation in the utter darkness surrounding it), I returned to my home of Newmoon. As the New Moon's phases have passed, and my power is slowly depleting as it traditionally has, I felt strangely drained... fatigued, even. I know the limits of my Power, and I keep a certain margin on how far I use them. That morning, after absorbing the last remaining Essense of the Night, I was unwelcomely greeted. It took me but a moment to see the gleaming eyes in the Shadows of the trees.
    And a certain, familiar Aura sparked from within its body.

It was my Perpetrator.

The Criminal stood levitating but mere meters away from me, courteously using the front entrance...
    I was shocked, to say the least. I felt no presence beforehand, not so much as the Life Energy, of the Creature. It must have masked it in order not to be detected.
    It looked at me, for a long time. We stared at one another, not saying a word. My mind was reeling -- the thoughts of cursing it with eternal damning of NightMares flashed, but the questions surrounding its mysterious nature began to nag me more so.
    I finally drew up enough nerve, keeping a comfortable distance, and asked.

It did not respond.
    Not once did it move its mouth. Although my Eyes can easily see things in the Dark, I could not distinguish this Creature's form in the Shadows. It was as if it cloaked itself in a much... darker... power.
    After more failed attempts for answers, I threw back a hand and formed one of my specialties: Shadow Ball. All at once, my Rage returned to me, and the vengeance I so long waited for emerged in a rush of Evil pulses and flowing Aura.
    I scowled and cursed at the Creature, stating how I would obliterate it for destroying My Name under the Shadow Master's presence, and for humiliating me for having me go ask for help... in the form of my Fiercest Foe.
    I kept the Shadow Ball at hand, yes. Why I did not throw it was because I wanted to hear my Perpetrator's cries for mercy... mercy I was sure I would hear, as everyone -- everything -- knows of my Evil Nature, and should very well know of how I relentlessly torture those who oppose me.

Then it stepped out into the soft sunlight of the morn.
    And, for once, I was able to see its true form:

It... was me.

Every shape, every feature... All to a tee. An exact copy of me. The Aura surrounding it flourished, and it was... EXACTLY... like mine.
    My Shadow Ball whithered away into nothing, and my hand dared not budge. My Eyes widened in astonishment -- this is the first time anything has ever come to surprise me like this.
    The Perpetrator only floated there, glaring at me, mimicking my exact posture and stare.

I had not the thought nor the Evil to pull off any attack.
    I was lost for words.
    Instead, I scowled thoughtlessly, repeatedly asking "Who is this?" without a suffice answer back.

After I had collected my thoughts, I once more asked the question.
    And somehow, as if knowing this would be the last I would ask (before I issued an attack), it answered back.

Darkrai.

That is what it said. But... how it said it... It wasn't my tone of voice at all.
    Every shape, every feature... An exact copy of me. The Aura, the Red, the White, even the Tail of Shadow... were all like me.

Except the voice... It... lacked something. Lacked... any threatening will. There was Evil in it, oh yes, I could definately sense it. But overall... how would I put it...
    It... was...
    feminish...
    That is the only way I can put it. The Darkrai before me... spoke in the most... pleasently Evil tone. It... appealed to me. Somehow, someway. I... do not... understand. Not even now. It leaves me completely baffled.

After answering my question, and leaving me stunned once more, it turned and... very elegantly... disappeared into the Darkness of the trees.
    I had not the will nor the mindset to pursue it.
    But... it was true. True all along. My Perpetrator was me... but it was not. It was...

female...

My Dark Heart responded in the most strangest of ways... It was a feeling I had never felt before. Was it expectation? Excitement? Deeper hatred? I don't know. All I know is that... the next time we meet... it will be our last. I will not have this... Other... be taking my place as the Evil One of this world.

There is only one Darkrai. I WILL BE THE ONLY DARKRAI. And I will see to it, somehow or another, that this... copy, this... clone... is rid of by My Hand.
    I would search till I touched the Ends of the earth. But my duties... lie elsewhere. Perhaps I should see my Master, as I had wanted to before... He still will not be very happy with me...

Although my search begins again, don't think for a moment that I have spared thee... for I will return in the Dead of the Night... and haunt thee... with more terrors than your Dreams could ever begin to create...
    Until then, Foolish One...

Quote from Muigi

• --The Darkrai story here will be taking a short break. I have to make some more entries before I continue.
    The next entry will be taking place one month later... though you don't have to wait that long, I'm sure.--

EDIT: Well, here we start up again. Sorry, I meant to start up about a week ago... but kept losing track of time.
    Anywho, on with Season 2!

~~~

Monday 18/06/2007

The Hiatus...

Almost a month and one New Moon have passed since I last updated this journal. And what have I done?
    A search. A search that has been in vain.

Almost a month and one New Moon have passed since I last saw... her. Not my Enemy, no. Her, I see every other night. She asked me once if I found out the truth, in which I reply I have. No, my Enemy is the least of my worries now. I have another rival to consider, to keep a watchful eye out for. A dark matter rivaling my own Malevolent Being... A She-Darkrai.

How is this at all possible? A female version of the Darkest Creation? It could not have been a hallucination... My Powers have never failed me in judging reality from illusion. Had it been such an illusion, I would have not sensed anything coming from it... But this "She-Darkrai" was a complete creature. She existed, and she was before me.

Consult my Master Arceus, I must do. I promised myself to do that the night she visited me. Where has my mind trailed? Am I so easily distracted now? My first love, my NightMares, have all but withered to the ends of my mind. They seem to have lost all meaning. I enjoyed causing pain, turmoil in helpless minds of Trainers and Insignificants... but...

I shall question myself on the matter no longer. My life will continue. Tonight, I will do my duty of Bad Dreams, and consult my Master on this. He will understand... my Master... he will know of my plight and be merciful for going before him unannounced... My Merciful Master, spare me Your anger...

Tonight will be a fine Night indeed. The New Moon is still at hand, and my Powers have grown tremendously. Tonight, I will feast.
    And I will have thee suffer a similar fate...
    Slumber well...

Quote from Muigi

• Friday 22/06/2007

The Tour...

As I had promised myself, I went to see my Master unannounced. I know how He hates it so, when one of us goes before him without a special invite.
    I had my reason to approach him. It was plaguing me. Worse. It was changing me. This... "She-Darkrai"... has been on my thoughts for the past month. It's as if my mind has become her slave, and I've been bound to serve her from the distance.
    She has infected me. What this infection is, I know not. It is a new... sensation. My Dark Heart feels as though it is battling an internal enemy. What kind of curse did she bestow upon me? Was that her reason for remaining mute when I spoke with her? Did I envoke something? Perhaps she truly is me, reincarnated somehow...

My talk with the Arceus did not solve what I had hoped to learn.

I kneeled before Him reverently, as I have always done for years when approaching Him, but then I recklessly and apologetically preached about my reasons for being there.
    But there was something in His eyes. There, as He stood before me in all His Magnificence in the Throne of the Hall of Origin, I could tell. He knew something I did not. Whatever it was, He did not speak of it. He only listened to me ramble on. I knew He knew what was wrong. He watches over me -- watches over Us. Nothing escapes His knowledge, his keen observations from the deck above the World. And as I finally finished my complaints beset before Him, He did a certain gesture with his legs -- as if He were leaping. Then, with great Power he hammered the ground, both golden hooves causing a shockwave that I trembled before. I... trembled.
    He spoke in a voice so mystifying that I almost lost myself in a void created in my thoughts. It was as if I had gone adrift in a rip in time itself. Or rather, a tear in space... Before I knew what had happened, the Creator of Time and Space had descended, levitating out of a portal created within the floor. The shockwave earlier was nothing more than their dimensions opening, to be summoned into the Hall of Origin.

Why had my Master brought them before me? I don't know. To this day, only two days after, I am still at a loss. I suppose I will never figure it out.
    Commanding the Great Dialga and Palkia aside, Arceus resumed contact with me. He told me, in an unamused but simple sentence, that it was not my time to know. He said he wasn't sure why or how it happened, but a duplicate had been created.

There was a flash of light, and before I knew it, I was beside my Master, Dialga, and Palkia. Before me was the World as I knew it: whole, beautiful, and soon to be cursed by My Hands as it was Night. Then the World shifted, and, like a camera, we zoomed in towards Sinnoh... At this point, I noticed We were standing atop the deck above the World which is the Hall of Origin, and we were gliding... towards a remote cavern east of Coronet. It was the same cave Cresselia had so long ago investigated. And residing within it was my duplicate. Oddly enough, she was slumbering.
    My Master said He had known all along of my problem, and had been trying to think of a way to resolve it. He told me that I could approach the She-Darkrai without worry, as she was in fact I, only the opposite gender. But He warned me of what dangers would lie ahead for me, should I stray from my Path of Destiny... Then, in another quick flash, I was floating back on my Newmoon. The Great Dialga and Palkia, and my Master... they had vanished.

I feel a great confusion arise within me whenever I think back to those moments. Why does my Master refuse to answer me directly? What could He possibly know about the She-Darkrai that I do not? Perhaps I am thinking too much of the ordeal. I should... continue with my life. Sometime I will approach her, and rid the World of her. It is my duty to uphold my True Nature, to be the Prince of Darkness... I am Darkrai. I am One. And it will remain that way, forever onward.

Just because my schedule has been temporarily haulted...
    does not mean that my pleasure to dismember dreams has died...
    Do not worry much longer...
    I will be there for a visit...
    Your patience will be rewarded.
    Slumber well...

Quote from Muigi

• ((Thanks. :) ))

Sunday 01/07/2007

The Offer...

As I am weak, I must keep this short. This is nothing more than a brief summary of what has happened in the past week...

Whence the night faded into daylight, I recall myself returning to my home of Newmoon. It was a few days before the Full Moon would arise, and I could feel my drained strength beginning to succumb to the pressures...
    This was one week ago, at most, when this occurred.
    As I was resting, a lone Drifblim lazily approached my island. It brought with it a message -- one from Shadow Master Giratina. It was an offer, though the Messenger never wholly explained what this "offer" was. I accepted it, and told the Drifblim to ask the Shadow Master when a decent time would be for me to visit him.

A few days passed, and the Drifblim returned. It conceived a new message from Giratina, whom remarked that one night after the Full Moon had passed, I could go and visit him. I was hesitant... It was during this period that I am most vulnerable, where my Powers are slowly working their way to Full Strength. But, as I... trust... the Shadow One's words, I once again accepted.

Tonight is the night after the Full Moon, and I await -- with great expectation -- to see what this "offer" of the Shadow Master is.

In the meantime, I will keep an eye out for the She-Darkrai... as she continues to plague my nights with... her own NightMares...

Until then...

Quote from Muigi

• Wednesday 04/07/2007

Another Discovery...

I came across the She-Darkrai again as I was on my own leisure time before I visited the Shadow Master... and, as she had done when she first approached me on my Newmoon, she spoke no words. There was... complete silence between us. And in that time... I could feel an emotion rising within me. Even now, I know not of its origins, nor what it could ever be. It has been slowly eating away at me from the inside since I first met... her. I can feel my Dark Entity, once so dominant, cold, and heartless, becoming... vulnerable.
    Maybe she has Cursed me. But how? I continue to question myself of these feelings, and of the She-Darkrai's existance. Master Arceus created I, the Original Prince of Darkness, to reign supreme over the Land of Sinnoh, and to be in a timeless feud with my Mortal Enemy, Cresselia.

Since the day the She-Darkrai has appeared, my personality... has been changing... However I speak, it is not the same as it once was. Am I... losing inspiration?
    ...No. The She-Darkrai is fooling with my mind, just as she fooled with the Shadow Master's when she nearly broke our Pact. Whenever I see her again... I will be sure to give her a taste of My Dark Heart.

As I so previously mentioned, Shadow Master Giratina summoned me to his lair, where I was to meet in the utmost of secrecy. As he said it, "not even the Master knows of this."

After I met with the She-Darkrai, I left her to do... whatever it is she does on such nights. Why I did not so boldy proclaim my Superiority, or so much as reclaim the Land of Sinnoh to My Biddings again... I know not. I will be sure not to be so foolish on the time's next meeting.

I managed to venture through Turnback Cave with the greatest of ease... It has become nothing more than a children's game to me now.
    When I found the Shadow Master, he was awaiting for me patiently. The Shadows surrounding him sent chills through my spine... I quivered in such dread, that I began to enjoy feeding off of my own fear... This seems to occur every time I visit him... I must ask how he does it.

Giratina lifted his massive body into the air, without the aid of his Black Wings, and he closed his eyes... He began to focus, and immediately the foggy room that I had entered began to swirl into a whirlpool of illusion. I stood in my spot, wondering what the Shadow Master could have been up to...

After some time passed, Giratina's eyes snapped open again and the room, once a swirling vortex of colors, immediately blacked out into nothing. It was as if the Shadow Master and I were locked away in some gap between dimensions... where neither time nor space existed.
    Even before Giratina explained, I knew where he had taken me.

The Netherplace. Where the Souls of the Departed forever roam freely, in a place my Master dares not venture.
    The Darkness began creeping up to me, forming Shadows out of Shadows... There was an intense atmosphere here. Even speaking of it now has me breaking in a cold sweat... It was remarkable. But, I had already been taken to the Netherplace with Giratina on previous occassions. Why bring me here again?

My question was soon answered: Giratina had me follow him to near the end of the inky darkness... to where the dimensions of the Netherplace and the gaps between time and space sever. If one were to go into such a sever... they would be lost forever.
    It was here I began questioning the Shadow Master of his actions. Not even now did he explain what his original intentions were...

It was then that he spoke to me. He said that it was by accident that he found this new realm, and that he had been making frequent stops since his finding of it... as it so closely resembled Our World, only without the Insignificants... and Trainers.
    Then, with the flap of his Black Wings, the severed connection between the Netherplace and time and space was interrupted... It didn't just create a new gap. This was on a completely different level... Not even I know how long this must have taken to become successful. The Shadow Master is more cunning than I have previously thought.

Giratina led the way, with myself tailing close behind... We found ourselves in a wormhole, slowly guiding us through the strangest dimensions I have ever seen.
    Eventually, the wormhole ended, and I found myself floating in space... above a world similar in appearance as Mine.
    At first I thought it was a mistake. Had Giratina created a wormhole back to the World of Ours?
    Giratina, noticing my plight, reassured me of our position... That we were in fact floating above a different world.
    He continued to explain that this "new world" housed creatures that looked and acted strikingly similar to the Trainers on Our World... only these "new Trainers" have free wills. None of them are related to Trainers at all, in fact. They chase their own dreams... they do not capture Insignificants, nor do they show such goodwill as Trainers. The reason why Giratina coveted this "new world" was because the creatures here... were corrupted by Evil. An Evil that was almost exactly alike the Evil of the Trainers in ancient times. The same Ancient Evil that was formed to create Giratina... and the creatures here not only suffered from Evil, but were also inflicted with NightMares without the presence of a Darkrai.

...As my time runs short this eve, I returned back home to my beloved Newmoon... No longer did the She-Darkrai plague me so. She became the least of my worries for the time...
    Even as I was floating the vastness of the space around that new world... I could already feel the evil being emitted from it... Whatever creatures lurk there surely must be horrendous things.

I love the thought of it...

Don't think that because I have grown vulnerable has ceased my Operations...
    I will continue to inflict new Pain upon thee... as the Ancient Evil once did upon the Insignificants...
    Slumber well...

Quote from Muigi

• ((I apologize for the brief downtime. Had a poweroutage, so I couldn't update yesterday... I might begin going this new route instead, a post every other day [as I don't make posts very often].

Just to point out with this entry -- it contains a VERY vital point that will impact Darkrai's future dramatically. I won't point it out to you now... but I will mention it once more before Darkrai's world... Well, let's just say his life is about to change soon. Soon...))

Saturday 07/07/2007

The She-Darkrai...

Several nights have passed, and tonight is one special night indeed. It marks the period where She -- Cresselia -- and I's powers are equally divided. It is on such a night I hope to someday gain the victory I have so longingly and so patiently waited for.
    If I ever come across Her in my travels to-night, I will be sure that She does not flee from me... She cannot deny me my challenge, one that I have failed time and again to achieve. However... if She manages to avoid me, as She has for so many Moons, I can only continue to wait...

As several nights have passed since the last I updated, I have come across the She-Darkrai many times.
    I can remember one such night...

She finally speaks to me, villainous thing. I brought up the Pact between the Shadow Master and I, and I scolded her for making a mockery of my Sinister Being. I even went so far as to remind her that there is only one Original Prince of Darkness.
    And how does she reply?

With giggling. Amused, and unwavering giggling. It was as if my Dark Heart had no effect... The poison in my voice was completely smothered by her own rivaling Dark Heart. Because she was like I, she was immune to my hatred for her. She... enjoyed the torment I bestowed upon her. As it is such, sticks and stones may break bones... but words cannot harm thee.

What was I to do? The Bringer of NightMares, the Most Malevolent, had been struck down with child-like laughter from a being no more and no less different than I. With such a response, I remained silent. I had grown speechless. No one had ever dared mock the Great Darkrai... and live to tell any tale about it. As I was face to face with my own self, a mirror image in the form of the opposite sex, I felt my thoughts grow foggy and useless. Not even a threat of an attack was enough to surprise her.

After some moments of inner conflict, the She-Darkrai answered to me. She said that if I were to make a Sinister remark to her, that I do it... properly. What is the meaning of this! Even in my prime, she continues to peak my rage with words that sound so much like mine. She dares insult me?!
    ...After a time, she proceeded to say that if I were to live up to my name, I would allow her to reside... with me... on my Newmoon island. Of course, I refused such an offer. I was NOT having an inferior being insult me, and get away with housing with me! No one was to dwell on my land but me.

...Then, with a quick and witty reply, she stated that if I did not accept her "invitation," she would blackmail me with how barkless I was to her, and how I had not yet annihilated her as I had promised myself.

...I can live with the thought of being defeated in a duel. It pushes my Fighting Spirit into growing stronger.
    I can live with the thought of sparing a child of slumber suffering. There are times when I, too, have bad days and need to resist such a temptation.
    I can even live with the thoughts of losing in a conversation with an opponent. I have my Brilliance, but even it has its pros and cons.

But... THIS... is... UNACCEPTABLE.

The She-Darkrai... pulled a foolish move. It burned in my Dark Heart, like a furious fire in a dry forest. That was one straw that had been broken, one straw that I had hoped would never be disturbed.

...I didn't care whether she was like I, or if she was female or not.
    In my furious state, I assaulted her.
    And in her prepared state, she assaulted back.

We fought through the Twilight till Dawn approached... By that time, I had used up all my Aura in trying to deflect her powerful attacks, to cut her speed, and even lull her into sleep. But, time and again, she proved a worthy opponent as she dodged, struck, and leaped back. It was a recycled process. Why I did nothing to counter it baffles me... But, whenever one is in such a blind rage as I was, it is in those moments that you lose sight of what should be properly executed.
    I had grown weak, tired, and anxious to return to my home... Dawn is not the time of day I prefer to stay awake. The night is my only source of cover -- and if I were to be seen out of it, I would surely be overwhelmed by the forces of those who desire to control My Powers... The Trainers. I know how they plot... They try to catch me off-guard during the day, where I am all but defeatable. For some reason... the Light of the Sun decreases my strength...

I threw in the towel, and proclaimed the She-Darkrai as winner. She was far too devious and strategic than I. I had only attacked out of rage. She predicted this, and was able to foresee whatever thoughtless move I exercised.

To deprive you some wasted time, I will cut this short: As a result of my pitiful loss, I had no choice but to take her as my... new... guest. She bothers me not -- I was even able to get a full day's rest, and go through with my business the following night, and she stayed put at my home.
    Was it because she was homeless that she continually bothered me in my thoughts? Was it because she had nowhere else to run that she strayed into my path time and again? Could this have been the reason she tried to cripple my Pact with Giratina... so to attract my attention?
    I know not of her TRUE intentions... I have suspected her to be my source of downfall. She could be working for someone, someone whom has held a grudge against me... But no one comes to mind. More of the time, no one even knows I exist. I only deploy Bad Dreams to Them. They think it is a natural cycle, when in fact I am the one behind those events.

To this day, she resides with me... on my island. She is no longer a threat, nor is she so much as an annoyance. There are times when I forget she even exists...

I have spilled enough of my thoughts. I must stop... before this begins to cloud my true judgment...

As the nights being to come and pass... the New Moon steadily approaches.
    And when such a Night befalls the land, prepare thyself... for a lesson thou wilst never forget...

Slumber well...

Quote from Muigi

• ((Ahh, forget it. I can't wait 2 days. XD ))

Saturday 14/07/2007

Their Last NightMare...

I have had my fair share of adventures during this life, none of which have bored me in the least.

I have my Rival, whom I detest so, to continually motivate me in becoming stronger, as my lust for Dark Powers only rises.
    I have my Master, the Great Arceus, so merciful a Master, so Great a Master He is... I would never do anything to bring him harm... No... Never...
    I have the Shadow Master, Giratina. The Pact between us remains just as strong as ever.
    I have the Trainers and Insignificants, for without them I would have no point in living. Nonetheless, I have no gratitude towards their simple-minded ways.

And now I have the She-Darkrai.

Since the day she appeared at my doorstep so short a time ago, I have been... changing. Even now, writing this, my Dark Heart is tormented. I do not know the answer to this.
    I despise admitting to myself about my own faults. But, this is an undeniable circumstance that I have little or no control over. All the Dreams in the world can never muster up to this new... metamorphosis.
    Perhaps I should try to consult my Master... one more time... about the She-Darkrai's origins... before it is too late for me.

The Shadow Master has allowed me access to his New Realm more frequently now. I delightfully make my way there.
    The "creatures" there are hardly any different than the Trainers in My World. One might actually call the two races related, or completely identical. They Dream, they work, they do just about everything the Trainers do.

And it is because of these similarites that I have the privilege of troubling their Imaginations. How easy it is! The restrictions I have in My World do not apply here. But it is because of this that my pleasure becomes nothing more than the feeling of a chore. I have lost my taste for sweet tribulation among these "creatures".
    Tonight will be the last night I will disturb them. I will move on, back to My World... where my works are at least noticed by those other than my Master. There is no entertainment in an unsupervised world... and to think, that was a Dream come true for myself.

My Days flow by slowly now... With the She-Darkrai residing on my Newmoon, I have one less of a burden.
    But what could she be plotting? There has to be a reason why she exists. And one day, possibly the day I consult my Master, will be the time I find out about her true reason for being.

May thy Imagination be well guarded... as I continue to purge thy Realm of Dreams...

Quote from Muigi

• Tuesday 17/07/2007

Change of Heart?

I hope you enjoyed my performance in Dialga versus Palkia versus Darkrai.
    Don't take me lightheartedly. The last thing I need is sympathy. I was merely acting, nothing more.

And as for my apparent "extermination"... How did I survive?
    I am afraid that is a secret you will be left in the Dark with for ages more...

Since the beginning of this blog, I have taught thee the ways of my Dark Nature. I was created by the Great Arceus, and I am the eternal rival of Cresselia. I have created a Pact with Shadow Master Giratina, and lived through countless millenia. Since the beginning of time, the birth of space, I have watched the world unfold. And in those times, I would continue to do my duties... I would even go so far as to collect special events in my superior memory, to share in the future...

But never in my days would I come to expect this.
    Yet again, I bring up... her.
    The She-Darkrai.
    It is as if I cannot create a subject nowadays without her crawling into it. Why does she plague me so? Why does she... plague my Dark Heart?

I consulted Master Arceus, as I had promised myself. And, like times before, he has disappointed me, hushing me with pointless information and sending me off with more questions than answers to. My Great Master... Why do you torment me, so much so as this She-Darkrai? You are supposed to know everything about the World... yet you refuse to consult me on such a simple subject.

Could it be that...

...No. I refuse to believe it. Anything that doubts my Master's well-being and powers... It is unspeakable. It is blasphemy. My Great Master, forgive me for doubting you, even in my Malevolent Mind...

This is a time for... healing... for me. I have yet to come to grips with this new... threat... in my life. My daily routines, my nightly NightMares, have begun to lose their flavor. All my time has been soaked into... her.

Heh heh...
    So recently, the She-Darkrai approached me... and, for the first time since I invited her to my beloved Newmoon, she started a conversation with me. She asked of where I would go at night, and I would respond as if I were speaking to my Mortal Enemy. But all she would do was giggle at my coldhearted replies, as if she knew I was masking my inner nervousness. Such an uneasy feeling... There was no doubt she could sense it. It was written all over me, all in my words, my actions... She is a cunning one, I will give her that much. She sees right through me, and everything I do. And yet, she continues to dwell on my island, and... accept it.
    What kind of action is this? Never in my life would I ever imagined a more horrific NightMare... or more pleasant a Dream.

She tortures me day by day, night by night... and yet, it is a sort of relief for me.

What feeling is this?
    I have heard of it somewhere before... Whenever I reside on my island, silent, unmoving, and focused on tomorrow's route for Bad Dreams to the Trainers and Insignificants... she is there, lurking in the shadows, watching me. Gazing at me. Smiling at me.

...I must stop now. My Dark Heart...

Quote from Muigi

• ((Glad to hear you're still so enthusiastic about entries, heh. :) ))

Thursday 19/07/2007

The Confusion...

There are new rumors afloat.
    I know not where they originate... but, somehow, the world outside my own has begun to notice my partnership with the She-Darkrai, after so long.

They say mindless things, those stupid Creatures. They know not of my Dark Heart, that it is not so easily effected by the emotion they so mention... what was it again... a word with which so much Good can bloom, just by the very sound of it. A word I have attempted to erase from my vocabulary, as it is sickening to even think of...

Love.

That was it.
    Those simple-minded fools! Do they not know what Powers they tamper with? I am the Prince of Darkness! Not some lovestruck simpleton, as they envision me.
    We shall soon see how they talk come to-morrow whence I pass by their dwelling places tonight... I will take care to make their NightMares...
    extremely unpleasant...

And what has the She-Darkrai to say about this?
    As I ravage the Dreams of those brainless Insignificants, whom tear apart the very image I have developed for so many a millenia, the She-Darkai utters not a word to defend herself. It is as if... she enjoys their talk about us. And whenever she sees me throw myself into my Untamable Rage on the subject, all she does is giggle and smile. Even blush. A Darkrai? Blush? What kind of Creature is she? She cannot possibly be a Darkrai if she...
    blushes...

How can she take such thoughtless words, of Creatures who know not our true relationship with one another? She is merely residing with me, such as roommates in a dormitory. We are only... temporarily... partnered. She continues to fool herself into thinking she will be spending the rest of her days on my Newmoon.

...But what if I am the one whom is foolish?
    Could it be true what they say?
    Have I become so vulnerable to their words that I am beginning to believe...

NO, this will NEVER do.
    I am a Darkrai. I shall forever remain a Darkrai. And as it is such, I have been given my destiny: to create havoc in Imaginations, decimate worlds in Dreams, and horrify those caught in the realm of my NightMares. I will NOT go against my Master's orders. He controls my Fate... my Destiny... my merciful Master...

Tomorrow, I will approach the female Darkrai, and send her off my island.
    I have a Dark Heart. And it will forever remain as such...

And never in my life will I be more...

alone.

Au revoir.

Quote from Muigi

• ((Thanks for the comments, Shrukan and spiff. Really appreciate it. ^_^
    Originally, this wasn't supposed to be a two-part post... but, I'll update again later today with another entry... and possibly even a third.))

Saturday 21/07/2007

Mutiny...

The other day, I said I would confront the She-Darkrai, and dismiss her off my Newmoon Island. I put aside any personal conflicts, and ignored her message of blackmail from days ago.
    The other day, I said I would confront the She-Darkrai, dismiss her off my island, and move on with my life. It would be a time of sewing for me -- I would fix those parts in my life I felt needed mending.
    The other day, I said I would confront the She-Darkrai, dismiss her off my island, move on with my life... and never be more lonely. Have I begun to take a liking for her? Is it because she is like me... or is it because we are so different?

Whatever the case, it matters little now.

When I approached her as promised, my plan driven into my Mind like a nail into wood, she was not staring at me but looking out at the sea. It was Twilight, so the image was breathtaking. The Sun, that annoying thing, was beginning to move its way through the darkness below the horizon... The sky was painted in many colors, and the sea was calm and shimmering under the stars above.

The She-Darkrai never noticed me till I was beside her, gazing at the sight before us. I never noticed just how... the sunrise was. I have such a hatred for the Sun that its beauty is overwhelmed by my biased views. I would have never guessed it could create such a scene...

As she always did whence I was beside her, the She-Darkrai faced me, apparently smiling. But there was a certain sparkle in her eyes... and it was not pertained to the Sun's rising.

Before I could lift a finger or mutter a word, she proposed a plan she said she had devised since her days on Newmoon.

Retaliation.
    Uprising.
    Mutiny.
    A revolution.

Those were just some of the words I heard her say.
    She mentioned something about my Master Arceus... how she had formulated an impeccable plot to bring him to his knees before Our Might.
    She finally explained where she originated, and why Master Arceus knew not of her creation:
    She said that she came from a world opposite of mine, and was brought her by...

none other than Shadow Master Giratina.

The Great Shadow Master had been in this all along, and the reason she had tried to "break" my Pact with him was so to get my attention from my routine NightMares, and away from my Mortal Enemy... It was also a way to test my Allegiance to the Shadow Master, to see if I would spare his life if I were threatened by him...

She continued to say how if I were to join her and the Shadow Master, we could overthrow Arceus once and for all, and be the Supreme Rulers of the World. Controling the Powers of Time and Space.

It was in those moments when I remembered the day I met with my Master. He gave me... a Tour... of Sinnoh, and showed me where the She-Darkrai lay when I had just learned of her existance.
    During that Tour, Time-Ruler Dialga and Space-Ruler Palkia were with Us.
    Was the reason Arceus had summoned Dialga and Palkia... was to speak with them about plots of Mutiny? Had my Master known of the She-Darkrai's intentions, or was he only hearing rumors of it? How? Why?

By the time the She-Darkrai had finished, my mind was ecstatic, bewildered, and angered all at once. She had only been using me... sucking up to me so to gain my trust. She knew of my Dark Desires, how I have always wanted to rule over the lands of Sinnoh, and more. She knew of my Companionship with the Shadow Master, and that I could not afford to let him down in such a generous offer...

What if we were to succeed in bringing the downfall of my Master, Arceus... my generous... merciful... Master...

...At this point in time, I have not made up my mind on whether to join the She-Darkrai's Rebellion.

This is the moment I have been waiting for all my life.
    A time for change. It is the perfect opportunity...
    and yet, it... troubles... my Dark Heart...

But why?

Why?

Quote from Muigi