OoT V.s TP

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

Not really. How is it interesting when you know the whole story not even half way through the game?

Besides, TP had plot twists, something OoT didn't have.

I wouldn't say that, theres shiek, the freezing of Zora Domain, theres lots of surprises.

• I am NOT a zelda n00b, and I like TP. It was simply funner. The graphics were nice and all, but they didn't really matter. The plot was awesome, and wolf link is so freaking fun. Horseback fighting was awesome!
    Yah, sure OoT was really popular before, but here and now, TP>OoT.
    OoT has too many dungeons, Not as much other things.

• I'm still not agreeing, Ocarina of Time had many things that appealed to the players, and still do, i can replay Ocarina of Time thousands of times, but only TP like two or three times.

• I concur with HMM here, OoT was the first Zelda game I ever played and the nostalgic nature of it all, well its mind-blowing really. It may seem to some that OoT is become dated as of late and that TP is it's spiritual successor in that respect, but I always regard OoT as one of the finest games ever made. OoT appealed to me then and still appeals to me now after all these years, with TP however I completed it once or twice and haven't gone back to it since. I guess OoT was more compelling and revolutionary back then and it really struck people.

• Quote from Hector the Specter

I concur with HMM here, OoT was the first Zelda game I ever played and the nostalgic nature of it all, well its mind-blowing really. It may seem to some that OoT is become dated as of late and that TP is it's spiritual successor in that respect, but I always regard OoT as one of the finest games ever made. OoT appealed to me then and still appeals to me now after all these years, with TP however I completed it once or twice and haven't gone back to it since. I guess OoT was more compelling and revolutionary back then and it really struck people.

Exactly, Ocarina of Time left me with memories that I'll never forget, not only that it got me started on Zelda, it made me start playing video games.

• It got me into the Zelda series, and i have many memories with it when I was a dumb little kid =P

But that doesn't make it my favorite. I've played through OoT hundreds, if not thousands of times over the years, and now I can't anymore. It's just boring now.

But that isn't the point. TP was more vast in itself, and it felt real. Not to mention horseback fighting, Wolf Link, motion controls, lots of new things to Zelda. And don't give me that whole "lolllz but oot had sheikz!!1111one" bs, no one cares. That's one little character. TP had more emotion to it's storyline, it showed the hatred for and from an old race, it showed Zant's crazed jealousy, and overall the game was emotional in itself. Don't tell me that you didn't feel something in kakariko with Colin and them cutscenes. All OoT was was more of a history lesson of Hyrule. If you say OoT had more emotion story and character like, that's not down to opinion, that's just being blind and being an OoT fanboy. Sorry to say, but it's true.

• Quote from TriforceMaster3000

It got me into the Zelda series

I think that is probably one of the main reasons this game is everyones personal favorite

• Quote from mortuaries

I think that is probably one of the main reasons this game is everyones personal favorite

That and it did so much for Zelda, this game was not only fun, but had great graphics in its time.

• Indeed, was probably one the best looking games if not thee best at the time it came out and blew all the other games out of the water both graphically and in its sheer ingenuity and flawless design. TP lacked that in my opinion and relied too much on making it a "spiritual successor" to the original classic rather than focusing on making a different Zelda game. They should know you can't beat the classics, and they forever stay in our minds and nothing tends to compete we are very adamant about that.

• Quote from mortuaries

Yeah. OoT me into the Zelda series, and it was a great game to get anyone interested. I prefer OoT to TP. I didn't really like the wolf thing. It was something different, but I didn't like it. I also preferred OoT's storyline and challenges. TP was good; I particularly enjoyed the last battle. It was a bit reminiscent in parts. I wanted TP to have something more differences to make it more unique to OoT.

• Quote from goombastic

Yeah. OoT me into the Zelda series, and it was a great game to get anyone interested. I prefer OoT to TP. I didn't really like the wolf thing. It was something different, but I didn't like it. I also preferred OoT's storyline and challenges. TP was good; I particularly enjoyed the last battle. It was a bit reminiscent in parts. I wanted TP to have something more differences to make it more unique to OoT.

Yeah i was hoping TP would be in Termania.

• I really do hope we revisit Termina in the future, it would be a welcoming, exciting possibility. I mean think what Termina would look like now if it had TP's graphics, they could even expand on that. Another story set in the Termina overworld wouldn't bother me the slightest, I mean maybe they'd have to work in accordance with the timeline an all that but I'm sure that wouldn't be a hindrance. Obiviously taking place after the first events in MM, when peace is restored and such I'm sure there would be room for an interesting story there.

• Quote from Hector the Specter

I really do hope we revisit Termina in the future, it would be a welcoming, exciting possibility. I mean think what Termina would look like now if it had TP's graphics, they could even expand on that. Another story set in the Termina overworld wouldn't bother me the slightest, I mean maybe they'd have to work in accordance with the timeline an all that but I'm sure that wouldn't be a hindrance. Obiviously taking place after the first events in MM, when peace is restored and such I'm sure there would be room for an interesting story there.

HELLS YEAH! That would be so cool, who knows if were lucky and bother nintendo enough we can get them to make it....

• In terms of Graphics and Realism...TP...

But I'd have to go with OOT being better overall..
    Its graphics, while blistering for its time, considered "lame" in present time, to me, gives it more of a game feeling.
    A balance between the "Cartoon" realm and real realm.
    Its story is Unique somewhat...and its just beautiful :)
    *sniff*

• Oot had a great novelty to it and I like it alot, but TP gets my vote because it held my interest longer and (on the Wii) it had interesting controles which gave it a novelty too. Oot is just behind it but TP was just more interesting.

• There are always different opinions, and I have to say that OoT, is better. OoT, just seems legendary to me.