Favourite Operating System?

• What's your favourite operating system? 0

1. Linux (0) 0%
    2. Unix (0) 0%
    3. Windows (0) 0%
    4. Mac OS X (0) 0%
    5. Other (please specify) (0) 0%

I've always relied on Windows from the beginning really, I never really got into using any other operating system. I guess it was just easier for me, very easily accessible. What's yours?

• Ive only ever used Windows aswell

A mate has Vista, its not all that much different but looks a little nicer and has 3D navigation

• I've always stuck with Windows, I had Vista for a short time but I got rid of it

• Quote from X3 AL3X X3

Windows because it hardly fails you.

A lot of Mac users beg to differ. They say that PCs crash randomly a lot more than Macs do - this is misinformed. It's a careless owner of a computer that results in errors and crashes, not the PC itself.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Linux Ubuntu Studio is the most enjoyable OS I've Ever Used.
    I'd Pick it over MAC OSX which I still pick over Windows Anyday.
    Mac users will boast a Windows pc crashing more, because from personal experience, if you leave a Mac unattended, that is,
    No tweaking,no check, no anything to boost performance etc,and do the same to the Windows,
    You have a higher chance of your windows crashing horribly on you.
    Worse yet if you use the internet (no protection of course, but thats what I meant about "no anything")

• Quote from Oni Lunk

Mac users will boast a Windows pc crashing more, because from personal experience, if you leave a Mac unattended, that is,
    No tweaking,no check, no anything to boost performance etc,and do the same to the Windows,
    You have a higher chance of your windows crashing horribly on you.
    Worse yet if you use the internet (no protection of course, but thats what I meant about "no anything")

That's because the userbase of Mac owners is smaller than Windows owners and therefore virtually no one makes viruses/spyware for Macs.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• I must admit that that is true.
    But tha Mac is indeed more secure anyway...
    And aside from viruses, Windows does crash all on its own...Take the Famous "Explorer" for example...
    Its know to crash for absolutely no reason...

Now..we can go on and on about which OS is better...
    From my personal Experience, the Mac is definitely more user friendly than Windows, and does not mess up unless the user messes it up.
    Others have their preferences and I respect that.

Also, if one uses the fact that Games are little or non existent on the Mac as an argument against Macs, one should throw that argument out.
    EA has stated that games will soon be developed for the mac.
    Gaming shall soon return to where it once was :)

Games are really the only thing that put windows over mac anyway :S...

• Yes, we could go on and on about which OS is better, but it's all about what you're using them for.

If you want compatibility and gaming, then you go with Windows.

If you want design, then you go with Mac.

If you want functionality... then that's dependent on the programs you use.

Also, it's about time EA finally made games for Macs... how long has it been, like 10 years? Making games for Macs is like trying to feed the hungry. :Q

I have yet to try a current generation Mac, but I have no need to. I'm perfectly okay with Windows because I have yet to have problems, and saying Windows has problems... that is based on the user, regardless if you "leave the computer alone".

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Making games for the macs isn't that terribly hard XD
    Its just the fact that Windows has a more users makes producers program toward Windows...
    Actually, most if not all games originate on a Linux based system...But I'm sure you're aware of that.

In all actuallity, Compatibility is not a major problem.There are Mac programs do recognize the Windows formats.
    Example .doc etc...

Current generation Macs are fabulous.
    They even work way better than Vista imo...
    I'd take XP over Vista anyday actually..lol...
    You should really try a new mac :)

Oh,and Windows can be put on a Mac computer :)
    OSX can be put on a Windows PC as well...but its not as clear cut as putting windows on a mac...
    The OSX is a hack...It works relatively good imo, but it lacks a true Mac experience XD

• Yeah Man I love Linux! The Distro's I used were Ubuntu/Kubuntu (KDE) and Mandriva/Mandrake (former name) and some others, however my new PC Setup doesn't work well with Linux so it's a pain that I am forced to use Windows :(