Pok?mon Diamond and Pearl Topic

• another pokemon game?! hahah

ive totaly lost track of all these, i remember when there used to be what 250 pokemon?

how many are there these days?

• Yes, Serebii.net helps out a LOT when it comes to Pokemon Diamond/Pearl...

I got the game the day it came out, April 22nd, and I must say it has retained its addictiveness... Then again, since when have the RPG-styled Pokemon games NOT been addicting?

There are 493 of the little buggers now, as Shrukan pointed out, but no new types (yet).
    However, the Pokemon "creator" has finally been recognized in this game... and it's not Mew...

Whichever game you pick, Diamond or Pearl, does not effect the story drastically... The only differences between the games are which Pokemon are obtainable in which (such as the Water/Dragon Palkia is exclusive in Pearl, and the Steel/Dragon Dialga is exclusive to Diamond).

I've beaten the game, defeated the Elite Four a couple dozen times, and I'm currently into Wi-Fi Battles... I've managed to complete the Sinnoh and National Dex (yes, that means captured all 493 Pokemon o_o ), so all that's left for me is training and the contests. My card is a Gold Card with 4 stars. I just need one more star to officially "complete" the game, and obtain a Black Card... To do this, however, I must defeat the dreaded contests (which I lack the talent of beating; I depend highly on my sister for these).

This has been my second longest played Pokemon game... though it is far from beating the record I hold on my Pokemon Silver (a whopping 330-400 hours playtime total, until it reset itself).

...Whew. :P

Shrukan: I can trade you a Pachirisu, and possibly a Darkrai, if you like.

BIG thanks to Shrukan for the Darkrai sig and Fan banner thing!!
    -Also known as Stelie (in Relosc), and Steelblast (a Decepticon).-

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Does your computer/internet have Wi-Fi capabilities? Or do you need a WFC?

Quote from Muigi

[Today 01:46 PM] Muigi: Godzilla could kick that beached-whale monster's ass anyday.

• Quote from Steelia

Does your computer/internet have Wi-Fi capabilities? Or do you need a WFC?

I think I need get WFC. Do you know where to get one for a cheap price? I have a regular router here, sitting next to the computer. I have Cable High-Speed internet.

• The cheapest I know a WFC to be is roughly $20. You can buy them either at Wal-Mart or Gamestop... I got mine from Gamestop, so I'm not exactly sure if W-M has the same price for it. You may be able to find them at, say, Best Buy or K-Mart, too.

Quote from Muigi

• Shrukan: You have to get your Friend Code first... To get your FC, you have to first log on to the WFC... It will automatically give you it once you do so.

I'll leave this here for future reference:

Once you get your WFC (and have it installed and everything), on your Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, head to the Main Menu of the game -- Where it says "CONTINUE", "NEW GAME", (possibly) "MYSTERY GIFT", and "NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS".
    Click "NINTENDO WFC SETTINGS".
    Once there, you'll see (on the bottom screen) Options, and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings. Click NWFCS.
    When you click it, you'll see three boxes -- labeled "Connection 1", "- 2", and "- 3", and at the bottom, you'll see "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector".

There are two options at this point:
    1) If you have Wi-Fi activated for your internet, click on "Connection 1". When you do, click "Search for Access Point". It should automatically find an access point for you, and should test your connection. Click OK and exit once all of that is finished.

2) If you have a USB WFC, click "Connect to your Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector". It should say to have your WFC installed by this point, and if it is, click OK. Then it will search for your WFC... When it does, on the bottom right-hand corner of your laptop/computer (next to where the time is located), you'll see a small blue sphere with a tiny label: "Wi-Fi". Double click on that (or right click, "Run Nintendo WFC Registration Tool"), and it should open to a simple menu that shows what users are connected to the WFC, or who has connected in the past. If you have NEVER connected to the WFC, your name (it depends on what you called yourself in your Nintendo DS options; your name is visible when you first turn on your NDS, and is located on the top screen at the top left-hand corner) will appear. Right click on your name, and click "Grant Permission to Connect".
    -*Note: If on your NDS, it says that it couldn't connect to your WFC, try again. It couldn't connect because you didn't Grant Access to yourself originally.
    Once you've Granted Permission, it should say connection was successful, and it will run a test. Do so. After all that, it should say test was successful, and you can exit.

#2 is a lot easier done than said. It only looks long, trust me. :P

@spiff: I have an Action Replay, so I was able to tap into my game and activate the Events... Call me a cheater. :P
    But as for one of my Darkrai, I actually got it via Wi-Fi. It's a special Japanese-only Darkrai, that knows Spatial Rend and Roar of Time. Pretty nifty moves.

Quote from Muigi

• What're you trading it for?
    I can send you a Pkmn you don't have (depends, though).

Quote from Muigi

• I just beat the Second Gym Leader. This is my team:

- Bunery (15)
    - Staravia (22)
    - Gortle (18)
    - Luxio (named Zagar XD!) (17)
    - Misdravus (10; will train in the future)
    - Shellos (14)

Sorry if I spelled them wrong or something, I'm not up-to-date with the new names of the Pokemon).