Mozilla Firefox Addon: Fasterfox

• Performance and network tweaks for Firefox...

Performance and network tweaks for Firefox.

Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS cache, and initial paint delay.

Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with the unique prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently loading and caching all of the links on the page you are browsing.

A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also included.

I use it, and love it.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1269

• I used to use it, but then I realized that it actually made pages load slower occasionally... I just got rid of it after using for just under a year. Besides, every site I visit is cached. Do you ever notice that all of the images or frames you see are loaded and saved to your cache, and therefore show up instantly on your next visit? :)

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

I used to use it, but then I realized that it actually made pages load slower occasionally... I just got rid of it after using for just under a year. Besides, every site I visit is cached. Do you ever notice that all of the images or frames you see are loaded and saved to your cache, and therefore show up instantly on your next visit? :)

yes but then again i delete my cookies a lot. and my temp files.

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

yes but then again i delete my cookies a lot. and my temp files.

I only do that about one a month, because then all pages have to be saved to my cache again... heck, that banner takes a few second to load just because it's an image, due to the fact that I have a bad DSL connection. I want high-speed soo bad, it would help with playing in Euro servers in Soldat, too, because I get a lot of those compared to North American servers... ;_;

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

I only do that about one a month, because then all pages have to be saved to my cache again... heck, that banner takes a few second to load just because it's an image, due to the fact that I have a bad DSL connection. I want high-speed soo bad, it would help with playing in Euro servers in Soldat, too, because I get a lot of those compared to North American servers... ;_;

Yeah i run a program Called Ccleaner, its great and it cleaans out everything. BUt yeah in soldat i get a lot of foreign servers as well.

• Does Mozzilla FireFox work for Windows XP and Apple?

We all have a phantom, a "mirror image". It looks back at you each time you look into a mirror.

Will yours consume you, or will you triumph in the light.

phanlinksig.png

• Yes, of course it does.... Its more faster and secure than Internet explorer as well.

• Quote from Vaati

Sadly, I am. MMO's are laggy as hell, getting on here takes five minutes. And my connection speed is 45 kbps

Oh, mines at 100 mbps... wow.

• Quote from Happy Mask Salesman

Oh, mines at 100 mbps... wow.

No, it's not. That's your local connection - how much speed you have on your network. Your real connection speed can be calculated here:

http://www.speedtest.net

Download speed was 254 kbps, upload was 234 kbps. Yeah, my DSL is terrible... but LinkN64, trust me, I used to have dial-up a few years ago... man.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• Quote from Twistkill

High-speed. Lucky bastard... it takes me longer to load Youtube videos than it does to play them.

Sorry to say it but, mine don't even have to load.. but i used to 54 KBPS connection so i know your pain... i just dont feel it.