• Silly for me to ask this questions but I'm wondering since we have a few adult members here, or close ones.

What is it feel like to be an adult? Strange? Or normal?

I think its kinda of strange the closer you get to being an adult... You have to go to work and make money and such. To me, I feel a bit strange. Maybe its my shyness...

So how is it to be an adult?

• I'm close. I'll be a legal adult in January, and I'm looking for a job right now...

Independence is the key word here. The first step is social interaction. You need to make friends, although this can start very early - like, when you're in elementary school. Then, you get a job. This typically starts with little things like washing cars, shoveling snow when you're approximately 14, but when you start to hit 16... then you go to businesses to work for a boss. I wanna work at Subway or Weston Produce... The next step would be driving. I'll be going for my learner's permit sometime this week. The biggest step would most likely be moving out to live on your own and starting your own life. It would be much better for me to live here at home through college, which is what I plan to do, but I'll be driving and I'll have a job to pay for college. My sister has lived on her own for the past 10 years, but now she's living with us again, and she's 29 years old.

See, being an adult isn't strange, it just means you've grown up. Physically and age-wise, you've matured. Maturity-wise? That is to the individual.

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• It seems strange for me, since you know, I'm not really grown up. lol.

By the time I hit 18, I'll get a job at the apartment complex nearby, where my bro works, and get some money. However, I'll be still living with my mom and dad, as they really need my help with money and such (Dad being Diabetic and mom having to take care of both of us).

So yeah. I'm going to have a fun start... I'm still to shy, even to shop alone. Sure I can swipe our Bridge Card fine, but I'm still shy as hell. ><

• I know how you feel Shurkan I'm freaking shy too I'm really shy around girls.

• I typically have lunch at Subway 2 or 3 times a week. I walk there... I cross a very busy intersection (Yonge St in Richmond Hill. Hah.), go into Subway, order, and pay for my stuff, then either eat the goods there or take them back home. I also stop by Reid's Dairy to pick up milk whenever my mom needs me to, because it's cheaper. I also go to Weston Produce occasionally when my mom or sister need groceries, and I went to Laser Quest last week with my cousin. All of this stuff is within walking distance. Soon, I'll be driving or maybe taking the buses/subways to get around.

When I'm in college or university, I'll obviously be distancing myself from my parents, but I'll still be living at home - although living on my own in a cheap apartment sounds quite convenient due to being away from my parents and not having them bother me, I have quality meals and housing available at home.

Oh, and I'm also becoming less shy... although I'm not attractive at all, I'll talk to girls if given the opportunity... I'm obviously not going to jump a girl I see on the street and say "Hey, how are you doing today?!".

I am a huge Soldat fan.

• I'm quite shy myself, so I don't know how I'll adjust. I'm worried. I think I'm starting to be a bit more responsible, and I feel like I have skills that can make me worthwhile to the world, and I'm becoming a bit more independent, but I don't know whether I can do this. I would do stuff on my own more, but I don't have a drivers license yet, nor is anything within walking distance of my house. I certainly know how to order at a restaurant (Just do it!), and it turns out I have a credit card (low spending limit of course!) though I haven't used it, as well as a checking account, which I have used. ^_^

Banner by Midna the Imp (MtI); utter pwnage, that New Dawn Graphics
    Look close, my three fav shadows ^^
    98% of the Zelda community like the idea of Link and Zelda together. If your one of the 2% who doesn't, copy this on to your sig and LET'S BRING 'EM DOWN!!!