Favorite Marvel Movie?

• So I just finished watching Ant-Man for the first time, and it was MUCH better than I had expected. To be honest, it's probably my favorite Marvel movie. Watch it and you will understand. So that brings me to this question, what is your favorite Marvel movie?

*insert something witty here*

• Official Post

I assume we're talking "The MCU," which doesn't include the Spider Man or X-Men movies.

I'm terrible at picking favorites. The original Iron Man was great, but so was Iron Man 3. Iron Man 2 is a lot better than everyone says it is. Thor 2 was better than Thor 1. The Avengers is one of the most overrated movies ever, but Age of Ultron is pretty good. Both Captain America movies were great.

We need a Black Widow movie.

• I assume we're talking "The MCU," which doesn't include the Spider Man or X-Men movies.

I'm terrible at picking favorites. The original Iron Man was great, but so was Iron Man 3. Iron Man 2 is a lot better than everyone says it is. Thor 2 was better than Thor 1. The Avengers is one of the most overrated movies ever, but Age of Ultron is pretty good. Both Captain America movies were great.

We need a Black Widow movie.

Any character that is in the Marvel universe comics and has their own movie is allowed, so Spider-Man and X-Men is allowed. Sorry, I forgot to clear that up!

• Well then, The Amazing Spider Man is better than the Toby McGuire Spider Man. And the X-Men movies have been pretty consistently good. I didn't hate the third one as much as everybody says I should have.

• Official Post

I really don't like the Toby movies at all. The first one is painfully reminiscent of the months following 9/11. Lots of huge American flags, and the "DON'T MESS WITH NEW YORK" climax. I guess it made us feel better at the time, but in the context of the last 14 years the whole thing is retch-inducing. The second movie is probably the best of the 3, with the train scene being a legitimate tear-jerker for me. And Doc Oc is an actually pretty sympathetic villain. But the movie is filled with so much awful CGI, and the love story between PP and MJ feels so fucking forced, with stupid tacked-on drama between them. And the third movie is just...just fucking bad. Holy christ on a cracker that movie is bad.

The newer movie felt fresh and original-ish. I didn't get around to seeing the sequel that everyone agreed was awful yet, but no matter how bad it is I wish they'd just do a third movie with that actor, rather than jumping to an entirely new actor.

I gotta say, this whole comic book movie thing is getting out of hand. >.>

• I really don't like the Toby movies at all. The first one is painfully reminiscent of the months following 9/11. Lots of huge American flags, and the "DON'T MESS WITH NEW YORK" climax. I guess it made us feel better at the time, but in the context of the last 14 years the whole thing is retch-inducing. The second movie is probably the best of the 3, with the train scene being a legitimate tear-jerker for me. And Doc Oc is an actually pretty sympathetic villain. But the movie is filled with so much awful CGI, and the love story between PP and MJ feels so fucking forced, with stupid tacked-on drama between them. And the third movie is just...just fucking bad. Holy christ on a cracker that movie is bad.

The newer movie felt fresh and original-ish. I didn't get around to seeing the sequel that everyone agreed was awful yet, but no matter how bad it is I wish they'd just do a third movie with that actor, rather than jumping to an entirely new actor.

I gotta say, this whole comic book movie thing is getting out of hand. >.>

Don't ban me for saying this......I liked Spider-Man 3. :T_T: It's not my favorite Spider-Man movie (that would be Amazing Spider-Man 2) but I thought it was okay. I do agree with you on your opinion of Spider-Man 2 is the strongest movie of the original trilogy. Alfred Molina portrayed the character of Doc Ock spectacularly. I still enjoy The Amazing Spider-Man 2 more than any of the other Spider-Man movies though. Too bad they abruptly ended the Amazing series... I guess we'll just have to see if the new reboot can top all of the other movies.

• Official Post

Banned.

I really don't know how you can enjoy Spider Man 3. I'm always skeptical any time there's a sort of mass consensus about a movie. (I refuse to believe Avatar is worth the hype. And the '95 Judge Dredd isn't that bad.) But Spider Man 3 is a movie that absolutely deserves the amount of hate it gets. The characters are hateable, their relationships are regressive, the plot is confused and directionless, and the movie's tone is all over the place.

If you wanted to write a huge fuckin' post on why Spider Man 3 is good, I would read it.

• I'm not wanting to start an argument or "intense debate" as I like to call it, I was just talking about my opinion about the movie. And I'm the type of person who rarely types up about 4 paragraphs on their post, so I'm alright. :XD:

• Official Post

Honestly I'd just be interested to know why you like something which, to me, seems so self-evidently bad. If you don't want to be forced to defend your opinion, I'd be happy to just read it and thank you for sharing without a more substantive reply.

I thrive on argument. An impassioned, friendly discussion can make my day. But I get that not everyone enjoys it, and I'm always happy to back off if asked.

Returning to the topic at hand:

The Avengers sucked. Discuss.