Thread for SPAMMY & random posts

• Official Post

But my post count is how I can prove that I'm an important person!

I am sorry. I am still trapped in the archaic forum paradigm of punishing people for having too much fun with their messages.

• Official Post

I am sorry. I am still trapped in the archaic forum paradigm of punishing people for having too much fun with their messages.

It's kinda true, isn't it? The rules for a lot of old forums really don't make much sense.

• Official Post

It's kinda true, isn't it? The rules for a lot of old forums really don't make much sense.

It is dumb now. Hosting a forum back then was too expensive and the space way more limited so every post in the database had to count.

In theory disabling the post count discourages members to spam their way up. But if they want to do so. Isn't better that they have an area for those quick posts instead of resorting to shallow replies elsewhere to that end?

We could be spamming, but instead we're having a coherent somewhat serious discussion. Haha.

Can't help it. I think it is an interesting thing to talk about.

• INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE INHALE

*insert something witty here*

• Well you've certainly corrected the flaw of the spam thread being filled with normal discussion posts.

It is dumb now. Hosting a forum back then was too expensive and the space way more limited so every post in the database had to count.

In theory disabling the post count discourages members to spam their way up. But if they want to do so. Isn't better that they have an area for those quick posts instead of resorting to shallow replies elsewhere to that end?

We could be spamming, but instead we're having a coherent somewhat serious discussion. Haha.

Can't help it. I think it is an interesting thing to talk about.

I didn't consider database costs. I never actually had to pay for hosting on any of the forums I ran; they were either on my personal server, of Ceraptor's.

I think there's a reason most websites don't have post counts anymore. Seeing that little number next to your name does something to people's brains. They want to make the number bigger, and they post dumb shit to make that happen. That's certainly what I did at the original TSR.

Still, I'm glad these forums have kept post counts around.

• Official Post

I think there's a reason most websites don't have post counts anymore. Seeing that little number next to your name does something to people's brains. They want to make the number bigger, and they post dumb shit to make that happen. That's certainly what I did at the original TSR.

Still, I'm glad these forums have kept post counts around.

Xenforo, this forum software allows us to choose what to display in each skin. I usually tend to omit post counts and just let people check in members profile that info. :-p

The other problem, although not entirely caused by post counter is the veterans versus n00bs. Where newbies get minimised over older members woth huge post counts. There is also that as a nee member seeing a 5 digit number post count makes yiu feel you're entering a an old club where you won't get their inside jokes and stuff.

No seeing the post count allows a bit more to bring the feeling of being in the same level.

• Official Post

The Veteran vs. Noob mentality is absolutely a problem with online communities. But do you think visible post counts really play that much of a role? I tend to think it has more to do with how the veterans treat each other, vs. noobs. I actually have a really specific example of this, in the Jorbs thread:

http://forums.zeldacavern.com/index.php?thre…age-2#post-1658

After my previous post, there were two replies. One from you, and one from Vengeance. My initial inclination was to only respond to you. After all: I know you, I'm comfortable talking with you, and you and I were having a conversation about a specific subject. But that would have arbitrarily excluded Vengeance for no better reason than his new-ness. When he came back to the forum, he'd see that his post had been ignored, and he wouldn't really have much reason to come back again.

I don't think the post count really matters all that much. I think the real issue is that vets ignore noobs.

Also, Xenforo is great. I don't know how much modification has been done to this place, but this is absolutely my favorite forum software I've ever used. If I ever admin a forum again, I'd want to use this software.

• thanks i drew it myself

You should, like, totally make a Youtube channel out of it.

Speaking of made up emotocons.The big ones at roczuz are just catching dust. They might be a bit too big here but maube I sjould make them hidden smilies or someghing. Lol

• You should, like, totally make a Youtube channel out of it.

Speaking of made up emotocons.The big ones at roczuz are just catching dust. They might be a bit too big here but maube I sjould make them hidden smilies or someghing. Lol

Just let their misery end.

I'm not getting old, I'm killing myself before I hit my 30s

• Okay, this one is kinda nice.

How fun!

Actually, as the rules, I can say anything but not everything:

I wanna say is.. This community is the best..

And this not is the end..
    Anyways, so tell me, why the stars shine?

I know it's an impossible question to answer, but if you'll try, you'll get something in your mind.

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

"Sent by Queen Legend on her LG D686".