FL Fan Fiction Contest!

• Forsaken Legend Fan-Fic Contest

That's right boys and girls. Forsaken Legend is going to be holding it's first fan fiction contest. Pull out your pens and paper, dust of the typewriter, and prepare to use more than your WASD keys.

The Rules

As with any contest there have got to be some rules. The rules must be followed or you will be at risk of a sever tongue lashing if not disqualification. TThe rules are your manuscript must:

be double spaced
    have your name in the upper lefthand corner
    have your Email address directly under your name (single spaced)
    not exceed ten page
    be typed in Courier or Courier New - 12 point font
    have margins - Top .75in, bottom .60in, sides, .5in

Anyone thinks that I am going a bit overboard with these rules, tough. You try reading a pile of stories, each in a different font size, color, and spacing, and you'll see why I make a big deal about it. Keep in mind that tongue lashing, they can be quite harsh.

Who Can Enter?

Anyone can enter, heck, if you can throw your cat in a box with a typewriter and it can follow the rules then your cat can enter. There will be a prize awarded for the first place story.

How they will be judged, and other things.

The way your stories will be judged will be on a 24 point scale. The points will be distributed as follows:

Originality 0-7
    Composition 0-6
    Dialogue0-5
    Description 0-4
    Grammar 0-3

What? Yes, I said grammar. Writing isn't all subjective you know. There is an art to the rules as well. So, this might be a good time to talk to that girl (or the guy for those who insist on being PC) in your English class, you know, the one you have been dying to talk to and just didn't have the guts to, to help you with your grammar. I wouldn't suggest telling them it is to help you in a Legend of Zelda Fan Fiction Contest,. Let them have the impression that you are genuinely interested in the betterment of your self.

You'll notice that the scale contains zeroes. It is theoretically possible that there could be a story so bad that it would rate a 0, but I doubt any of you are capable of such a thing. I expect above twenty from you all.

Last thing, and this is paramount. Each story must contain an aged character Joro, and the opening line, "I watched the wood splinter." I don't care how you get them in. The first line could be description or dialogue, I don't care, just get it in.

The Prize

The prize will be your choice of one of three custom Zelda Themed T-shirts. You get the choice so that you aren't stuck with something you hate, but don't get used to it. Life is rarely fair. Most of the time it is cruel and abusive.

How to Enter

All entries must be sent to submissions@forsakenlegend.net in the form of either a well formatted and neat email, or a microsoft word document. The final due date is Sept 15. Ready begin, and good luck.

Last Note

P.S. anyone comments on my grammar for this post and there will be "concequences and repercussions." I'm tired, hungry, and this is the second time I have posted this.

• Heh, too much text in the post for me to be silly about some stupid grammar :D I might enter, with a short story.

.. _ .. /~_0_~\ .. _ ..
    -=!~||~!=-
    defy the blackened, enshroud your timidity, destroy the legend, embrace your reality.

-=!~|I am from beyond your God|~!=-

• I might write something. I'm pretty good at writing short stories about videogame characters and stuff... I'm currently writing one about Shadow the Hedgehog, but I can't post it here because it's too long, lol

--I'm out of my mind. Please leave a message.--
    --*Hands out hearts to everyone* Be happy--

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

• How to Enter

All entries must be sent to submissions@forsakenlegend.net in the form of either a well formatted and neat email, or a microsoft word document. The final due date is Sept 15. Ready begin, and good luck.

^

Errrr... I believe the contest ended about four months ago. Though if you still want to submit a story, you can do so through the Writing Center.

*locks thread*

Need help with anything? Feel free to PM me.